Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

THE GOLDEN GIRLS SEASON 4

Replies

• Options
    Jay I think you've had enough drama for this weekend maybe you should stay home!!! Luckily I already had my tea at hand when I started reading! How much is the number plate? Maybe you could buy your aunt one on the basis that they stop fighting forever! I had a right chuckle at the todgers - maybe the guy was reading it when you came in and he hid it in a brochure! Did you bring it home with you? I would have :lol:

Credit due Jay, I think the huge bucket of sticky dust helped - I didn't wash out my ear either so some of it is still probably in there! image

Thanks for all the congrats girls, as I said I'll be hanging around here for a long while waiting to see what happens. I worked out yesterday that Wednesday is my first goal, if I get to Wednesday without any spotting that will be a good sign based on my other mc charts. Then of course I have to get to 6-7w for the hb and then 12-13w will be the best point to get to other than delivery of course! image (which will be by a nice and calm and planned c-section!)

OK Frecks I just did 2 different Chinese predictors and I'm having a girl! Wooohooo!!!! So dh just got up and I tried the wedding ring (as it was in the bedrrom) and if I do it over my wrist it's a boy but if I do it over my abdomen it says girl! Maybe it's confused as it's too early! Jay have you done yours yet? What did it say?

So Frecks, make sure you practice what you preach hun and RELAX yourself - if not I will come over and slap you, no cyber slapping as I have time to come now!!!!! :lol:

I'm already up in the night once at night for a wee! Sometimes I am anyway but now it seems to be every night. :roll:

Well Shirls keep going, this month was my longest ov since I've been temping and opking and this was my month, so you never know hun! Now that the 2 old bids (Frecks and I) have our bfp's you will get your's I'm sure, especially armed with your cbfm! Where are you taking your mum anywhere nice? I suppose I better call mine, like you Shirls and Frecks my mum never calls me either! I won't be telling her anything though, they are due to come and visit in November when I'll be about 10w so I will most likely tell them then, all being well as I won't be drinking and they will most likely guess.

I think dh and I are going to see Wall Street at the movies today - is it out over there yet? I'll let you know how it is. :\)

• Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry i keep disappearing but it seems that everytime i'm gone a while i come back to a BFP! image So i might keep doing it for shirls and BC! I am over the moon for you BOB! Completely lost for words, theres nothing i can say that hasnt been said already but just know that i am so thrilled for you imageimageimageimageimage Its definatley fate. Look after yourself hun and i just have a really good feeling that everythings gonna be fine xxx Now you have jay and freckle to let you know what to expect! I've been waiting to hear this news since i first started chatting to you and when you tell us i'm gone, not the way a GG should act!

Freckle i hope your feeling better, you've been through the wars. Make sure your taking it easy, put your feet up and do all your planning online or over the phone! I had a flashback of your mad ewcm days last week freckle, i think you cyber smitted me with it! :lol:

Jay...what a weekend or should i say what a saturday?! With my family i've found disputes easier to handle by taking a step back, my family is huge so theres way too many arguements to keep up! Your mum must be a strong lady to look after your grandmother the way she does, i work with the elderly so i know how distressing it can be. OMG to the pics! That gave me a giggle! Looking forward to a bump update!

Shirls hope you had a good night with your mum! Bring on that peak on cbfm!

Well ladies i've just been working flat out, lots going on at the minute and i'm literally flaking when i get home so thats why i havent been on much. This month i'm just wanting to get af outa the way to give it our all as this will def be our last month of trying until next year. Thats the closest i'm gonna get to grumbling today as i'm on a high from BOBs news! Congrats again i'm sooooooooo happy for you :\) I really hope you girls hang around here even when your little bambinos are born xxx

[Modified by: -laura- on October 03, 2010 10:23 PM]

• Options
    WHOO HOOO!!! BOB,CONGRATULATIONS!!! that is the best news this weekend. I am so happy for you. Send some dust over to me please??? Dont know what day I am to be honest, didnt continue with the OPK's as some days I work till late and completely missed the testing window. So I had to predict ov based on last months cycle. By my calcs I should just be in the 2ww. Had some shooting pains in my right side so hoping thats a good sign. I'm sooo pleased for you BOB, after all the work hassle you deserve a bit of good news. Hi to all the other ladies too xxx
  • Options
    Hi girls, great to hear from you both, we were about to send out the search party!

