Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Gorgeous photos Bug.

Benji was pooing several times a day but this week has been one every few days. Lots of wet nappies though. Don't think anything is regular/routine yet!

• Options

Thanks Vikster I feel much better now! You're right there's no routine yet so will just keep going as we are. 

Bug lily is beautiful! I want to do a photo shoot now.

• Options

Love all the photos! karenlouise - Verity's handmade bunny is so cute. I've been loving the various hand knitted clothes and blankets given to Elodie by various kind relatives.

Danielle - thank you so much for the Chicco nappies and Hippodamus washcloths. The cloths came in very handy for Elodie's bath time today and are lovely and soft!

Jen- Elodie is 2 weeks old and takes usually 3.5 oz at a feed (she is bottle fed) but sometimes it's a bit less. 

Ginabambino - there seems to be no rhyme or reason to Elodie's poos! Some days she has done 3 and other days none! I'm never really sure what to expect. She doesn't seem to be straining or in discomfort though.

NicNac - hope you get to see your GP soon about your stitches. Definitely a good idea to get checked especially if you are still in pain. Mine seem to be healing but my big problem is getting to the toilet in time (sorry TMI!). my pelvic oot has definitely been affected by the birth. Ugh. I feel like all I do when I go out of the house is stress about where the neareat loo is ! 

Vxx

• Options

I have a prolapse from my first sons birth so know what you mean about running to the loo lol i think i will ring the doc first thing monday if no better by then thank you for replying x

• Options

I too am struggling with the loss of bladder control! Reassuring to know I am not alone! i especially struggled at the start of the week as one of the side effects from the spinal block was loss of sensation in my bladder so I didn't even know I needed it!!

the joys of pregnancy, at least our little bundles make it worth it :) 

• Options

Indeed ladies! I seem to be able to hold it in until I find a toilet now, but coughing, sneezing or laughing.... No chance! 

• Options

You're so welcome Jen and Vixi for the goodies. 

Bug, those photos are to die for! Gorgeous! 

• Options

Bug - beautiful photos!! Verity has a mini photo shoot next weekend. Her nanny and grandad on daddy's side are coming to visit, and grandad is a photographer :) they are also having their first cuddles with her - no one was allowed to touch her in nicu, and they live in the Midlands, so haven't made it down since she has been out. 

Verity used to be very regular with poos. But she has only been going once a day lately. And taking all day to do it. So cos of that, and her other stomach issues, the Dr's has given her laxatives. Hopefully they ease some pain for her. 

Gorgeous photos ♡ 

Haha, verity has a new way of sleeping!! image

• Options

Well Callum has just done the biggest poo ever so no wonder it took most of the day! I'll mention it to the midwife on Wednesday and see what she says. Thank you ladies! 

Haha bless her! I always wonder if they're comfortable when they put themselves in such awkward positions! They must be though otherwise they'd cry surely? 

Callum has fed every 2 hours today. Glad I got more formula in the tesco delivery. We've also moved up nappy size and clothing size! We're in 0-3 month stuff now, the tiny baby clothes no longer fit and newborn is looking tighter. He's finally growing! 

• Options

I would definitely mention it to the midwife or dr. It could just be his bowels catching up with him. But he might need something to help him. 

Yeah, she would scream I'm sure if she was uncomfortable. In my theory, she sleeps like that cos we used to do containment holding in her incubator - one hand on her head, one at the bottom end. So I guess that is what that feels like. It was just so funny to see her like that in the morning!!! 

Oh dear...Verity has fed three times in 1.5 hours! 

• Options

Thats so cute.How much top up do u give him after u bf

• Options

Hi Saddy we offer him 100ml at 10pm each night.  He rarely takes all of it but it seems to work really well at the moment to get him off to sleep with a full tummy and give me a break so I can get to bed. I also make sure my hubby gives the bottle to him so he doesn't think he can get a bottle from me and stops breast feeding.  I've not given him a bottle (even when expressing my hubby gives him the expressed milk not me), when he's with me he only gets breast and he seems to take both fine.

We got the washcloths and nappies today.  He is wearing a Chicco nappy (I don't think the crying has anything to do with the nappy!).

• Options

Awww vixster he looks really cute :) is that a size 1 nappy? Has he been in micros so far? He looks really tiny, bless him x 

Verity had her first session with her chiropractor today. Ladies, I would strongly recommend it!!!! Xx 

• Options

Aww Vikster he does look so cute! Callum cries every time we change his nappy. He hates the air hitting his bum bless him! 

Ooh glad that went well karenlouise! We have physio for his foot soon (it was bent upwards towards his leg in the womb) which will hopefully sort him out. You can't tell as much now but it's a lot weaker than his left foot. 

• Options

Thanks ladies, yes he's in size 1 nappies but still big on him. He's feeding non stop, I'm exhausted. It's wet nappies every hour so grateful for the free nappies. I'm going to do reusable nappies when he's bigger. Tried a cotton one on him last week and it was so big he couldn't close his legs! Oops! image

Were you both referred for physio? Did you know they needed it? How much do they weigh now?

• Options

Ahh the constant feeding, I think we're finally over that. We're now on feeding every 2 hours, 3 if I'm lucky but it does mean the steriliser is on 3-4 times a day.  

Haha bless him! I've not thought about reusable ones tbh, let us know how it works when you do start with them! 

We got referred on his birthday as it was obvious there was a problem, we do exercises (stretching and rubbing the foot and ankle) and it is a lot better but his ankle still looks out of place if you know what I mean. It's the only thing I was really concerned about. 

He gets weighed again on Wednesday at his 3 week appt. He is having between 3 and 5oz per feed so I'm hoping he's put on weight. We measured him the other day and he's 53cm so he's quite long! 

Got a dilemma this weekend. We're off out for the full day seeing family and friends. I exclusively formula feed now and as we'll be driving a lot I need to figure out his bottles etc. We have a perfect prep machine and an electric bottle warmer so I can take them with us if necessary. Should I make up all my bottles in the morning, and put them in a cooler bag and just take the bottle warmer, make up 2 bottles and take formula with us along with the other 3 bottles so I can make them as we go or do I just buy ready made bottles but that'll be a different type of formula? 

• Options

Gina y don't you use the bottles of formula that are already made up and all u have to do is measures out the ounces, 

We came to that conclusion when we went shopping as we had to find somewhere to cool jacks bottle down, he eats like I don't know what every 2-3  hours getting through  about 3-4 ounces 

• Options

Aahh I see about the foot. Hope he gets it all better.

With the formula I have friends who say you can make up all the bottles in the morning and then put in the fridge for the day. I know formula companies say not to but personally I think it's a ploy to make your life harder! I would do whatever makes your life easier.

• Options

If I'm going out for a few hours I'll make up 2 bottles and just nip to cafés to get some hot water (he doesn't like cold bottles yet) but as this is all day I didn't want them to go funny. Think I'll get ready made as I'm sure I can get them in his formula type and just do it that way. It will be easier for us and for him so he's not having to wait and we're not having to impose too much on friends. 

Thanks ladies! 

Thanks Vikster I'm sure it will but it's the wait for the referral I hate. We could be waiting months for it! 

• Options

Verity has just been weighed...she is 6lb1oz, what a chunk!!!! X