Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Loving that picture Youngmum of Lyra! Whatever you're doing, keep doing it cause she looks like she's thriving! 

Also, while we're here, today on the forum, we're talking about Dan Osborne's new tattoo of his kids on his thigh. It got us wondering, do you or your partner have any tattoos about your kids? If so, please do come and tell us about them here. 

• Options

imageimageimage

Hey Mamas!! 

Feeling super emotional about the fact Seven is going to be 6 months old this week! Still totally obsessed with him, such a happy little thing so must be doing something right 😉

Starting baby led weaning this week and feeling like food is a massive milestone, but he’s ready now that he can sit unassisted! 

Proud to still be breastfeeding, totally love  and dont us stopping any time soon!!

Hope you and your little ones are all well. Smile, are you pregnant again yet? 😜

• Options

imageimageHere’s my little Rocco, he was 6 months on Saturday and weighs 20lb 6!! He’s a chubby thing! 

Xx

• Options

we have two teeth 

• Options

Wow awesome. I am still only breastfeeding too. Need to start weaning please help where and how to start any advise guys. She is siting now so I should start she turns 6 months on 10/2

• Options

Awww Jazzy, he’s adorable! 

Mummy it depends on how you want to wean! We’re going for blw and skipping purée and mashed foods altogether and just serving him up whatever we‘re eating and we’ll let him figure it out for himself, meant to be very messy but fun! 

• Options

Boots have you started what have you been giving do they choke or do they figure how to chew 

• Options

He’s only had some dry toast so far as a tester haha. Apparently its  less of a choking hazard because they’re learning to chew before they swallow rather than swallow whatever is put in their mouth :)

• Options

Omg!! How beautiful are your babies!! They’re all so grown up now!!! I can’t believe Hudson will be 6 months on 11th!!!

Boots..... HOW f*cking funny!!!!! The one time i check this group in MONTHS and you ask if I’m pregnant yet on the day that me and Chris have decided that I come off the pill again 😂😂😂

We really want two close together! Totally aware it might not happen for ages 2nd time round though!! Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love Hudson and he will have all the attention in the world... but lets be honest.... I’ve been broody since the day he exited my womb 😂

Here’s Hudson!! He sits unaided... has started BLW... loves toast, cheese, pasta and lots of fruit & veg. He loves standing at the sofa playing with his toys and is about to start Chapter 2 of Waterbabies 

• Options

Everyone I need help Lyra hasn't napped today at all I every time she put down she gets she won't take her dummies she has has maybe 4 bottles since last night at 9 o'clock she is screaming ever 2 mins and u can't settle her she was falling to sleep at 7oclock so I took her to bed only for her to scream the house down and is still awake now heelllp please x 

• Options

Is she teething ?? and have you checked her temp? Calpol, anbesol etc.  hope she slept better 

• Options

So wonderful to hear from you all and see your updates! 

mummytobe110, we have a free weaning app on Android and iphone. Just search MadeForMums on the app store and it should show up. 

Youngmum, how was your night with Lyra? Does she have a temperature? Upset tummy? 

• Options

Aww Smile I can’t believe Hudson is standing at the sofa already!! 

eek another baby, don’t be ditching us for another thread 😂😂 I so miss logging on everyday and talking about our pregnancies xx

• Options

We've got 5 pairs of FREE tickets to The Baby Show, this 2-4 March at ExCel London. To find out how to win them, just check out Latest Posts on the forum. 

• Options

I know!!! He’s such a confident, independent baby it’s kinda sad!!! He’s never liked being rocked to sleep, being cuddled unless he’s ill Etc!! 

Like heeeell would i ditch the Aug 17 guys!! Logging on and talking to you guys everyday was so lovely! Hope you’re ok Jazzy!!? X

• Options

She finally settled at 3.30 but was up at 4 half 4 5 and finally 6 I think she Is teething but she had bonjella  and Calpol but she isn't really taking her bottle either 

• Options

Yeah Hudson goes off his milk when his gums are playing up!! Try anbesol liquid !! It’s awesome. Hope she settles tonight! 

• Options

Awww Smile! Hudson Has grown so much since I last saw pics! That awesome that you guys are plannkng another already! Didn’t think it would be long 😉 

I hope Lyra is a bit more settled now Youngmum! 

We ended up giving Seven his first dinner last night and he absolutely loved it!!! He had stir fry with us, so super proud but sad at the same time 😭

How is everyone with sleep these days! I’m currently awake doing the 4 night feed and that a fairly good night for us 😩😂 we co-sleep (which I LOVE) so I don’t actually have to get up and he only feeds for a few mins then I go back to sleep 🤷‍♀️

• Options

My sleep is so minimum I'm surprised I can get up and go still Lyra is still super sleepless and my other 2 girls are I'll so no sleep for me at all for 2 days my partner can't her the Lyra when she wake so I single handily do everything near enough x 

• Options

Eeeeeek I know!!! A part of me feels slightly guilty for being excited for another. But we want Hudson to have a sibling close in age like we do. Taking things a day at a time! I don’t have the time to plan around ovulation etc like I did last time!

I know what you mean as well Boots!! The first time we started BLW with Hudson and he took to it really well it made me so sad! Also, the first night I put him in his cot in his bedroom about 2 weeks ago, he had a bottle and went off straight away. I turned the monitor cam on, put on the night light..and closed the door behind me. I went down to chris who was in the kitchen and just cried haha!! He seemed so grown up all of a sudden😭 So hope that Seven has taken to it well though!! What are you going to try him on today?

Hudson sleeps 8pm-6am. We dream feed him before we go to sleep at 11pm. And he will stir about 3/4am for a feed and will go straight back down till 6/7am.