I'm not going anywhere until this babe is out, after all my bad luck I feel like I'm tempting fate announcing anything or going to a DI forum!

So I had some ov pains BC this month but had very few symptoms after that, in fact I was noticing the lack of (o)(o) pain this month until now, as it has started to come on a little - so symptoms don't always mean something I know that from plenty of bfp's and no bfp's now! God our bodies are a mystery. Maybe it was because I was so distracted by everything at work? I was convinced the stress would mean I was out this month.

OK Laura, this is your month (and hopefully shirls and BC's too!)! Are you bding everyday around ov hun? and every other day leading up to it? I didn't use preseed this month but got 2 bfp's before from using it, so not sure if that helps or not now??? When I first started using it I was convinced it helped as had the 2 bfp's from it but now I've had 2 without it so who knows? Now I want to keep up the pma but, if you don't get your bfp this month will you go back on the pill or will you just go au naturel and if it happens it happens like Frecks? That may be the answer??? I'd like to see you carry on - nothing wrong with a bun in the oven on your wedding day! image
  • Options
    Morning ladies x
    Well my Sunday wasnt as eventful as my saturday but was good all the same. Went over to see my friend for a catch up and to see her little one and we just talked baby talk, pregnancy, labour etc. I didnt have a clue that with an epidural its actually a tube that gets put in your spine! I thought it was just an injection! DERRRRRRRR how stooopid am I!!
    BOB I know you probably dont but did any of you other girls watch X Factor last night? I cant believe they didnt take Gamu through! Maybe they thought she was to young?
    I'll do the bump update tomorrow laura when im 17 weeks. Ive got my midwife appointment thursday too when i should get to hear the heartbeat. YAY

Still havent done the predictors yet. Will try and do today but i think ive convinced myself its a boy due to the dream I had and then when it was wriggling when i was watching the footie with dh (which i dont usually do. I usually go upstairs and have a Golden Girls marathon).

Im with you BOB on the not leaving this thread. For some reason i just cant bring myself to do it! Are we going to need to start a new season at some point now youve got your bfp? Or shall we wait to see what happens with the rest of the GGs first? Hmmm yes maybe wait until the end of this cycle for the other GGs.

Did you watch Wall Street BOB? Was it any good? I think DH and I will probably go to see that. I think its coming out over here on wednesday so maybe dh and i will go see it at the weekend.

Well have a good day ladies xx
  • Options
    Hi Jay, No we didn't go in the end as dh was tired, he started his new job Friday and was due to go back today (thank god - at least one of us has a job!) so I think it's taking it out of him a bit and he just wanted to relax. Usually when I'm off work I try and see the matin????e's for $5 a showing which is a bargain and I get to see all the new movies when they come out and the cinema is really empty which I love! :\)

Well no sign of any spotting at the moment - I am terrified though. I try not to think about it and keep repeating to myself in my head -every pg is different' but I just need to get to Wednesday and I think I will feel marginally better, then to 6w's - I'm not religious but I have been literally praying that this l/o hangs on in there for dear life. Send me some prayers girls! Even when I get up in the night I turn on the light now so I can toilet paper watch - how sad is that. I know I need to stay positive but it's sooooo hard after everything that has happened. I just can't imagine myself with a baby or a bump - that probably doesn't help but this just has to be the one, it has to be. I will try and stop panicking...... :roll:
  • Options
    Hey girlies.....

Good to hear from you Laura. Not easy when you are flat out at work. Why does this month have to be your last month?? When are you getting married? I bet you anything that you will fall this month. Murphy's Law...it's in the air :lol:

Jay....totally agree about the X factor. Is Cheryl still suffering from malaria or what????? Why did she keep that blonde haired diva who couldn't remember the words? Gamu was so cute and a fantastic singer. Thought a lot of the choices were weird. How are you feeling? I'm as rough as a dog's bum at the moment and the only way of easing it is by eating salty things. I wolfed my dinner down last night as if I hadn't eaten in a year. I have my 9 week scan next Monday. Oh didn't go to the 6 week scan but he isn't going to miss this one!!!! Hurry up and do the chinese predictor!!!

