Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Coming off the pill mid-pack!

Replies

• Options

Im curious to know if im pregnant. I had my last period September 9-12th. I stopped my birth control Septmeber 23rd. I had withdrawl bleeding September 25th & 26th. I had sex 12 days after stopping the pill which was October 5th. He ejaculated in me. October  23rd-25th I had light bleeding. It would be bright red somethimes and then light pibkish/reddish sometimes. It came to a complete  stop after three days though. Ive had no cramps or anything. Am i pregnant? or is this just hormonal changes from coming off the pill. I dont wanna test too early. So when shoulf i test? Do you think im pregnant?

• Options

Hi Ladies,

I' new to this site! I'm in the same boat at the min. I stopped my pill mid way through the pack on the 15th October (even though I knew I shouldn't but i'm way too impatient!) and had my withdrawal bleed on the 18th. I have been using opk's as I believe you might not ovulate straight away? All negative up to now from what i have done. This is the first time I have been off the pill since I was 16 (i am now 25) so I can't remember what It feels like to have a normal cycle. I Just hope it doesnt take to long for my cycles to regulate again! I have also been tracking my CM and that seems to just be random day to day! Yesterday was watery, today is like EWCM but no positive opk. I'm so confused! lol. I know everybody is different but has anybody conceived straight after coming off the pill? Feel like I need a bit of hope and DH hasn't got a clue when it comes to period/ovulation talk so it's no good wittering away to him haha!

TIA

• Options

How long did you bleed for? Was it like your period? 

• Options

I've been looking through this site and have found it very helpful. However I need advice for my own personal situation. I am only 18.(I realize is young, however I have to have my uterus removed and be done having kids when I'm only 20.) my boyfriend (21) and I have been together for 2 1/2 years and looking to conceive while I still can. I started my pack and only went Sunday through Wednesday before deciding to stop it. I've had a small amount of "bleeding" but it's been a very watery consistency and a very dark brown color. Is that normal? Also how long should I expect it to take to get pregnant? I've heard alot of different things about coming off of the pill but I'm not sure what would apply to me. I've been on this pill for about 2-3 years. We've had sex twice since me stopping my pill, but after reading all of this I'm not so sure it would have done anything. Please help, ASAP. Thanks so much!

• Options

Can someone please help me understand. I was on BCP for 4 months to regularize hormones. I stopped the last pack on May 2nd and I got my period on May 3rd for 5 days. On May 14th there was light spotting and ovuation test was positive on May 21st. we had unprotected sex from May 10th to May 22nd every alternate days. We are trying for baby. I have not got my period yet and pregnency test came out -ve on May 3rd. I do not have any pregnancy symptoms. Am I the only one facing this problem.

• Options

Hi Sweetu Its very normal for you to have longer cycles coming off the pill . Though a good number of couples can conceive on the first month after the pill its said it take upto 3 months for 80% of couples to conceive .. This can vary largely. It honestly depends from body to body while some women experience their cycles to go back to what they were before the pill immediately for some it takes longer. Personally it has taken me about 8 months to get them to be normal again. keep trying ! Good Luck to you

• Options

Hi,  I took off my pill on the first 6th day of the pack ( I took only 4 months), May 13.2015 . I am TTC. I was bleeding for 5 days after came off the pill for 4 days, May 17.2015. A week later, I had sore boob, swollen, lower back ache, and light headache for a week to 10 days and it had gone. I was so happy and I did home pg test  on June 14.2015 and dr. office test on June 16.2015 and it came out all negative. On June 18 around 2pm, I went to washroom i was surprise to see EWCM. Then I tried to to sleep with my husband that night before  mid-night. From June 26.2015, I starts to have a slightly sore boob and my boob/ nipple are swollen, but the swollen will go away if I touch it. Besides the swollen boobs, I don't have other symptoms as before. Please help me, I am really curious and TTC so babdly.  

• Options

Hi,  I took off my pill on the first 6th day of the pack ( I took only 4 months), May 13.2015 . I am TTC. I was bleeding for 5 days after came off the pill for 4 days, May 17.2015. I remember that I had slippery/sticky mucus on May 30, 31 and June 01, a week later, I had sore boob, swollen, lower back ache, and light headache for a week to 10 days and it had gone. I was so happy and I did home pg test on June 14.2015 and dr. office test on June 16.2015 and it came out all negative. On June 18 around 2pm, I went to washroom i was surprise to see EWCM. Then I tried to sleep with my husband that night before  mid-night. From June 26.2015, I starts to have a slightly sore boob and my boob/ nipple are swollen, but the swollen will go away if I touch it. Besides the swollen boobs, I don't have other symptoms as before. Please help me, I am really curious and TTC so badly.  

