Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2ww and symptom spotters....

Replies

• Options
    Hello! Joining this thread...this is my first comment on here! Just starting my ttc journey and feeling a little lost! I am 8dpo and have had a number of potential symptoms, although having trawled the Internet over the past week all of the symptoms I have felt could be pms!

I was on the pill (dianette for bad skin as well as contraception) for a long time so not entirely sure how my body reacts when af approaches. Last month (my first month off the pill) it took 45 days for my period to start, which is not uncommon with this particular pill. Terrified something was wrong I decided to start charting this month and used ovulation tests to help me work out when and if I was ovulating.

I ovulated on cd18. My husband and I dtd on that day and the following day. On 3dpo-5dpo I experienced constipation, swollen painful tummy, wind, tender nipples and creamy cm. Then from 6 dpo to now I have had swollen tummy, cramping, exhausted (slept for 2 hrs yesterday afternoon), breasts feel totally normal, vivid dreams and small to medium amounts of creamy cm. Today, I have had bad cramps and have had looser stools and more frequent than normal. Going on the approx number of days between ovulation and af being 14 days, I expect af's arrival on March 30th...my first wedding anniversary!

Sorry if some of it is tmi and for writing so much...just confused and would love to be pregnant!! Is anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?

Thank you and good luck to you all xx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs P - you sound exactly the same as me right now! It's driving me crazy! I've had the FAINTEST positive result on and off for about 4-5 days now and sometimes it has even disappeared. I've had all the same symptoms and no sore breasts. I even had a slight pink bleed and dark brown spotting in my underwear on Thursday last week. Had no period at all for years so its even harder for me to tell anything! I did ovulate the 14th of this month and had sex that evening so god knows... Just feel so lost recently and becoming totally obsessed with testing.

Tempted to book a docs appointment towards the end of this week just to put my mind at rest and either celebrate or pray for my period to start...

Glad to know u feel similar to me image hope I have made u feel a little better in your situation too image
  • Options
    Well that's so strange! I've just started my first period in 7years!! Yippee image now I can start counting and tracking properly!!
  • Options
    It's so nice to hear other ladies who feel the same as I do! I'm 9 dpo & driving myself mad looking for symptoms. Nothing to speak of at the moment, so I think I'll be on my 3rd round of Clomid next cycle. We've been ttc for nearly 6 years, so pretty desperate for a little one. Had an ectopic 2 years ago & lost a tube, & also have severe endometriosis, so hoping Clomid does the trick for me!
  • Options
    i hate the confusion between pms and possible pregnancy signs! i have similar pms to what was described by you, mrs.p and clairy, so i have a lot of trouble this time of the month.  if i'm not lucky, then it will be round 3 for the clomid too. but welcome all!
  • Options
    I think you're right Clairey, charting does help demystify some of this crazy stuff. Glad we managed to kick start you period!!! I'm guessing that's a good sign as it must mean you have ovulated recently...yippee!

I am going to try not to analyse every little symptom I get today...going to keep busy and see what happens. It is really tough (and a bit cruel) that pms symptoms mirror early pregnancy ones...two weeks suddenly seem much, much longer than normal!

Little Pink and QnBee think we must all be around the same stage? Let me know how you get on...good luck.
  • Options

thank you mrs.p.  i thought i was out this time as my temp has been fluctuating - 1st thing, after a poor sleep was way down - 2nd&3rd times after having fallen asleep again it was back on par with yesterday's.  so i'm all over the place and dreading tomorrow morning!  i'm not testing until thursday and only if temp stays up!

wow, i am not dealing very well ladies!  i hope you all are doing better!

