Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Hi girls,

just worried because me and my partner was having intercourse and it was deep penetration and at one point I just felt like the baby fully turned around and it was causing me discomfort and my belly feelt tight.image

do I need to contact my midwife, it was fine after we stopped and I sat down 

• Options

One housewife tale I'm definitely throwing out the window is your more sick with girls,  I was nothing like this with my daughter so much worse with my boy .

Kayleigh I have no idea I'll find out in 2.5weeks they have said I'll be expecting a small baby due to health concerns but that was at 12 weeks Will see how things go .

Rarity nothing to worry about your belly probs contracted and bubu moved as long as your not bleeding or in bad pain your fine .

💝😘💝

• Options

Thank you so much for your reply! 

And I wanted to add that I was also very sick and nauseous with my son but with my daughter it was just mild nausea now and then. 

however I did love salty foods when I was pregnant with my son and now with my daughter I eat loadssss of Desserts which is correct according to the house wife tale that indicates girl 

• Options

Yes I'm same eating wise most definitely sweet with my girl salt savoury with my boy .

It's definitely harder for me carrying a boy though even pain wise I'm sure iv got something going on with my bones around pelvic area it hurts to walk especially upstairs and spread my legs in a ,stride. 

I wish I could enjoy it it's been wanted for so long

💝😘💝

• Options

I feel like this (girl) pregnancy has been easier but I am also suffering with some bad back pain And hip pains so don't worry I struggle to walk too sometimes😭 

I feel exactly the same, I just want to enjoy it but at the same time I want to be back to normal! 

I sit on the sofa most of my day because I don't want to make it worse. 

We can do this💓 it will be worth it 💓

• Options

Sorry your going through the same hun . At the same time it's a relief to know I'm not alone. 

Your right we can do this hun .

How far along are you? 

💝😘💝

• Options

I'm only 16weeks, my due date is at the beggining of November but stayed in the group chat because I thought I was due in October at first🤣 How about you?

what do you take for pain relieve? And are you in pain everyday? 

💓

• Options

I'm 17 weeks hun. 

I try not to take anything but Dr prescribed me cocodamol with paracetamol in the beginning of pregnancy hubby insists I take it when I'm bad.  It's most days recently hun  

Do you take anything 

💝😘💝

• Options

Aww so our due dates are very close!! 

I got prescribed codeine but it just made me feel very sleepy. I take Paracetamol on bad days and cbd (cannabis oil).

however what helps me a lot is my big hot water bottle, maybe it might help you too. 

Also midwife can refer you to a physiotherapist 💓

• Options

I've been told swimming is good for pain, went and got a new swimsuit today and as deliveries are happening to the house tomorrow I'll report if i feel any better on Friday when I go :)

I wondered if anyone could let me know if they think I'm being unreasonable by being upset by my partner's Mum please? With hormones all over the place I'm not sure if I'm being crazy by being upset.

First baby for either of us (not her first grandchild) and she's disappointed it's not a multiple birth, none of her other grandchildren were multiples and there's no history of it - doctors had told me it was going to be hard getting pregnant years ago (something she knew when she started pestering my partner when we'd have children as he didn't want her pestering me - she still did)

We live quite a few hours away from our families and don't drive, my parents have been quite sick so can't make the car journey. She wants them to drive up here with things for us from her and ignores both of us saying my parents can't do that - she doesn't want to bring what she wants us to have up as she doesn't like to drive for so long. We don't even want what she wants to send us and have told her that.

She's unhappy we don't want her to stop when baby arrives - same for both our families and my Mum laughed when I thought I'd say to her in case she was about to bring it up too and said "that makes sense, you two need to bond with baby and deal with the sleepless nights, it's not like any of us would be able to pop round and be there in 10 minutes so you should start off it being you two and baby from the very start".

Today we found out by accident that she's not told family members about us expecting a baby, these are family members I don't have on Facebook (partner doesn't have it) and she had agreed to tell them for us at the 12 week mark. I feel quite hurt as with my partner's sister she was happily announcing it on Facebook and everywhere, but hasn't mentioned it on her account or to family at all.

We've tried speaking to her about everything, apart from what we found out today, and she says everything is a joke or we are being too sensitive. With today's reveal my partner said there's no point saying anything to her because it doesn't matter how we are feeling to her.

Am I right being upset, and would anyone else be? I can understand my partner not wanting to say anything to her anymore as it's getting him down too - when he speaks to her about what she's saying she backs down until she knows he's at work and then she starts phoning him crying which of course embarrasses him as he's at work and he can't deal with that and I don't want him to have to.

• Options

Usually I'd jump straight for my hot water bottle I use it a lot with my endo pain .But since iv got pregnant I hate the heat really don't like it .Which is odd for me .

They did mention physio at 10 weeks. 

I might ask themto refer me .I might take up aqua aerobics too .

💝😘💝

• Options

Sheffield Steelers 

Your well within your rights to be angry that's just crazy behaviour. Is she OK mentally?

My mums got bipolar and she really makes my life hell iv had to cut her off she's never been there for me she left us when I was 4 and my dad brought us up alone . So I don't feel bad cutting her off but the other week she tried threatening me with court regards MY daughter silly woman now she's begging to see her .

