Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Sorry for your loss @ThuperRah thinking of you at this terrible time xx
  • Options
    Good morning ladies hope your all doing well and babies are well. 💖
  • Options
    @ThuperRah so sorry for your loss, how are you and the family coping?

Hello everyone else too, we're giving away free tickets to The Baby Show at Olympia in London, this 18-20 Oct. Head to Latest Discussions to win them! 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Gosh we’ve all been quite for a while!

i know Christmas is a few months away but has anyone started buying yet? Or anyone have any good suggestions on what to get our little ones? I’m thinking highchair and weaning stuff, ball pit and tp tent. I just have no idea with other little bits! Or big bits for that matter. Please help a new mum out haha. Hope you and all your babies are well!xx
  • Options
    @Jades2409 I was thinking along them lines as well as some clothes too bit too young for some of the better interactive toys you can buy cant believe my little one is 7 weeks already tine is going way too fast xx
  • Options
    I’m finding it harder as a second time Mam as have loads of Ava’s old toys to pass on so not much to buy!! Just gonna buy a few little things I think like pram toys 
  • Options
    I’m doing the same. I was thinking highchair and a jumperoo or walker type thing with clothes and a few first toys.
    @Jades2409 don’t the mistake of buying things that would be better for next Christmas. I’ve made that mistake so many times and then there’s nothing to buy them the following year! Haha. I’m so excited to buy dolls and toy prams again but she’ll be too young for a lot of them this year and prob next year- haha!!!xxxx
  • Options
    @Sarahjh34 @Andreag1990 @EmJ3 i think maybe a decent high chair, a ball pit and then a few toys and clothes will be enough! I’m so excited for it but really just want her to stay small at the same time 😂 jumperoo sounds a good idea aswell! I’ll more than likely end up getting her one of them aswell, house is already over run with baby stuff 😂 much more to come yet!
  • Options
    Hi guys well when I had my little one 7 weeks ago I had a bit of a weak bladder but it cleared up after 3 weeks.... well two nights ago we had sex for the first time which was fine but then the next day I leaked wee twice....could it be related..... 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, do check out Latest Discussions as we have free tickets to The Baby Show and we're also asking for you Rainbow Baby stories. 

@Andreag1990 we just spotted your post above - have you leaked again? 

• Options
    I really don’t know @Andreag1990, is it just from having a baby. Could things just be taking their time going back to normal? Maybe up your pelvic floor exercises? This has reminded me to do them too!!!xxx
  • Options
    Yeah I’ve started doing them again as stopped early on!! No more leaking!! Erin is 8 weeks Sunday can’t believe my postnatal check isn’t until next week!! How’s everyone doing xxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone had our 6 week check last week went well. Still a little concerned I havent had much of a social smile yet ad the health visitor rings me every 2 days to check whether Noah has started yet. He smiles but only when he is fully relaxed with his eyes closed she said that wasnt social smiling and will continue to keep an eye on it. Apart from that everything is good a bit nervous about taking him out in the car havent done it yet xx
  • Options
    We're 11 weeks old on thurs. Settled into a routine with the 4 kids on my own til partner comes back in jan. I'll be flying with baba on my own in nov to see her family in caribbean.
    Still her dads twin :p

• Options
    @SaoirseK she’s just gorgeous and yes still the image of her dad! I’m glad you get to fly out and see your partner and his family- it must be so hard for you but you’re kept very busy in the mean time aren’t you! 

Matilda is 8 weeks old today and I just don’t understand where the time has gone. It has absolutely flown but at the same time, it’s hard to think of a time when she wasn’t here, if you know what I mean. 

She’s feeding well and growing loads. She’s 10 lb now!!! Had our 6 weeks checks yesterday which were late but everything’s fine.

looking forward to the weekend but it’s probably going to rain here... again!!!

i hope all the mums and the babies are doing well.xxx

• Options
    Matilda now.xxx
  • Options
    Sarahjh34 said:
    Hi everyone had our 6 week check last week went well. Still a little concerned I havent had much of a social smile yet ad the health visitor rings me every 2 days to check whether Noah has started yet. He smiles but only when he is fully relaxed with his eyes closed she said that wasnt social smiling and will continue to keep an eye on it. Apart from that everything is good a bit nervous about taking him out in the car havent done it yet xx
    Don't know if it helps @Sarahjh34 but i didn't get any social smiles until my baby was about 8 weeks... 

• Options
    @DanielleMFM Noah has started to smile now a few every day for a couple of days now he was 8 weeks on friday
  • Options
    Hi ladies hope you and your little ones are doing well xx
  • Options
    We’re doing good thanks @Sarahjh34. How are you and Noah? I’m glad he’s started smiling. They all just do things in different orders!!!

i did a Keeping in touch day at work today. Very bizarre. Hated leaving Matilda but it did go quick and it was totally my choice. 

Matilda’s doing so well. I’m still besotted with her and can still get quite emotional about having her! We’re all so lucky. she’s 8 weeks but haven’t had a period yet- have any of you since you stopped bleeding? I bled on and off till 6 weeks.
    xxxx