• Options
    Aww stay strong QnBee! Things will be ok in the end... Good luck for Thursday! Let us know. Thanks mrs p for - really really pleased although today there has been hardly any blood at all it's like it disappeared as soon as it appeared so I'm even more confused again!! Anyway... At least something's happening I suppose. But yes totally agree confusing between pms and pregnancy as I've been testing all week and keep getting the faintest line imaginable but it hasn't changed or got any darker so who knows... My ovulation also says that every day I'm ovulating?!! Even more confusing!! Good luck ladies lovely to share this with ppl who understand x
  • Options
    Hi ladies can I please join? I think I'm going insane! We're on our second cycle I'd ttc and first month using a cbfm. I had my peaks last wed and thurs which as very late in the month. I had a 30 day cycle last month so thought af would be due on Thursday but as I ovulated so late I'm guessing not! I'm only 7dpo a the most but I'm driving myself silly with symptom spotting. I'm also trying to remember how I felt in the early days with my previous two pregnancies xx
  • Options

Hello Ladies, 10dpo today and no symptoms. Have been browsing the pregnancy tests in Tesco today, but I get so scared about buying one because the disappointment of a negative result is getting harder and harder. 

MrsP - I think you, me and QnBee are all around the same stage - be strong ladies, I know it's the hardest thing.

QnBee - I don't deal with it very well either, I can't concentrate at work this week and it makes the time go so slowly. Keep us posted on how you're getting on xxx

• Options
    Hi ladies. I ave been ttc for a while now. Every month i have sore boobs right up until af starts which is normal for me, this is at least a week before af but this month i have nothing. Breast are fuller but not sore. Have any of you ladies xperinced this before. Af is due on the 29th of ths month.
  • Options

thank you for the thoughts....it helps immensly to have somewhere to say this stuff.

welcome all, and best of luck!

• Options
    Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a tough day today QnBee...it is so hard not to let it get to you. I did better today as I kept really busy. Went to see my friend and spent the whole day doing nice things with her. It really helped to not have Internet access (to check my latest symptoms/lack of symptoms on medical websites) and to not have time to start thinking and worrying about it too much (although, if I'm honest, it was in the back of my head all day!).

I have had a swollen tummy, wind (sorry, TMI!), quite a lot of creamy cm and period type pain...no other symptoms at all. Think I will do a test on Saturday, if af hasn't shown up by then. It is my wedding anniversary, so not sure it's the best day, but that'll be 13 dpo and if it is good news, it'll be a double celebration and if it's bfn then at least it'll be a fun day to take my mind off it.

This is so tough...never dreamt all of this waiting to find out would happen! Why can't our bodies give us some sort of hopeful sign?!

Stay positive QnBee...hope tomorrow is a better day for you and I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Really hope you get your bfp.

Clairey - sounds like your body is determined to completely confuse you! But it sounds like positive things are happening...keep us posted on the latest developments!

Little Pink...hope you're doing okay. When are you planning to test?

Onemorepls...sounds like you are definitely in the right place! If you remember any of your early symptoms from your first two let us know!

Good luck to all...we will get there xx
  • Options
    Good luck ladies, hoping for some positives there. I had period type pain all through last few days, but my little lentil is hanging on in there( got to be too small for a bean yetimage lines are instant on tests now. I have to admit- that the huge bag of Alice online cheapies is being used still to see if line remains strong, and if its appearing faster lol. I have quite a collection now!

Struggling most with feeling travel sick, and definitely had a fair few of the symptoms some of you ladies are listing.. So fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    Thank you, Mrsjj. Glad to hear about your good news...congratulations! How many weeks are you? Hang in the little lentil! x
  • Options
    Oops...sorry, I mean hang in there little lentil!
  • Options
    Getting really bad period pains. So worried my period is going to start...feeling really down. How's everyone else doing?
  • Options
    I think I'm between 4 and 5 weeks. Based on last period. Hope it's not your Af. Baby dust to you all
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same Mrs. P dont think there'll be a need for me to test next week xx
  • Options

i'm not sure how i'm feeling.  hubby pointed out that i haven't been complaining about being sore this time around....as i've got older, pms has got progressively worse.

hang in there all, as i'm struggling to do!