Bob...just breathe. You're pregnant (YEAH!). Try to not to stress. Just trust Mother Nature. I have a good feeling about this time. Rest rest and rest and enjoy just knowing that little bean is in there. You will torture yourself with all the worry otherwise. Go to the cinema, eat lots of popcorn and cry like a maniac at the adverts because your hormones are all over the place. ( eat some ice cream too...I need someone to catch up on me weight wise...I can't stop eating image )

I'm the same girls re the thread. The other girls in DIM are lovely but I feel like a complete stranger!!!! Please lets continue until we pop these babes out and everyone has BFPs.

Right non pregnant GGs......mission BFP! I am going to give Sheila a good ole rub this evening and I am sending good vibes to all of you. BC fingers crossed your twinges were a good sign!!!!

xxx image
  • Options
    Oh that's right Frecks you rubbed Sheila for me - that sounds rude! image Mind you didn't you have those dreams? :lol: Thank you for that, it worked!
  • Options
    Hi GGs!
    Freckle dont forget to give Sheila a good rub! image

We get married abroad in Oct next year, were going for 3 weeks and i'm trying to be sensible and give myself recovery time if i needed a section etc. Its been arranged for about a year and i guess we just assumed i'd be pg by now! I really wouldnt mind, in fact i'd love it if there was a little bun cooking when were away but just not too far along! Can you tell i think and worry too much?! So the plan is to stop trying for about 5-6 months :\( BOB no chance of me ever going back on the pill, not gonna mess with my body that way again. When i came off it i couldnt even remember what a proper af even felt like so i'd no idea what i was letting myself in for!

Hope everyones good and taking it easy!

• Options
    Rubbing Sheila tehe that does just sound naughty! And i forgot who Sheila was and then remembered after pondering on it for a while haha(get ready for the forgetfulness Frecks & BOB) xx
    I did the wedding ring over the abdomen and it sort of swung like a pendulum but also kept twisting a bit. I still think its a boy. We shall see end of this month though.
    OK so here is my week 17 photo

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/Jaime_Goscombe/17weeks.jpg

[Modified by: Jay78 and shrimp on October 05, 2010 01:32 PM]

• Options
    Afternoon girls!

I'm feeling a bit low today - can't quite put my finger on why, maybe it's because it's CD23 and I'm still only getting highs on cbfm ...grrrrr!! Usually I have bags of PMA, but it seems to be dwindling by the hour image I think I just need a good kick up the bum ...so ... *bends over in a not so ladylike fashion* take aim ladies!

Laura - it will be sooooo sods law that you catch next month (if not this!!!) .. it's deffo in the air, and now that Sheila has had a good rub courtesy of Frecks you should be in good shape!! I however think I need Sheila to take a good pummelling to help me LOL

Frecks - did you hear anything from your consultant yesterday? I hope the pain has eased off for you a little today hun ... can't wait to hear all about your scan next week!!!

BC - hope you ARE in the 2ww now ... it would be so lovely to have another BFP this month - we can all get bloated ankles and stretch marks together ... yay!

Well I'm getting horrid pains in my right hand side, and have done for the last 5 days...so I think my eggy is clinging on for dear life to my follicles and doesn't want to come to the party... either that or she's pissed and can't find the door key image

BOB - hope you are prepared to take that cyber slap too if we find out you aren't taking it easy...this little one is a keeper, so you sit around and keep positive - it's all going to be fine and dandy, I just know it.

J ... awwwww ... your bump is getting nice and round now!! I love it (in a non perverse sort of way of course) You must be super excited about your scan at the end of the month! Love that your bump was wriggling during footie - too cute!

I took mum to see Michael Buble on Sunday, she loved it ... and funnily enough has called me today - so prehaps my tlc has reminded her that she has 3 daughters and not just 2 !! Here's hoping. Of course I got the inevitable questions "well, any news" "are you trying yet" "when you living with oh" ...oh and the ultimate "you have to give me another grandchild before I die" (she's only 60 on Saturday for god sakes!) blah blah blah .... think I preferred it when she ignored me LOL!!