• Options

Hi,  I took off my pill on the first 6th day of the pack ( I took only 4 months), May 13.2015 . I am TTC. I was bleeding for 5 days after came off the pill for 4 days, May 17.2015. I remember that I had slippery/sticky mucus on May 30, 31 and June 01, a week later, I had sore boob, swollen, lower back ache, and light headache for a week to 10 days and it had gone. I was so happy and I did home pg test on June 14.2015 and dr. office test on June 16.2015 and it came out all negative. On June 18 around 2pm, I went to washroom i was surprise to see EWCM. Then I tried unprotected sex with my husband that night before  mid-night. From June 26.2015, I starts to have a slightly sore boob and my boob/ nipple are swollen, but the swollen will go away if I touch it. Besides the swollen boobs, I don't have other symptoms as before. Please help me, I am really curious and TTC so badly.  

• Options

Hi,  I took off my pill on the first 6th day of the pack ( I took only 4 months), May 13.2015 . I am TTC. I was bleeding for 5 days after came off the pill for 4 days, May 17.2015. I remember that I had slippery/sticky mucus on May 30, 31 and June 01, a week later, I had sore boob, swollen, lower back ache, and light headache for a week to 10 days and it had gone. I was so happy and I did home pg test on June 14.2015 and dr. office test on June 16.2015 and it came out all negative.

On June 18 around 2pm, I went to washroom i was surprise to see EWCM. Then I tried unprotected sex with my husband that night before  mid-night.

From June 26.2015, I starts to have a slightly sore boob and my boob/ nipple are swollen, but the swollen will go away if I touch it. Besides the swollen boobs, I don't have other symptoms as before. Please help me, I am really curious and TTC so badly.  

• Options

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I only took 3 pills from my pack of pills (Dianette) but then went on holiday and forgot to take them with me! About four days after, I had a withdrawl bleed. Its been 29 days since my first day of my actual period. I would like to know 

1) Do you count the 28 days from the first day of the actual period, or do you count the 28 days from the first day of the withdrawl bleed (Which was as heavy as a normal period for me)

2) I had unprotected sex (no condom etc) on one of the 3 days that I took the pills, as i thought i would be continuing for the whole pack. If you have sex whilst on the pill but stop a few days after, could you still get pregnant? 

Someone please help !! image

• Options

Hi there! Ah my body is just crazy at the moment coming off my pill mid cycle! I totally messed up my packet and forgot two day of taking a pill then had bleed for 7 days, finishing 31/07 and have now started bleeding today 25/08 which im guessing is my 'proper' bleed. approx 24 days. 16 days in 16/08 I had the WORST craming in my stomach, I actually thought im going to have to call someone, real agony down my right side (felt like my ovary was going to explode) im thinking this was maybe ovulation and bloody sore as I haven't released eggs in a while! I have a 2 year old and went straight back on the pill after. She was conceived due to a missed pill....oops! I started the pill when I was 16, im now 28. I don't know the feeling of ovulating but think this was it! my skin also went mega oily (mornings look like vaselines been applied to my nose) ive been emotional, horribly bloated, sore nipples, all settled down a bit now I'm bleeding.....but wow!! horemones are craaaaazy!! I'm thinking I may not start to take the pill again as my partner and I would like another at some point so may just stick to condoms until we agree when would be best. wouldn't mind a surprise baby either! I'm not sure I can cope with all the ups and downs of going on and off the pill again! good luck to all TTC! x

• Options

I actually think that sounds like a little miscarriage! All the symptoms of pregnancy and the pain! Ovulation shouldn't really hurt that much I'm sure! Well mine doesn't anyway! Have things settled down now? X

