Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2019

Replies

• Options

So sorry to hear that tamzin :-( xx

• Options

Hi everyone, new here and wanted to introduce myself.

First time mum, in a recent (but very committed) relationship, surprise pregnancy.

Came off cerazette last year to get back to grips with my body (having been on the pill for 10 years!) and had irregular cycles (ranging between 24 and 30 days) but (what I thought) were obvious ovulation symptoms. Mis-timed it, had unprotected sex and now here we are...

Last AF was 27th April, so I'm 5 weeks, 5 days and due on 1st February 2019 (according to the app I downloaded the other day).

Few symptoms, just a handful of positive pregnancy tests, plus I'm extremely tired, occasional cramping and (TMI) have more discharge than normal.

Awaiting call from local maternity unit (self-referral sucks) and have had to cancel a rather epic trekking holiday booked for next week, plus tame down my 30th birthday plans later this month... but none of it is worth the risk.

I'm happy, excited, confused, anxious and scared! All of the emotions!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you.

• Options

Welcome WMEO and congratulations! What a lovely surprise. How did your partner take the news? 
    Tamzin we are so sorry to read your news. Please do let us know if we can help point you in the direction of some supportive threads. WE'd be more than happy to help. 

• Options

Hi WMEO congratulations on your news. According to my app jm now 5 weeks 2 days so not far apart than yourself. I am feeling tired and off food but fingers crossed no sickness yet. I rang my loacal midwife team yesterday and they dont have an appointment for 2 weeks so its a waiting game now. This is a lively little chat and i think we will be a great support for each other over the next 9 months.charlotte x

• Options

Definitely! 

I'm 5 weeks 6 days so think am due about same time! Self referral sucks as does waiting lol.. 

My allergies are awful at the moment too so just waiting to find out what I can take ? I'm sneezing and blowing my nose so much it's not helping with my anxiety lol.. although I know it's fine but still lol xx

• Options

Yes i went to the doctors yesterday as i suffer really bad from hayfever and theres nothing i was allowed apart from eye drops wich i dnt find help at all.I feel like i have a full blown cold but i no its hayfever its so itchy and i get a really itchy throat aswell.looks like im hiding indoors for a while haha. I was also told to take vitamin d along side folic acid wich is a new one from my last child wich was only 3 years ago. So many things change in such little time. I feel really anxious this time im not sure if its because im slightly older now or the fact im not getting any symtoms and im usualy really sick( wich i shouldnt complain but it almost gives me reassurance ha). Xxx

• Options

Definitely.. mine come and go.. I like the feeling as it just reassures u something is going on. 

I went to boots in the end and they gave me a nose spray that has no steroids or antihistamines and actually says on the box it's safe for pregnant women..has helped so much.. it's prevalin allergy plus. 

I'm only taking folic acid.. probably wouldn't hurt to take vitamin d too.. did they say which ones to use?

Once you have your scan I think you will feel much better but it just seems like time has stopped haha xx  

• Options

Yes definatly.The doc said if i get a pregnancy vitamine like pregnacare it will have folic acid and vitamin d aswell so gokng to get that and will get the nose spray aswell thank you. Think i may book in for a private early scan somewhere as 3 weeks is along time to wait just want some reassurance now.

Xxx

• Options

Hi everyone,

DanielleMFM – thank you for your note. My partner has been as supportive and wonderful as anyone could have been in these circumstances. I was a particularly grumpy, tired and bloated bear last night and he was absolutely perfect. Long may that last!

Mummytofour and Leafirsttime – can’t wait to get to ‘know’ you more! It’s weird how you get the initial news… and then even if you have (some) symptoms you end up doubting whether it’s all real or not? I’m tempted to do another few tests, just to make sure!

I suffer from hayfever too, but thankfully it hasn’t been too bad the past few days. I’ve had a few headaches, but avoiding all manners of pills until I absolutely have to. I still feel insanely guilty putting bump under pressure for the first few weeks with my partying skills (a) didn’t have a CLUE I was pregnant and b) sod’s law it came at a time in our family with lots of birthdays and celebrations) so trying my best to be a healthy vessel for now!

Q: do either of you exercise? I’ve been a keen 5-10km runner for past few years, but have really struggled with distance and energy over past fortnight or so (now for obvious reasons). I told my mum about it last night and she was scandalised I wanted to carry on exercising throughout. I just can’t face not being able to go out and run/enjoy fresh air – but will definitely be listening to my body and taking it slow where necessary.

I also finally got hold of my local midwife team and apparently one of them will be in touch in the next 2 weeks to arrange a ‘paperwork’ appointment for between 8-10 weeks and when there we’ll arrange for the first scan at 12-14 weeks. That’ll be when it all starts to feel real!

• Options

I am a runner aswell WMEO and have actualy got a race for life on the 20th of june. If ypu have always been a runner then small runs are fine after 12 week they say in the first 12 to keep at  slow jog or power walk just to give ur body the best chance with growing a baby at that crucial stage. But as you have seen already you body will tell you when your doing too much.Ive fohnd excercise in pregnancy amazing and do believe it has led to great labours. It can only have positive affe ts if done right with guidance and listening to your body. 

I never fou d this chat with my other pregnancies and im so glad i have with this especialy at this stagr when its only my hubby and best friend that know.

Xx

• Options

Is anyone else still testing at 5 weeks? I cant help but keep checking the lines getting darker feel like im obessed but cant help it 🙈 xx

• Options

It's the same for my midwife appt..it feels so long away.. I have taken a few more tests this week and I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one who has kept testing lol I am a bit obsessed..eek. 

To try and help with this we have booked a private scan for the 18th.. so I think that's bound break up the scans and help with the anxiety.

I am pretty lazy Tbh so I can't help with the exercise bit but I think if u always have u should be fine.  Xx

• Options

Yeah i might book a private scan to ease my mind lol! My tests are really dark now control line seems so faint so i know everything is going well atm but so anxious something bad will happen so doing a test eases my mind lol xx

• Options

I need help, I’ve not long found out I was pregnant but I don’t know what todo, I feel like I’m getting pressured into making my decision and I don’t know what to think, what should I do? 

• Options

Amy Jayde, who/what is putting pressure on you? It's your decision to decide how to proceed. I hope we can help you process. 

• Options

Thanks girls - good luck with your pregnancies - hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you all xxx

• Options

Mummytofour – thank you for your running thoughts. Will definitely be taking more relaxed runs, but hoping not to let it go too much over next few months.

Lea – I was tempted to book in for an early scan, but think I’ll withhold for the time being. I did my final spare test this morning and I’d barely pulled the test from between my legs before the ‘pregnant’ line appeared, so I’m pretty confident I’m brewing something in there!

Amy – I know it’s easy to say (and I’m very much pot calling kettle black!) but try to relax and take a deep breath. Only you (+ possibly your partner) can make this decision and no one should be putting pressure on you to sway either way. Talk to us – and to people irl you can trust; we’re all here to help any which way we can.

• Options

I love this group already, im Going to book an early scan for in a few weeks theres a place near me that does them privately. i have to call the hospital maternity direct to ‘book’ in I’ll do that when I get home from my hol xx 

Hope everyone is feeling ok xx

• Options

Not been on in a bit glad to see more people have joined.

I am under considerable stress at the moment we’re moving house in a week, I hope, as we’ve still not exchanged. I got offered another job right at the time of conception (which obv I didn’t know) so handed in my notice in as I hate my current job. My current manager has been bullying and harassing me ever since to the point I’ve had to go off sick to which she kindly informed my new employer of as it states work related stress and now they want to have a meeting with me before they proceed further, so could end up unemployed. On top of that my last few days were supposed to be annual leave which had been approved and she has now cancelled them, which I don’t even though is legal but I have plans. Worried I may be unemployed and even if not because my new manager has got a bad impression of me I’d be scared to tell her I’m pregnant.

I can’t tell my partner as he’s super stressed about finances anyway and wasn’t happy I handed my notice in until I got an unconditional offer.

I had phoned the union about it and they are encouraging me to take action but can’t handle the stress.

My three previous pregnancies were miscarriages so i am trying to not got stressed but when everything’s going wrong hard not to. I’m having pains in leg, which is usually a sign for me and now I feel like I’m worried about harming our baby too.

Oh and as well this week had a car crash 🤦‍♀️ (Minor one)

Sorry for the rant just can’t talk with friends as they don’t know I’m pregnant.

• Options

Northerngal.....stop...breath hunni. Wow what a week. Ok i cant sit here and tell u not to stress and i am the biggest stresser and had/having a rough 6months. All i cant say is i have learned to just cope with the things i cannot change at that moment in time. Take each things as it comes and deal with it the best you can.no amount of stress will change anything itll only make u feel worse. So yes i still stress but i try and find the calm and also talk to your partner as much as you may be worried talking is the best thing and saves you holding it all in.

Your new employer has empoyed you for a reason so be honest with them, honesty is best but im also certain your old employer shouldnt of told them that as its confidential. 

Xxxxx