Well lovely ladies, hope you are all taking it nice and easy...!

xxx

• Options
    Ha ha Shirls funny you should say that about your Mum I think I prefer it that way too! Get this, when I was on the cruise with my mum, she knows I've had the 2 mc's I didn't tell her about the 3rd after the first 2 reactions, but she said -Oh I will put that baby stuff I bought you on ebay'!! How mean is that! I think she just doesn't think. Well I'm hoping when she gets here for Thanksgiving I'll be able to tell her some good news, I won't quite be out of the 1st trimester but I'll be close. Mums......

Oh and there where plenty of days when my pma went awol too shirls (still does) and in the end I gave into it and ate the chocolate, had the glass of wine (can't do that now!) and watched bad movies in bed then normally the next day I would feel fine - I think the hormones mess you up! Your PMA will be back with a vengeance tomorrow hun and if it's not we'll send out the search party! Just think with your ache in you side your eggy is about to burst free! Maybe this is the one and it's waiting for that prime opportunity!! image

Right so I am officially going to coach you all now. image Now BC is already in her 2ww. Shirls are you still bding every other day while waiting for you high? If not you should be - I know it's a long time for that - but it has to be done! :\)

Laura why are you waiting on af? Did you not bd at the right times this month - is there no chance you may have done it? When is she due?

OMFG Jay your (O)(O) are massive!!!!! image I don't have brackets big enough for them!!! And you are definitely filling out all around now - wow 12w and hopefully I'll look like that - hopefully I won't need a wheelbarrow for my (o)(o) though! :lol: Did you check the Chinese lunar calendar predictor? I read somewhere it is 93% accurate!!!

Frecks how did it go today? Did they give you any ideas on how to help your pain? How are you feeling? 2.5w until the wedding right! BTW did you get a ring in Dubai or are you getting that when you move there?

So Girls I have tickets to go to Austin City limits this weekend - it's a bit like the Virgin festival and I'm a little worried. I know I can't put my life on hold and I think all will be fine if I take it easy - you know not walk for miles and miles, but we will be riding our bikes about 1 miles to the concert - it should be OK right if I don't race and just take a leisurely ride or should I get the others to drop me off and I can meet them inside? :roll:
  • Options
    Sheila has been rubbed!!!!

Laura....you know what....sometimes the best plans never quite go as you expect. I would throw caution to the wind and just see what happens. I am a manic planner and initially I didn't really want to get pregnant before the wedding in November for trivial reasons such as not being able to have a drink/not fitting into already bought wedding dress etc but I wouldn't change it for the world now. Knowing I have a little baby growing in me has changed my perspective on everything. Going abroad is a bit tricky though for medical reasons if you were pregnant so maybe you are wise to be cautious and not try for a few months. Fingers crossed you fall this month!

Jay....your bump is looking good. I will have to start taking photos of my own bump soon. Suspect mine is more wobbly from too many crisps and tuc crackers. Someone really needs to keep me away from the kitchen! My memory has completely gone! I keep calling the kids in school random names and I can't remember how to spell basic words...not good for a teacher!!!

Shirls...I'm really sorry that you are feeling down hun. We have all been there and it's not fun. Hang in there with your CBFM. The pains you are getting are a good sign that OV is round the corner so make sure you are bding just in case!!!! I will ask Sheila again to give you an extra dose of fertile luck. It's nice to hear that your Mum has been in touch and that she liked the Michael Bubl?????? treat! Mums are sometimes a bit rubbish at saying what they mean. My Mum is notorious for saying stupid things when she is worried or upset. Just after I was diagnosed with Lupus and was very ill I was talking about having kids in the future and instead of saying that she was worried and having a hard time seeing me poorly she blurted out " you can't have kids, they'll be damaged". My Mum is the kindest person in the world and loves us so much but she goes too far sometimes!!!! Chin up lovely and lots of cyber hugs your way!

Bob...I did have those dreams!!!! image When was that?? How are you doing pet? I hope you're not knicker watching like a lunatic image

xxx
  • Options
    Gutted! Absolutely gutted!! I didnt really get on with the OPK's so just typed in my dates to FF who calculated based on a 28 day and 30 day cycle that last week was my fertile wk. OH and I really went for it, and i sat back to enter the 2ww, so imagine my horror when last night after BD, I bled! yesterday was only day 23, is this AF so soon??? all my efforts last wk were for nothing! must say no bleeding today tho, am I clutching at straws hoping its implantation???? This happend before 2mths ago when AF turned up on day 24 and I unusually bled for nearly 2wks! so so so gutted, I could cry.:cry:
  • Options
    Frecks we must have posted at the same time!