• Options

Hi, 

thanks for your reply. I'm not entirely sure what's happening to be honest. This month the same again but the pain was neither the left or right side but bang in the middle, like terrible period pain, only lasted a short time in the evening (This happened on Friday 18th September) if going by last times dates my period should be due around now (not thinking too much into that as ive only just come off the pill a couple months ago and I know my body is trying to adjust to that) anyway it's not come but I have really sore nipples (worse than last time) have been crazy tired (my daughters also teething and has a cold with broken sleep, could just be that) felt sick and dizzy the other day (have a bit of the sniffles from my daughter, possibly just that?) im very confused, sorry this is too much information but on Saturday 19th (day after the pains) I had an episode of ALOT of discharge when I went to the loo and this only happened on this day. I took a pregnancy test yesterday (21st september) but it was negative. no period, slight twinges in stomach and still have sensitive nipples. I last had sex Monday evening 14th September, possibly ovulated the friday (these pains happened exactly the same time as my last cycle, 22-23 days in) i know sperm can live for 5-7 days in there so I'm just a little confused......!! Will see if my period arrives by the ned of the week, if not I will try another test. X

• Options

I've just read that  it can take 6-12 days for implantation to take place and to wait at very least 9 days after ovulation to let ur body build up enough HCG to detect a positive. If I am pregnant, who knows, maybe I just have crazy ovulation/bit messed up after coming off pill. But me doing a test yesterday was too early and wouldn't have detected anything anyway. All very confusing, if only it were more simple. big sigh....x

• Options

Hi Ladies.

I come off the depo injection early this year around Feb time, (which i was on for 3 years) as i had heard some horror stories. However, even when i was on the injection i still had a period every 3rd month before my depo was due again. Also just to add, i had to have the depo every 10 weeks instead of 12 as my metabolism was fast.

Any way, i come off this and tried the pill. Because i have Ulcerative Colitis / Gastritis i had to find what one was right for me. I also had my cervix lasered in the same month as they found the highest grade of pre-cancerous cells. The first pills they tried me on was Microgynon which may have caused me to have a flare up, i come off of this after that. When i did i had a plug like mucus in a ball shape which was completely clear appear.... however i got told that i might be ovulating properly again from the injection? and had my period...phew!

Last month they tried me on a different pill which didn't agree with me at all, turned me into a psycho, we thought it might have been because i was due on, so i went on the same pill for another 2 days and i started to get stressed again, so decided to completely come off everything until the new year. Within just those two days of taking the bc, me and my partner had sex, unprotected... a few days later i had slight spotting. It wasn't bright red, more of a brownish color that then turned red... wasnt alot, 2/3 mornings i had this, literally wiping and tiny amount throughout the day.

i am emotional and crying over anything at the moment (especially as my hair color went wrong lol), iv had slight cramping and now feeling sicky... no tenderness on boobs or back pain or any of the other symptoms to be honest. 

Just wondering if anyone has had the same thing coming off the pill, if they are symptoms of coming off birth control as my body doesnt know how to react? or am i being OTT?

thank you x

• Options

When I came off the pill I was a wreck, an emotional wreck! My body and my mind felt completely different and it was horrible. I had pregnancy symptoma without the baby from sore boobs, lumpy nipples, bloating, sickness, mood swings, pains in stomach, diarrhoea! I cried, I felt depressed. Just terrible. I ended up going back on the pill! Until we are 100% sure we want baby number 2 (maybe next year) and can try straight away I think my partner will appreciate my normality on the pill haha ! Are you trying for a baby? 

Hope you feel better soon! Horemones! They send you loopy! X

• Options

Hey ladies, I'm extremely curious. I'm 21 years old and I have been on the pill for about 4 months- of course taking one or two late here and there. Well, about a week ago my period had just finished up and on the next day I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside me for the first time. He did it again the next day. I didnt take my pill that day and I missed the next day as well and decided to start a new pack after my next period. A few days after that it was the day before my expected ovulation week and he finished inside me again. after a day I started spitting brown but this morning my bleeding is heavy like a normal period but my period only ended a week ago. is this withdrawal bleeding? am I still ovulating as scheduled this week? Could I be pregnant? 

• Options

It could be any to be honest? It will just be a waiting game till it all sorts itself out but because you have missed pills so much in between your body will be all over the place. Let me know how you get on! It's so frustrating not knowing what's happening! Horemones of all kinds, pregnant or not are so similar so it's hard to tell what's what!! Xxxx

• Options

Hello, I am new to all of this and would like some advice. 

I have only been on the pill for 3/4 months. I've recently had my 7 day break and started a new pack but only took 2 and even missed a few days between them two as I forgot to take it. It's now been a week since I had the last pill and today I've started to bleed but only a little bit and it's very pink. Will this effect my chances this month? Should I class this as a period? Thanks for all you're help image