Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation Test Strips - Part 8

Replies

• Options

Thank you butterfly :) xx thank you mma :)xx mma just a thought were you not more regular with your opks befor starting tamoxifen ?ive read that tamoxifen can also cause polyps if you keep having light flow bleeds at af and early opks results maybe it be best to try bk to how you were befor or it could be your body adjusting to the new medication.are you seeing your consultant again soon as he should give you some advice so your not worrying xx

• Options

Will let you know the doctor days later.... just want my mind put to rest 

• Options

I did wonder if Tamoxifen can mess with things a bit! Just unusual for me to have such a dark 2nd line at cd5 I wouldn't even normally test until at least cd7/8 I just had an urge to check haha just as well. I've just taken my last Tamoxifen tablets today cd2-5 so all done until next appt which is Jan 12th. Got to have a month clear now to let my body rest. Be interesting to see what my own cycle will be like in December without the tablets and maybe the opks will fade away to nothing which is what I'm used too.

I've had a heavy first cycle on them light last cycle and this one is 3 days medium flow just stopped dead this morning that's not unusual for me I've never had a heavy AF unless after childbirth even then it's manageable:)

Ill just crack on and try not to worry and hopefully won't get a proper positve until at least the weekend I think anything from cd8/9+ is ok but 5/6 is way too early for success 

• Options

Good luck hun hope she can give you some insight as to what's happening!

• Options

Thanks for asking after me mma. I am not great at minute. Keep getting red bleeding most days. i now keep getting twinges on one side. I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning so am hoping I will be referred for a scan. Hope your early positive opk doesn't cause you a problem xx

• Options

Louise, do you not have an EPU that you can call and be seen sooner? 

• Options

Oh no Ivhope it's nothing Louise and just your little bean getting comfy in there:) Fingers crossed for you XXX🍀

• Options

Thinking of you louise hope everything is ok xx mma good luck for next cycle I said we would have our bfp by xmas so lets see if it happens yikessss :) I'm not supposed to have sex for two weeks but I did after a week last time lol so matbe a xmas bean or new yr for me :)xx buterfly good luck xx

• Options

Fingers X Tracy!! I just did another different brand opk and it's lighter as I would expect so maybe the near positive one was wrong or had a lot of dye in it?! Who knows just hoping for a normal positive opk around Monday! ( I haven't held wee though and had a large cappacino)!!

• Options

Better and more inline with cd5 I'm hoping this is the correct one!! The other was One Step off of Amazon this is Clear & Simple from a shop called Savers I think they are 20miu which most ovulation tests are 20-25 maybe why lines are slightly different wondering if One Step are more sensitive!

what will be if it is ovulation I can't stop it and no hope of a bfp if it's not then we are starting every other day 2nite and here we go again 😬

• Options

Ohhh good luck mma I think you will be ok and have your bfp befor long :)) I will be starting opks again havnt done them in about three four months so god help me lol heres to us all having some luck we so need it :))

• Options

I think that will be the correct one mma I need to find these clear and simple ones ive looked everywere but not come across them yet but good luck mma u get more nookie until your positive haha :))

• Options

Absolutely 😉

• Options

I need to stop googling.... keep convincing myself I have some terrible disease !!!! 🙊 Or ectopic, as the brown is the same as my MC bleeding i had.... haven't had a postive Hpt though so it can't be that! Google is a blessing and a curse! 

Appointment at 3.30.... really hope I have my mind put to rest! 

• Options

Thanks ladies. I googled Derby's epu but it said referral by midwife, A&E and doctors so presumed you couldn't self refer. Hopefully doctor will be helpful tomorrow.

Hope your doctor has been able to shed some light for you butterfly.

Glad your opk seems more normal now MMA. It just shows how different brands differ. 

Glad your op went ok mrs simm. 

• Options

Well she just told me to take a pregnancy test and if was negative said it's probably just a hormonal blip! I asked for tests but she said to take it one step at a time so I guess will give it one more cycle....

did a FRES and got this, but it's not a postive.... will do the other one with FMU and then see.... maybe it is just hormones sorting themselves out 

• Options

I think you probably already knew it was your hormones!! She obviously feels you don't need referring just yet?!

Relax until Xmas enjoy crimbo and the new year drink, eat and be very merry!! try to forget about the ttc part of it all and you never know what's just around the corner:)

I conceived last Xmas as I was so preoccupied with everything else got a bfp Boxing Day so was dated from Dec 5th, busy bee and then boom bfp:) hope you are ok xxx

• Options

Yeah definitely just so frustrating! Ah well.... will just try and forget about TTC and see what it brings 

if by Xmas it's still weird then I am demanding proper tests 

• Options

Definitely you are entitled:) xxx 

• Options

Could anyone tell me is this a positive ovulation test please :) image