Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @georgiatim @MillP I’ve only allowed my parents to visit for cuddles as I know they have been isolating them selves  but the rest of family will have to wait until restrictions have been lifted I found it nice just been us as a family enjoying the little one without all the visitors in and out. 

• Options
    Hello everyone, Daisy is 11 days old now and is adorable. She's having 4 hourly feeds through the night so is making it all so much easier. 

She was 8lbs 5ozs at birth and at one week was weighed and is now 8lbs 8ozs. We are having to formula feed due to my milk not coming in, slightly sad that this has happened but she is healthy and that's important. 

She is going to have her first bath today as her clip has fallen off now. That's if she ever wakes up. 

Keep enjoying your babies, are there any people still waiting to give birth? 
  • Options
    i forgot to post a picture. 
  • Options
    ladies are any of your breast feeding??? Where do you stand with dummies and breast feeding? 
    xx
  • Options
    Jetty1989 said:
    ladies are any of your breast feeding??? Where do you stand with dummies and breast feeding? 
    xx
    I'm breastfeeding hun and libbie had a dummy. I just don't give it to her when due a feed xx
  • Options
    Jetty1989 said:
    xx
    I’m breastfeeding too hun. I haven’t given Austin a dummy but that’s mostly because he’s just been such a chilled baby, although I was also concerned about causing nipple confusion. He’s become more fussy this week and I have considered it but haven’t yet given him one. 
    My best friend has a baby same age and she gave him a dummy near enough from birth and is also breastfeeding, she’s not had any issues or anything xx
  • Options
    Oh that’s really good to hear! Eliza is very windy but also she likes to eat her hands even when she’s been on the boob for ages..... so wasn’t sure if a dummy would be a good go between. 
    X
  • Options
    Hi everyone, how are you all getting on? Are you getting any rest? 
  • Options
    We’re doing really well thank you @DanielleMFM
    rest on the other hand 😂 she started off really good and now is a little monkey through the night! Xx
  • Options
    Hey girls ! Look at all the baby pictures 🥰😍 we are doing okay now ! Unfortunately I had a horrible birth experience and I hope in future it won’t be the same. I finally read my discharge notes yesterday and found out I had contracted bacterial maternal sepsis and little Talia had neonatal sepsis at a level 8 reason we were rushed in for a c section. Little one had to be put on a antibiotic drip through her tiny hand but she is not on it anymore so that’s something. She is our fighter ! Iv just finished the rest of my antibiotics but have to take injections in my thigh for the next 6 weeks and hope I don’t develop blood clots ! Apart from the whole birth experience our little one is perfect but a real daddy’s girl !!xxxxxx
  • Options
    I’ve only just seen this thread!! Oh ladies all your babies are so beautiful!! I’ve struggled a bit over the last week with Marley he was 3 weeks on Friday and some nights it would take me 3/4 hours to settle him he would just cry I felt so helpless I ended up in tears I spoke to health visitor and she said it sounds like he has a bit of colic so I’ve been trying different things so soothe him and so far so good!! I just hope we are over the worst!!! Xx
  • Options
    @Ac2984 bless you ! I think our little Talia is suffering with colic but we have dr browns colic bottles which seem to not help :( have you got any tips? Hope Marley is getting better and your getting some sleep xxx
  • Options
    Oh I feel for you @Ac2984 it’s so hard when they won’t settle, and your tired too!! Mabel has had some really good and really bad nights, but the bad nights are so hard. I woke my husband up the other night because me and baby were both crying 😂 I couldn’t do anything to get her to stop, it just gets too much some times. 

I’ve been using gripe water which seems to have help settle her. My friend is starting to use colic drops today so il report back to how she’s getting on with them if they are helping her little boy. Xx
  • Options
    Today has been the worst day Marley has only just settled since about 4 I feel exhausted but know as soon as I close my eyes he will wake up its like he knows 😂 we are having his newborn photo shoot tomorrow and I’m dreading it Incase he cries loads and I can’t settle him but fingers crossed he has been awake that much tonight he will be knackered tomorrow xx
  • Options
    Hey @Ac2984 we are so sorry to read about your day yesterday. Please do let us know how the shot goes today... 

Hi everyone else here too, do you have any advice about baby monitors for one of our members please? We reckon you might know a thing or two about them now, and she is looking for some pointers and guidance on this thread. Thank you x
  • Options
    Marley has a really good shoot he slept for the first bit woke up then slept again here is a sneak peak of one of his pics xx
  • Options

• Options
    Oh my goodness @Ac2984 what a little beauty. So glad he was good for you! Your going to have some gorgeous photos xx
  • Options
    Hi!
    Has anyone tried the milky mama treats? 

I have a 1 month baby girl and have been combi feeding her with both breast milk and formula, am looking to increase my supply.

thanks!
  • Options
    Jetty1989 said:
    xx
    Yes I am breastfeeding and it’s been really difficult. Had a tongue tie so my baby (born 3rd June 2020) has had to re learn how to feed and can’t do without nipple shield. We use a dummy sometimes to get her back to sleep