BC - It sounds to me like an IB hun - why would it just start and then stop? don't want to get into tmi but was the bding a little rough??? Maybe that's why? If not then maybe it is an IB???

Last month my cycle was 23 days too - it sucked! And the annoying thing was it made no sense at all as my LP was then only 8 days and it had never been that short - our bodies are a complete mystery sometimes but I wouldn't rule out an IB especially as it only lasted a few hours! I hope that's what it is hun. When will you test if af doesn't show in full force?
  • Options
    MrsR - if you see this I need to ask you when you started to get nausea? I ask as today I am feeling really sick, I'm only 4+3! I hope I don't end up projectile vomiting, like you, in the doctors office!!! image
  • Options
    Hey GG's! I'm still off work with this bloody chest infection! I can barely breathe with Randal pushing all of my internal organs into my rib cage plus the endless coughing and wheezing! Nice!
    BOB I was as sick as a dog practically from the beginning! I got my BFP on Friday 16th April at 4+1 and the puking marathon started the next Friday when I was 5+1! From then on I was ill pretty much everywhere - at work (til I was signed off!), all over myself in the car, in the shower, in the GP surgery, at the hospital, in the park whilst walking the dog (into a poop bag though, not just on the pavement!)....
    I really have my fingers crossed I had enough morning sickness for all of the GG's so that the rest of you have an easier time of it!
    I think my boss is a bit peed off that I'm off work this week with my chest infection, especially as I go off on ML on 5th Nov, but if I was one of my patients I wouldn't want to be treated by me at the moment! Especially as my patient group is largely made up of elderly people and neonates! I'd be really hacked off if I took Randal to an appt only to have the person seeing him/her cough all over!!
    Anyhoo, rant over! I'm going to pop a couple of logs on the fire and settle down with my furry baby for some crappy daytime TV!!
  • Options
    I got a peak... I got a peak... I got a peak!!!!! I am crying like an idiot lol!! Will reply in more depth when I get to work but I just had to share with u guys as no one else would get it!!

Perfect timing, staying with oh tonight and tomorrow... And friday... Woohoo!!!
  • Options
    Woohoo, Shirls you'd better get your OH some energy drinks to keep his stamina up! xx
  • Options
    Whoop whoop thats fantastic news Shirls xx Its funny isnt it how just having a peak or seeing a smiley face on an opk can make you feel soooo happy! haha Get BDing girl and make sure you have some for me!!
    DH and I had a go last night but didnt manage to do it cos he kept going flopsy bunny! PAH its so annoying, especially when you havent had it for so long! I know its not his fault really but i just cant help getting upset and annoyed. I DO HAVE NEEDS YOU KNOW!!!image I told him to not think i was pregnant but he said that it felt different. Oh its just so frustrating girls. I wouldnt mind if we did other stuff in between but i dont even get that! Maybe i'll have a word with him tonight about it. He will probably get all funny about it as i think he gets a bit embarrassed but it needs to be talked about i think.

So BOB if youre feeling sick thats a good sign for you hun xx And probably a bit more reassuring for you that this is going to be a sticky one! x Today is your first milestone isnt it? woohoo x
    Definately think i need a wheelbarrow for my ( O ) ( O ) !!! hahahahaha Really need to get me some proper maternity bras this weekend so ive got better support. I sometimes get them in my dinner if im leaning over the table to get something! haha

Frecks - how are you feeling hun? Has the pain subsided yet? Ah memory loss it is a pain but not if you use it to your advantage!! "Oh did i say i was going to do the washing up? I dont remember saying that". Et voila DH ends up doing it for you! hehe I really wouldnt worry about the eating thing. I seem to be eating more junk food and really gone off vegetables! Have you been taking your folic acid? Ive been taking pregnacare vits as they have everything you need in them.

BC - sounds to me like poss IB hun xx If it was AF then you would still be bleeding wouldnt you? Or like BOB says might have just been a bit rough on the bding front last night?

MrsR - you poor thing having a chest infection. That cant be nice at all xx Cosy up hun and enjoy the crappy daytime TV. You been watching Jeremy Kyle? hehe

Well have a lovely day ladies xx