You do what's right for you hun . If it was me I'd cut her out you don't need stress like this. One thing I learnt ppl change their colours when your pregnant very odd  iv had tp distance myself from drama heads tbh when I was pregnant with my daughter. 

Keep focused on you and yours and let the others be

💝😘💝

• Options

Mentally no problems, she's always felt it was me who made her son move away so she can be very anti me at times, other times lovely to me.

My partner has repeatedly told her it was he who wanted to move away and it's due to her ex-husband behavior (his dad - they only separated two years ago), how she supported her ex-husbands behavior at the cost of him and his little sister, and that he needed to get away for his sake and that our home town gives him too many painful memories. He suffers when we go back for visits and thankfully my family are really supportive that we don't visit often as they know the whole situation.

It's getting to the point where my partner is really tempted to cut her out but he said he still feels she should have a relationship with our baby, although at a distance, because he thinks a lot of her behavior was because she was controlled by her ex-husband, but he's still not sure and her behavior now isn't helping. Thankfully he's had no contact with his dad since they separated so there's no risk of him getting near us or our baby.

I do feel like I know her a lot more since I got pregnant and not in a good way, I can understand more what my partner said about her behavior which has been hidden away from me, although I'd seen flashes of it.

I'm planning to and glad you'd be angry too so I know it's not just me. I know it's his decision to cut her out of our lives but I'm just glad that he's backing me up and wants to be careful with her access, I'd feel bad suggesting it myself but glad I don't need to.

• Options

She sounds like a jealous mum that maybe regrets what happened in the past and is trying to mamake up for it now in her own way which obviously isn't helping,  they tend to stick their noses in where it's not needed when they have messed up .iv lived it since I was 24. Annoying nosy mum .

At least your both on the sane page and your  not a logger heads with each other. It's important to talk about how you feel as it's only going to create tension especially when bubus here

Your both a ,team and ppl will try to stick their nose in well his ,mum. Sometimes it's good to not answer the phone or pull the plug out .

It's also important to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy do things together go away etc create nice memories .

Remember it's about you and your little family his mum made her bed just like mines did .

It's good your family are supportive so are my Hubby's .it helps that not everyone is against each other .

God families can be crazy sometimes 

💝😘💝

• Options

They really can be crazy! 

I do think there is an element of jealousy and resentment on her part, we've always been very independent and don't tend to ask for help, and I think she likes to get to help so much with his little sister (who is a single parent). With his sister she has stayed in her house when new babies arrived even though she lived round the corner, been in the delivery room every time, purchased everything for the children and as a result been able to choose what they have (then has said she can't purchase everything but still it has to be exactly what she has chosen), diagnosed the children with special needs, chosen how they are raised and allowed them to do things against his sister's wishes...

I think if me and him weren't on the same page we'd have separated a long time ago to be honest, not going to say we don't have disagreements some times but the core of things we are so united with which is great.

• Options

Obvs shes used to getting her own way .

Main thing is your both strong and united and you both know what you want .

Your right to feel angry and annoyed but don't let it consume you . Enjoy your pregnancy hun

💝😘💝

• Options

She is when it comes to her children, why my partner moving away and sticking up for us is not going down well at all.

Thank you, I'm focusing on how amazing it is we are pregnant and loving how my body is changing and all the movements happening.

We've just booked to get a new boiler in (thank you British Gas 0% finance deal) so we can replace our old boiler and hot water tank to a combi unit, so at least I'll be busier now. Spent over half my pregnancy at home because work are so anti pregnancy but they've offered to pay me full pay until the day I give birth, provided I stay away until I finish my maternity leave or just leave.

• Options

Sounds like you've had a pretty tough time .

But things looking up now . great news about the boiler and what a, relief work are paying you full time. 

I wish I found this second trimester a doddle like I did with my daughter 

💝😘💝

• Options

It happens, at least today with the rain I can stay inside and be dry and warm. And yeah being paid full time is a massive relief, just glad I've got doctors and the union got behind me when I contacted them about what was happening.

See I have nothing to compare this to so everything is a first for me and counting down until next Wednesday when I finally know what I'm having.

I've got up this morning and my bump doesn't seem as high, it's more focused below my belly button, is this normal? I'm just over 19 weeks.

• Options

Hi everyone, hope your pregnancies are all going well.

im 21 weeks now, and not feeling too bad! I had complications in my previous pregnancies and was closely monitored throughout and was told it would be the same with this one, they told me I’d need extra scans to monitor babies growth, the fluid around baby and the blood flow.

i saw the consultant last week and she said she wanted me to have extra scans at 24, 28, 32, and 36 weeks.

i then had my 20 week scan and was told the placenta is low laying and blocking the opening so I’d need extra scans to check this moves too.

i received my appointments in the post for extra scans at 27 weeks and 35 weeks. I rang up to check about the other scans and was told the consultant got it wrong and they won’t scan at those stages any more it’s only at around 28/36 weeks! I’m guessing due to costs! I’m now panicking something could be wrong and won’t be detected early enough! Surely they should honour what a consultant recomends?