Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Just want to say a massive thank you for our gifts can't wait to start using them xx

• Options

Thank you for the nappies and muslin cloths. received this morning:) Will leave feedback once i've opened and used them :D

• Options

Thank you for the washcloths and nappies that have just arrived! 

Just had our day 5 midwife visit, Lily has only lost 100g since birth so I am really happy with that :) meaning she now weighs 6lb 13. 

• Options

Thank you for the washcloths and nappies that arrived this morning :)

• Options

So glad the goodies are arriving! 

• Options

Just received the washcloths. 

Thank you Danielle.

• Options

Bug, bless her, that is quite good for 5 days!! Verity had a massive drop after a few days, she was being closely monitored for that too. Lily was a good weight when born then? What size clothes is she fitting in at the moment?? X 

• Options

Bug that is really good! Callum lost 6Oz but we're told that's normal and now he's back up to birth weight (if not heavier) now. 

He wears newborn or tiny baby at the minute but he is growing so quick now I can't believe it! 

I've not been home most of the day so I might have presents when I get back which is exciting! 

• Options

She was 7lb when she was born (3.18kg) and is now 6lb 13 (3.08kg) 

she is wearing newborn or tiny baby at the moment but she has quite long legs and feet so is dependent on how generous they are in length! 

I was worried about how much she was eating but sounds like she is coping well

• Options

Thank you for the advice Vixi the midwife checked them on Monday for me it was her that told me there was a gap and that it should heal over time but will never go back to how it was im just worried that its still so sore i may just  see my GP instead im scared it will get infected if just left but really dont want anymore stitches.

Thank you for the nappies and washcloths much appreciated :)

• Options

Awww that's cool. It is annoying that 'tiny baby' is different things in different shops. Atm, we are stocking up on asda tiny baby stuff. Theirs is 'up to 6lb'. She is almost in that size now - growing too fast. Verity dropped from 3lb4oz to 2lb9oz. But she is growing steadily since, even if she is between 0.4th and 2nd centile, so tiny compared to other babies too x 

anyone got anymore cute pics to share?? :) 

This is Verity with her bunny that her great aunt made for her - image

• Options

Aww cute!! Callum has a giraffe teddy which my sister bought for him. He loves it! 

Here's callum pretending to be asleep. Little trickster! 

• Options

Thank you for the wash cloths Danielle and Helen. Very kind and will come I'm useful. 

Ladies, if bottle feeding how many ounces are ur babies taking? 

I am feeding Dylan on demand and he's taking anywhere between 1 and just over 2Oz a feed, but no pattern to it. I wonder if that's enough? He had only lost 20grams at his 5 day check, and is being weighed tomorrow when he will be a week and 3 days old - time is flying! 

Here is is a recent pic of my little guy. 

• Options

Which giraffe teddy is it? You can get a soft toy version of Sophie the giraffe which Verity loves!! Does he cuddle it properly? 

Aww he looks so cute :) and I love his vest - my nephew has that in every size cos it's so good!! 

• Options

Congratulation to all of you for the new arrivals.

• Options

Karenlouise it's a jellykandy one. He loves it in his buggy and when we're awake and it stays in his cot at night. He does grip it but not properly yet.

The vest was a gift but I am tempted to get it in the next size up! 

Jen - callum has between 3 and 4Oz per bottle now and if he's had a particularly big wee or had a sweat he'll drink a full 5oz. 

• Options

My little man is now three weeks and I feel I'm starting to get organised. Did the school run in my own this week as hubby is back at work and we weren't late once - yet! Child benefit form sent off and still breastfeeding on demand, but we are offering him a bottle of formula at 10pm each night, which sometimes he takes /sometimes not really helps to make sure best full

• Options

Sorry posted before finished! Also got a photo shoot at mother care next Friday. Here he is sleeping soundly for once

• Options

Thanks for the wash cloths and nappies!

Vikster he is so cute! I want to do a photo shoot but thinking of waiting until we go center parcs in September.

Can I ask how often your little ones poo? Callum is doing 1 a day but is taking all day to do it so is straining most of the time he is awake. I think he might be constipated but not sure what 'normal' is? 

• Options

Ah bless him Vikster! We have had a busy first week with Lily. We have registered her, been out for lunch to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and then yesterday Lily had her newborn shoot! I have attached a few photos we have already received but lots more to come! 

Jen - at 1 week old today Lily is taking anything from 1-3oz and i am feeding on demand so it's anything from an hour and a half to 3 hours between feeds. Again no real pattern to it

imageimageimage