Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Company for 2 Week Wait!

Replies

• Options
    @maddoda at 10dpo the chances are it aint  going to be squint eyes as u call it. It will be faint  but not that friging faint. Stop putting a downer on our chat and being so negative! 
  • Options
    I'm not negative I'm realistic. Im pregnant for the 4th time (2mcs). I never said she will not get a bfp, I just suggested to think what she prefers. For me faint lines are stressful.  Everyone is different.
  • Options
    @MadDoda yeah. That's what I thought too. I hate looking into and trying to find a second line. I want to have a faint but noticeable line. What dpo do you think would be good? I watched videos and most people didn't have vivid line even on the day of their missed period. This is my first time that's why it's all very confusing
  • Options
    I had massively obvious positives at 9dpo with my 3 pregnancies. This is my 4th too. I haven't had to squint to see a line.. X
  • Options
     @Psalm88 It's hard to say, I waited 14days from my ovulation. Which I miscalculated due to fever. And got a bfn. So I ended up with reasonable faint line few days later, which was after rethinking my bbt about 14dpo (4days after bfn). It's hard to say everyone is different it depends when u ovulate and when u implant and it may be even at 12dpo in that case first squint would be at 14dpo , reasonable faint at 16dpo. Ofc u may implant at 7dpo and squint at 9dpo. I would say 12dpo is reasonable, bit is all up to how u feel.
  • Options
    @Momma87 @MadDoda yeah since everyone is different so every test is going to be different for each and everyone of us. It depends on our hormone level from the beginning, if it's relatively high then the test would pick up early. 

I really appreciate both of your advice. Sinxe it's my first, it's really nice to hear from someone that has more experience than I do. 

Me and my husband already did discuss that it's best for me to wait just a couple more days since he knew how stressed I'll be learning from our previous month. 
  • Options
    Yeah that makes sense wait until u and hubby ready or feel ready to take the test and do it your way. Me personally couldn't hold the suspense lol. I'm terrible for it tho. But my ovulation and periods are so regular and are exactly the same every month. Even after I delivered my boys was straight bk to my normal cycle and ovulating bang on again xx
  • Options
    Sorry to read @Latte96
    baby dust for next month xxxx
  • Options
    Wow this thread has exploded this morning!
    I've still not tested - I did just get what I think was slightly pink CM on wiping but I was preoccupied and didn't pay enough attention so need to wait and see. If I am where I think I am in my cycle it may well be implantation bleeding - Im pretty sure it isn't the start of AF because I get particularly bad cramping before AF and I haven't had anything like that.
    @Megan0904 congratulations on your two lines! Im crossing everything for you that it gets stronger and stronger. Re: pee on a stick sensitivity - first response is the most sensitive as only needs 6miu to detect pregnancy - I believe Superdrug brand is also 6miu. Internet cheapies detect 10miu and clear blue are 25miu+ - I believe the digital ones require higher than 25miu too. So basically you are more likely to get an early positive if its doesn't need that high a level to detect it. 
    @Latte96 - Im so sorry - hope you are OK. If AF is early keep an eye on length and flow - if it ends up being shorter and lighter than usual its always worth testing after the bleeding stops uncase it might be implantation bleeding? Not trying to get your hopes up but definitely worth checking before having a glass of wine post period!
    @Psalm88 I totally get what you mean about not wanting to look at a negative test - that's why I am waiting for a few more days too. Sunday feels like a good time for me - also if I have got implantation bleeding a test wouldn't show positive for me for a couple more days and like @MadDoda said - I'd definitely prefer to be getting a 'blazing positive'! Ultimately we all just need to test when we feel ready the face the result - which ever way it goes for us.
  • Options
    Awwww you girls are so supportive, I could hug you all! Thanks a lot for kind words!

@Kelki you are right. At this stage I had blood, but it was creamy and more brown than red accompanied with cramps. Nothing after that one time... but I’m sure I had implantation at 6dpo (little cramping + pink light discharge for a day), so kinda think this is period. Maybe just old blood coming out first (sorry tmi). If I don’t get proper period till Sunday, will test again. But for now I count myself out x
  • Options
    @Latte96 Baby dust for next month and I hope you manage to keep your calm and level headed approach xxx

• Options
    Mumma87 said:
    Yeah that makes sense wait until u and hubby ready or feel ready to take the test and do it your way. Me personally couldn't hold the suspense lol. I'm terrible for it tho. But my ovulation and periods are so regular and are exactly the same every month. Even after I delivered my boys was straight bk to my normal cycle and ovulating bang on again xx
    That's wonderful. I wish mine was like that too. But my period is unpredictable and all over the place. Plus this is my first time doing an OPK so I'm not sure when I did ovulate on my previous AFs
  • Options
    @Kelki everyone going through this must know how it feels to see a negative test. And the impact on our mental health. Especially me since I get anxious about everything. I rather test later and get a positive test rather than early and get disappointed. It's hard to resist though. But if AF doesn't come this month, it would definitely more reassuring and I can be relax while waiting to do another test in a day or two. 

Because this happen to me on May, I decided to test on CD33 I think. I got BFN. Two days later I got my AF, I still remember how sad, disappointing and I can't help but keep blaming myself.
  • Options
    @Psalm88 totally understand that lovely. Previously I have waited until CD 36 because mine vary so much I’d rather just wait and if AF comes I’ll be disappointed but not as much if I had have already got my hopes up. My worst was with the chemical pregnancy because I’d had the faint positives that then disappeared and I think I’d rather have never seen them. I understand about the anxiety too - I’ve always been really anxious and this month I’m extra anxious since it’s my first time trying since my miscarriage. I’m anxious to get a BFN and I’m equally anxious to get a BFP in case something goes wrong! 
    Don’t blame yourself though- none of us are to blame and so much is unknown when it comes to making babies! Some people don’t get a BFP until really late, some people get pregnant against all odds and so many people get pregnant when they least expect it. We’ll get there one way or another in the end xxx 
  • Options
    @Kelki so your cycle days has been inconsistent too?? With us having irregular cycle its really hard isn't it to track our next af, making it more difficult to know when to test. 

I know what that must feel like. Mc, chemical pregnancy. Nothing can really make us to be mentally prepared going through this journey. Glad I've found friends who's going through the same thing
  • Options
    @Psalm88 Yep my cycles are a mess! Impossible to track anything accurately. I’ve seen doctors and apparently I don’t always ovulate so that’s why OPK’s have been a nightmare for me. Judging by the chemical and the miscarriage it seems I can get pregnant if I happen to get the timing right it’s just staying pregnant that my body doesn’t seem to be able to manage yet. 
    It is so nice to be able to talk to people who genuinely understand - I literally have no close friends who have had a loss and all our friends and family already have children and so can’t really understand right now.
    it is the hardest journey but at least we can all talk to each other on here xxx
  • Options
    MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Sep 19, 2019 4:30PM
    For every irregularity and problem, there is always one method which always works. Bbt. No matter how long and irregular ur cycle is if u know ur luteal phase length (which is always the same it's follicular phase that vary) u can predict period and when to test. It also checks if u ovulated or not, unlike opk.
    @kelki @Psalm88
  • Options
    I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm not sure about whether I ovulate every month or not. On May, I had my first ultrasound and the doctor told me that she saw both of my ovary has a mature follicle but she predict one of them is more mature. Then my second ultrasound was on August and the doctor also said that he thinks he saw a maturing follicle too. This is actually my first time doing opk. Idk whether seeing maturing follicles on ultrasound can be classified as ovulating lol
  • Options
    Psalm88 said:
    I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm not sure about whether I ovulate every month or not. On May, I had my first ultrasound and the doctor told me that she saw both of my ovary has a mature follicle but she predict one of them is more mature. Then my second ultrasound was on August and the doctor also said that he thinks he saw a maturing follicle too. This is actually my first time doing opk. Idk whether seeing maturing follicles on ultrasound can be classified as ovulating lol
    @Kelki
  • Options
    Omg ladies I crumbled I'm 6dpo as some of you knw and its a faint positive took pic within two mins just now did one about 6 hours ago too but it was or looked negative please tell me u  see if u can see a line  too xx