Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Thanks @Sarahjh34 & @EmJ3 is it from week 8 you booked them in? 

Oliver has & still is non stop crying. It’s also like he is hungry but he is taking 5oz and I can’t give that to him every 2 hours! xx
  • Options
    @Blondielauz yes from 8 weeks no earlier I was told. Try an extra 1oz in his feed maybe it will help him gona little longer than 2 hours I feed Noah now every 3 hours it suits him better just has 4oz at a time sometimes 5 xxx. Could Oliver be going through a growth spurt I know Noah was really hungry when he was going through his a couple of weeks ago xx
  • Options
    The doctor at her check told me to feed on demand so up her bottles if she’ll take it and give her them when she wants. I agree @Blondielauz, every 2 hours seems a bit much but if you up them by 1 0z like @Sarahjh34 said and sometimes give them every 3 hours, it might help him. The poor little thing and you too, it’s awful when they’re so unsettled.
    matilda takes anything from 3-6 oz.xx
  • Options
    How are ladies and babies today? Noah had a awful few hours last night but slept pretty well during the night woke at 2am then again at 7. He has been very sleepy today falling asleep after every feed for a good couple of hours. The injections have really knocked it out of him... on the plus side managed to get my 2 baskets of ironing done xx
  • Options
    Jaxson had his jabs today and has just wanted snuggles all afternoon, not that I'm complaining 😉 hope you're all having a good day 
  • Options
    Hey all, been a bit absent lately as mainly been trying to cope with lack of sleep.  Rohan just does NOT wanna sleep in his cot and does not sleep through the night. Fussing and screaming in evenings and sometimes if I'm lucky he will sleep by 1 but mostly Im settling him on the sofa. Struggling to cope to be honest. Health visitor came on Monday and thinks reflux (and Colic) so gonna book an appointment.  Anyways, he's doing well on 50th percentile weight and 91st length (long baby!)

Had my 6 week app today a little late but all doing fine and Rohan's 8 week and jabs next Thursday. Dreading it to be honest!!  But I'm going to my parents a few days and my mum has a knack of settling him. I need her to teach me!

Here's the little man actually having a nap

• Options
    @ChellaKutti01 my second youngest was like that. Was like she was allergic to sleep! It does pass although u literally want to scream and rant and (if your anything like me, throw things) in the end i used to let her fall asleep in front of the tv just to get a break. Needless to say she doesnt rely on the tv to fall asleep now so do what u need to do to recharge a bit. Ive got the opposite this time, she could sleep thru a nuclear blast, go figure
  • Options
    Erin had her injections yesterday.... fever yesterday but generally fine.... although she did the saddest cry :( she’s also full of cold but the doctor didn’t seem concerned at our check up!!

biggest prob we are having is during the evening night.... she is so sleepy all day.... so hard to keep her awake and then up loads during the night!! I’m shattered.\ last night she was up 10-12, back up 2-5 then 5:30-6 then up at 7:30 and my other little one woke up at this time.... 
  • Options
    @Sarahjh34 Matilda’s been very similar. She’s had a bit of a temperature too. 

Awww a lot of baby injections yesterday and today!!☹️☹️☹️ @Sulley112 the cuddles are definitely the best bit!!

Its really hard hard work when the babies don’t sleep isn’t it. I’m shattered today!

@ChellaKutti01 hopefully your mum will give you a little break!!

The nights are definitely the hardest @Andreag1990 and it’s hard if you have other children because you can’t go back to sleep when the baby does! I’m with @SaoirseK, do whatever helps!!!!
    xxx
  • Options
    Awww poor babies and their injections feel so sorry for them :( 

How’s everyone’s hormones I still find myself bursting out crying over silly things 11 weeks pp 

curious if anyone has taken their bambino swimming? I’d love to only people have said not to until they’ve all had their full set of injection. 

Xxx

• Options
    @Lmc92 we started taking Jaxson 3 weeks ago to water babies and we're loving it!! Both water babies and the NHS say you don't need to wait for them to have had their jabs, it's only if you want to wait :) 
  • Options
    This is how Noah has been most of the day today bless him apart from feeds and the odd little play. I hope he sleeps tonight and feeling better tomorrow. Had lots of cuddles also today. 
  • Options
    @Lmc92 Dexter went swimming at 10days old. He has been a few times since and submerged every time. Nothing that they are vaccinated against is more of a risk in the water so it's no different to just going out somewhere. 

We had first injections yesterday, he had a fever and was unsettled during the day but a normal night for us with one feed in the night, hes just having his morning nap now :-) 

• Options
    Thank you for your kind wishes ladies. 

Little madam was 3 months old yesterday. No idea how much she weighs as missed the weigh clinic due to waiting in for a plumber. They only have clinic once a month in my village and can't face trekking into the city just to get her weighed.  She's definitely growing though. Quite happy to take a bottle of expressed breastmilk so I've been able to get out riding my horse on the few days hubby has been home.

Saw the question about periods... Mine haven't returned yet. Thought I ovulated last month but no period so obviously not!

Couple of recent pictures. She's found her thumb in the last few days.

• Options
    Hello Ladies. Hope you’re all well? Hope babies that had their injections are doing well. 

Oliver continued to get worse so just got back from out of hours doctors. He’s been given some gaviscon and been told to see my GP next week as he will need to be referred to a paediatrician. 

He is currently settled so I am celebrating with a beer (yes not very girly 😂) xx
  • Options
    Awww @Blondielauz we have to celebrate the small wins!!!🤣🤣 I’m glad the doctors are taking it seriously, you can’t carry on like that. Are you still at your mums or have you gone home?xxx
  • Options
    Hey lady’s how’s you all doing keep forgetting post been super super busy only last couple weeks we sorted my boys milk he now on total free lactose free milk was until he was 8 weeks we were back forward drs hoSptial for weeks he gettin so big he a totally mummy boy he still small for beening 3 months on tues I am back at gym need get weight sorted it’s so hard when there so wee I never try lost weight when baby’s are so young x
  • Options
    @Jwebster82 - nice to hear from you. Glad to hear your little boy had been sorted. My little man is currently going back and forth with a milk intolerance/allergy. They are not sure yet. They have put him on a semi lactose free milk but he may have to go totally free. 

What was you’re little boys symptoms? Is he on anything else? 

Hope everyone else is well xx
  • Options
    @Jwebster82 glad you've got to the bottom of his issues now 🙂
    @Blondielauz hope you enjoyed that beer last night! How's he been today? Is the gaviscon helping? x
  • Options
    @Jwebster82 I’m glad Hunter is more settled now. I’m struggling with my diet a bit too. It’s driving me crazy. I need to get to the gym!!!

@Blondielauz how is Oliver now? Has the change of milk helped? 

@ThuperRah, how are you and the baby?

How is everyone else?

i know I’ve mentioned this before but is it normal to not have had a period yet? Matilda is 10 weeks old today. I bled till 6 weeks. Should I be expecting one any time now?

we are on holiday in Fuerteventura- the weather is amazing! It’s so nice to be in the sun in October!xxx