Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New Year BFP

Replies

• Options
    @LouTTC83 I think it's still classed as a withdrawal. I'm on the mini and when I stopped it first time round, I bled really lightly for a few days then after 6 weeks my normal period came back and I was really regular after that.
    @CheshireCat000 clue is really good for explaining the options you can input and what they mean. You can track everything from aches and pains, to CM and even to  bowel movements 😂 
  • Options
    @SunshineB 😂😂 that’s so funny, going to download it now - thanks for the tip! 😊
  • Options
    You're welcome @CheshireCat000😊
  • Options
    Good morning ladies. I hope you have all had a fabulous Christmas. I am thankful that the Christmas festivities have distracted me from focusing too much on ttc. I am now 11 dpo. 
  • Options
    Hey @FlossyLZ I had a lovely Christmas. I hope you did too.
    Are you going to test before AF is due?
  • Options
    Thanks @SunshineB. I know last time I bled after 11 days then had fairly regular periods after that. The good news is today I got my first period/withdrawal bleed. 
    My daughter looks like she is going to cut four of her top teeth this week too. One is through and the others are so so close. Poor thing seems like she has been teething forever and never gets any teeth. Bless her! 

Good Luck @FlossyLZ xx
  • Options
    Ahh that's good @LouTTC83! Hopefully this is your regular period returning so I would start tracking it as if it is 😁
    Aww bless her. My nephew has been through the teething stage and it was just awful. They really suffer don't they. Off to his 2nd birthday party today! Crazy how fast that has gone.
    Xx
  • Options
    @SunshineB I am trying not to test until af is due. When we started ttc 8 month ago I started testing way too early... Like 8dpo. Having so many bfn has taken it's toll and the money I have spent on tests has built up. Last month I tested at 12 dpo. 12 dpo would be tomorrow, I don't want to test tomorrow as it's my birthday and as much as a bfp would be the best birthday present ever, a bfn would ruin it... If I am not pregnant I don't want to find out tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @FlossyLZ yeah good idea. It's a tricky one with testing early isn't it. Can be a good thing but can feel soul destroying at the same time.
    Main thing is to enjoy yourself tomorrow! Do you have anything nice planned xx
  • Options
    Have a lovely birthday @FlossyLZ xx
  • Options
    Hello ladies how is everyone doing?
    i am having my 6th cycle of clomid monitored for follicles and then progesterone level.Meanwhile me and my hubby have filled the ivf form and signed we are just looking for good ivf center as soon as we do that we will call them up and our ivf treatment will start. The waiting time is 2 months after we finalise the ivf center in UK.
    I am still hoping to get pregnant before ivf starts.
  • Options
    Hey @Meetingbaby I well thanks hope you are too? Been on a spa day with a friend today and had my last back massage for a while as back at ttc in January. Feel so relaxed I could have a nap!
    Ahh that's good that you started the research. I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube of couples about to start IVF and then happen to fall pg naturally. Fingers crossed for you 🤞 x
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

@SunshineB a spa day sounds like absolute heaven, I'm so jealous! Might have to look into one myself haha. 

@Meetingbaby it's good that things are progressing for you on your journey and you're looking into options, I've got everything crossed for you. 

I've not really done much the past week so I'm looking forward to getting back into the work routine, but it's been great having some much needed rest. After saying I wasn't going to look into OPKs this month and deciding I'd just see how things went, I ended up getting really anxious about how long it would take my cycle to go back to normal after being on the pill for so long. I stupidly ready a lot of horror stories about people taking 6+ months to ovulate/get their af. Soooo... I bought some OPKs lol. According to Clue, I'm due to ovulate tomorrow so I started doing the tests on Saturday. This morning I got a positive on the OPK, so fingers crossed that means things are on track and I can have some of peace of mind.

Hope everyone is having a lovely start to the week :) 

• Options
    @CheshireCat000 it was amazing! So much so that I did actually fall asleep for an hour when I got home 😂
    I am looking forward to getting back to work and knowing what day it actually is lol 
    Ahh that's good news!! Did you input your positive OPK into clue? Make sure to get some BD in tonight! How are finding Clue?
    I've bought a thermometer after reading such good stuff about BBT from this website. Charting your temperature will show you if you have actually ovulated which is good to know. I have bought the bluetooth Femometer after recommendations from the group and then I'm going to track using Fertility Friend. 

One more day left of 2019 and then the journey begins again 😁 

• Options
    @SunshineB haha I'd have definitely had a nap too, I've actually fallen asleep during a massage before lol.

Yep I've put it into Clue and I've also downloaded an app called PreMom where you can upload a photo of each of your OPKs and it analyses them for you/keeps a record of them. Clue's great though, it's so easy to use and doesn't seem as spammy as Glow. 

I've read about BBT too, think I'll consider it after a few months of trying. Let us know how you find it! 
  • Options
    Yeah I've downloaded the premom app too! I can't use it yet as it's making me enter my period which I haven't had yet so I'll be waiting for that to return first before we try, so o can keep a track of things.

Glad you like Clue! I find it so easy to use.

I'll let you know although I have no clue about what the temp results mean 😂 so I'll be learning as I go along 
  • Options
    Just came back from scan , it looks promising to them (follicle monitoring) and i have been asked to get a progesterone level check as well. I know i ovulated this cycle. So will see where it goes.
    If i don't fell pregnant i may take one cycle of letrozole before moving to ivf.

i am sorry to say but on this end of the year day, i can confirm it was a shit year for me. 6th unsuccessful clomid cycle, numbers of scan and blood test and no pregnancy at all.
    I hope things will be better for most of us in this new year.
  • Options
    Ahh @Meetingbaby that is good new the end the year on!! How do you go about getting your progesterone checked?

Yeah this year hasn't been kind to a lot of us I think. So ready for 2020 and all that it brings. 
  • Options
    Hi 
    I got my bfp on the 27th I’m a nervous wreck because I miscarried in sep sane day I found I was pregnant I’ve been trying for 2 1/2 yrs now I’m so excited but also so scared fingers crossed for all of you xx
  • Options
    @Metalchick congratulations!! Try to relax as much as you can. I know it will be hard but jua take it easy. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy 💗 Happy new year xx