Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New Year BFP

Replies

• Options
    Ohhh @FlossyLZ how exciting and what an amazing Christmas/New years gift that would be!! Keeping everything crossed for you! 
  • Options
    @SunshineB
    thanks dear for the assurance. I really feel like at this stage nothing matters(medcine, injections or any horrible side effects). The only thing which matters is getting pregnant.
  • Options
    LouTTC83 said:
    Good morning @SunshineB, not been on for a few days, had a poorly little girl, she seems a bit brighter this morning.

They have tries to find me a similar job but they have sold off the part of the business that does the bit I do, the rest of their business is a farmers Mart so completely different. 

I think I am going to get in touch with an estate agent and get it taken over so they can get it on the market and do all the complicated stuff. Luckily I should have received a wage by then 🙈

Good luck ince you start trying again and fab news about becoming permanent, it's good feeling secure once you conceive. It's all very exciting! 

Hello @meetingbaby, welcome to the group. Sorry about the problems ttc but its excellent news about the IVF. My cousin fell pregnant with twins after getting this. Fingers crossed for you! Xx
    aww how sweet. Thanks for telling me about your cousin. These success stories really helps.
  • Options
    @Meetingbaby aww bless you. I would be totally the same though. Wishing you all the luck. When will you have a date for it all to start?x
  • Options
    @SunshineB We have signed the paper work but haven't decided on the clinic yet. we are researching a bit but as soon we will do that , we will call them and things will take 2 months from then.

Good morning everyone. Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New year 2020.
  • Options
    @Meetingbaby Ahh ok. At least you have time too look over Christmas and New year:)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all x
  • Options
    Good Luck.
    My cousin who had the twins after ten years of trying fell pregnant naturally 10 months later :-) xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you don’t mind me joining :) dh and I just decided to start ttc - I think I’m equally terrified of it happening and not happening, it’s such a big decision! I’ve been on the pill for the last 10 ish years and stopped a couple of weeks ago. Had my usual af (although I know that won’t have been a ‘proper’ one) and according to my app I’m due to ov on Tuesday. I know it usually takes women a while for their cycles to regulate after the pill though so I think this month will be a practice run haha. Was anyone else on the pill? I was on Cilest but took a break for just over a year in 2017 as I had the implanon in my arm. I just hope I haven’t messed with my body too much. Before I started taking bc though I had very regular af etc. Anyway, any tips for a couple just starting out on their ttc journey would be welcome. Looking forward to chatting with you all and fingers crossed we get our 2020 BFPs! 
  • Options
    Hello @CheshireCat000, welcome to the group and good luck on your journey:-)

I recently came off my pill too, (30 Nov) I was on the mini pill, I am still waiting for my period, even did a treat this morning to see if I was pregnant 😳

I have a little girl who is 11 months old and when we were trying for her, I just used the app to track my periods and tried to be around ovulating time without making it too clinical:) i have read another group where members take their temperatures and keep a regular check of when they ovulate. 

Merry Christmas xx
  • Options
    Hi @LouTTC83 thanks for your reply :) 

that’s good to hear we’re at a similar point of our journey! Hope you get your period soon! Yeah I don’t want to be too clinical about it (at least I don’t just yet, I imagine I’ll be a full on scientist about it by the summer if we’ve not conceived by then!) so just going to use the app and see what happens. We’re not in a huge rush but having said that, we’d definitely rather it happen sooner than later!

Merry Christmas to you too! Xx 
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you don’t mind me joining :) dh and I just decided to start ttc - I think I’m equally terrified of it happening and not happening, it’s such a big decision! I’ve been on the pill for the last 10 ish years and stopped a couple of weeks ago. Had my usual af (although I know that won’t have been a ‘proper’ one) and according to my app I’m due to ov on Tuesday. I know it usually takes women a while for their cycles to regulate after the pill though so I think this month will be a practice run haha. Was anyone else on the pill? I was on Cilest but took a break for just over a year in 2017 as I had the implanon in my arm. I just hope I haven’t messed with my body too much. Before I started taking bc though I had very regular af etc. Anyway, any tips for a couple just starting out on their ttc journey would be welcome. Looking forward to chatting with you all and fingers crossed we get our 2020 BFPs! 
    Hey @CheshireCat000 nice to have you here!
    Your first bleed is usually called a withdrawal bleed. I had been on the pill for 15 years and I came off in April. It took 6 weeks for AF to return and then I was pretty regular with 29-30 day cycles. Long story short I had i went back to taking the pill as we didn't want to risk pregnancy in a new job where I have been temping, got my perm contract to start on the 02.01.20 so going to come off the pill again on the 1st. 
    I am so exciting but so nervous, mainly due to being at a new work place. We did have a pregnancy during the time I was off BC but it didn't stick. So I hope it doesn't take too long this next time. 

Exciting to be sharing this journey with you guys 😁 x
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I hope you don’t mind me joining this chat. I am 39 already and have no children. So would love to have one. I ovulated on 16/17 of December as opk was positive on both days. Had sex on 14 and 15 of December. Already had two bfn on 6dpo and 8dpo. Period due 31/12 or 1/1. Started having some cramps today at 9dpo with some cm both of lotion type and milky creamy type. Have been constipated and bloated and feeling thirsty. Also developed some spots on forehead and chin. Otherwise no real symptoms. I think I am out already as already two bfn. Looking for some support here :) thanks. 
  • Options
    Hey @Fantasyfootball
    I wouldn't class yourself as out yet, testing at 9 dpo is really early. Some people don't even get lines until they are actually late for AF. 
  • Options
    Hi @Fantasyfootball
    Yes very early to test but I am exactly the same. I came off the pill at the end of Nov and still waiting for first period. I am trying for my 2nd and am 36 years old. 
    Fingers crossed for you and keep us updated xx
  • Options
    Thanks @SunshineB and @LouTTC83. You guys made me feel a bit more reassured. I’m probably not going to test until AF is due as cannot face another bfn. Will keep you guys updated. Sending good luck to you all. 
  • Options
    Good luck. Not many days left to wait. Sending you baby dust 🤞🤞 
  • Options
    Hi @SunshineB thanks for your reply! Yeah I know it will have been a withdrawal bleed and not a ‘proper’ period which is why we’re treating this month as a practice run, not expecting any miracles haha. So sorry to hear your pregnancy didn’t stick but congratulations on your new permanent job. Fingers crossed you get a bfp and everything falls into place this year! 

Is anyone using an app to track things? If so, which is your favourite? Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!
  • Options
    That's a good way to look at it @CheshireCat000 :)

Thank you. Hopefully the New year is a good one for us all.

I use Clue to track my period. It does give you s predicated fertile window but if you use OPKs, you can input when you get your peak and it will readjust your fertile window based on the info you enter which is good.
  • Options
    I also use clue to track my periods (when I get them) 
    When you come off the mini pill is your first period classed as a withdrawal bleed with it not stopping ovulation when taking the mini pill? Xx
  • Options
    Hi @LouTTC83 I’m not sure but if it doesn’t stop ovulation then it sounds like it’d be a normal period and not a withdrawal one? 

Thanks for both of your suggestions re: Clue, I’ll take a look at it. I started using Glow but find it really annoying as most of the features are hidden unless you pay which I don’t want to do lol. I’m going to start tracking ovulation properly after I get my first af but according to Glow I could be ovulating soon (but obviously that might not be the case with me only just stopping the pill). I’m getting a lot of cramping/lower back ache and quite gassy today but not sure whether these are signs of ovulation! I’ve only just realised I’ve been on the pill since my teens and never paid any attention to symptoms etc before then so I have no idea about any of this haha! Time to do some research I think.