Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Em1188, my midwife said that counting fetal movements was not a good way to check to see if everything is ok until 26 weeks or something.  That is when most people start to notice a regular pattern and baby isn't sleeping quite so much.  However, she told me when I get that far along, if I think there might be a change, drink a glass of juice to wake baby up, then lie down and count the movements.  So long as I get up to 6 in less than 2 hours, then baby is probably doing ok!  You could try that test before heading to the hospital?

I've never heard of sneezing hurting a baby, but make sure that you are drinking plenty of fluids!

I would say too though, if you are feeling like something might be wrong, it is better to go to the hospital to get checked out. Better safe than sorry!

• Options

Hello. Do you want to be in with a shot of winning a £200 Aldi voucher? Just come and tell us what you get up to for Hallowe’en on this thread! 🎃

• Options

I know I may be overreacting but I’ve not felt a single kick since around this time yesterday. What should I do? Is there anything I can do to bring a few kicks on? Should I call the hospital? 

• Options

Take a cold or hot or fizzy drink and lie silently on your left side otherwise please call for advise hope all is ok x

• Options

I had 36 hrs with no movement i was very stressed with things going on and once i relaxed i ate some ice cream and i felt movements. X

• Options

Thanks both for replying. I was in total panic mode eatlier! I’ve had a calmer evening and had a relaxing bath & such... I’ve not had any kicks but I can certainly feel movement so I’m feeling a little reassured now!! Xx

• Options

Hi everyone hope everyone okay!

seems a bit quiet on here so thought be interesting to compare measurements from our 20 weeks scan 😁! 

Mine was

HC 175mm

AC 150mm

Femur 31.3mm

EFW 325g

EFW 0.11oz

take care everyone xxx

• Options

I love this idea Sophiemarie32. I’ll post mine when I find my folder :/

• Options

Has anyone had gestational diabetes? I dont but came up borderline so want to watch my diet now xx 

• Options

Sophiemarie mine were

hc 170

fl 29

crb 20

ac 154

and that’s all I have!

firsttimemum - I’ve not had mine yet but I’m high risk so will wait and see!

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you all doing today? Any of you got half term with the kids? 

• Options

Hello everyone, 

joined briefly a few weeks ago but had a few issues with logging in, but I am back now! 

Due Feb 12th, no idea what I am having, looking forward to the surprise!

• Options

It's my first time so not off for school term. Am debating how soon to finish work. Bit worried about travelling in bad weather during January and do have annual leave I can take to finish at Xmas but bit worried that 5 weeks off before due date is a bit much. I'm pretty anxious about everything ☹ I've not been able to sense a regular pattern of movement at 25 wks and last night it had been hours and I spent ages wiggling and drinking water and playing music trying to get some movement. I just don't know what's normal. It doesn't help that my mum is worse than me. I don't see her often and 3 months of not seeing her and she bought me up an article about group b strep and how babies can die of it but tests aren't offered on the nhs and some persons traumatic story. I swear she's trying to make me the most paranoid pregnant person on the planet. Has anyone else come across this or been tested for it? Hope you're all feeling quite relaxed and enjoying the growing bumps xx

• Options

As a first timer myself it's really worrying, I have had regular movement since 18 weeks now 25 weeks i was in hospital last week for reduced movement but turned out everything is fine after heartbeat monitor, it's just awful when you are not sure what to and what not to expect, I'm not sure about strep b as I don't know much about it. X

• Options

Sorry Em I don’t know about strep.

I had a couple of days where I felt less movements but she’s back to keeping me away at night again!

i feel rotten! feel fuzzy head, headaches, dizzy, dh keeps saying hes never seen me look so pale... I’m not sure if it’s lack of sleep last night or something else but it’s been getting worse. Midwife appointment isnt for another 3 weeks...

any suggestions?

• Options

Hi ladies! 

I’ve not heard anything about strep but Ill defo ask next week at my 24 week app about it. 

I ended up at the hospital last week due to reduced movement. I literally had 3 days where I felt absolutely nothing.. it was terrifying! 

I work in a special school and im off for half term next week. I cannot wait- I’m exhausted 😴 . Is anyone else feeling super tired? 

• Options

Em1188, group B strep is one of the things that is regularly screened for in Canada.  My understanding is that it is usually not an issue unless your water breaks long before baby is born.  I have a friend that is positive for it, and she told me that if her water breaks and she doesn't deliver the baby within a certain number of hours they either do an emergency c-section and/or give her and baby antibiotics just to be safe.  It is potentially a serious complication, but from what I understand the chances of your baby developing a serious complication is relatively low.

MrsBeeL, sorry to hear that you are having a tough time.  I wonder how your iron level is doing?  Feeling crummy and being pale are also signs of low iron or low blood pressure.  If it is just a cold or something, you should be feeling better in a week.  If not, I would call your midwife / doctor to get checked out just in case.

SmanfaX, I am a teacher too and feel exhausted!  I was originally planning on working until my due date, now I'm wondering if I can make it to Christmas!

• Options

I'm strep b positive xx 

• Options

Thanks Carolinethekeebler. I did wonder about iron as i am just soooo tired.

hows everyone doing with chosing a name?

• Options

I was told yesterday at a birthing class run by a retired midwife that strep b positive Mums in the UK go through birth as normal and are given IV antibiotics during labour (takes a matter of minutes) and baby is given some at birth. You can still breastfeed after the antibiotics and if you’re positive you might not actually be at birth but it’s a precaution with current medical view being best be safe than sorry.  

I’ve not been tested but I would take the antibiotics if I needed to if it turns out I am positive and definitely let baby have them (prevents sepsis etc if Mum is positive on delivery). 

The biggest problem is if you were planning on a home birth, that may not be do-able anymore. 

It isnt routinely tested for as you may be positive today but not when baby is born or vice versa. Also if you are (unknowingly) positive on baby’s birth the likelihood of baby becoming poorly is still small and could act quick enough to prevent anything serious. 

I may be wrong on some parts there but my midwife agreed with my birthing class leader and that if anyone is positive for strep b please don‘t panic. 

Obviously check with your midwife for your advice but as much as I’d rather not be found positive if tested, its also not something that would unduly worry me unless my consultant said otherwise. 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions