Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

On a lighter note we’ve chosen the name! Its his family name and then my Dads name as his middle name. I would prefer to give him his own name but this is a non-negotiable with my OH and I knew this years before we decided to have children so I can’t suddenly complain 🤣 

• Options

Haven't been here for a while. Officially 24 weeks now but movements is not as strong as I was expecting (and no stronger than 3/4 weeks ago) and no real pattern. The fact we moved house and it was a pretty stressful time may have to do with it.

Because it is our first I am not sure what is normal and what is not. My placenta isn't at the front which makes me thing it should be much stronger now. If there is a bit of movement then does that mean the baby is fine?

We have set up on a name for our little one, it will be Jasper :) I know it's controversial and many people don't like it (or tell me it's cat name etc...) but both OH and I like it and it all that matters to us now.

Now we moved I can start thinking about buying baby stuff. Have you all started to buy essentials?

• Options

We've decided on a girls name, well we decided on that a couple years ago, but really stumped on boys names, we would both like the middle name to be william as thats my dads middle name and it was his dads. Ive been having the occasional strong kick, so much so hubby has felt it. We moved about 3 weeks ago, we've started buying bits and bobs, been given a cot which I would like to freshen up, its just finding the right paint  and now put some wipes or nappies in each week with the shop. 

• Options

Im 25wk2 days and christmas is tsking over my baby buying. I get far too carried away with christmas and when im laying down at night i realise i need to buy baby bits. We have the main big items,cot moses basket,pram and car seat. I get movements mainly at night i dnt stop ling enough in the day to feel anything and some nights ill fall asleep before i feel movements. We like a few names just cant pin one down, this happened with our last baby and we couldnt name her until she was 6 hrs old and we had soent some time with her and then it just clicked. My first daughter we had a name for her the whoke pregnancy and when she arrived it just didnt suit her at all and chose something completely different. For our boy we like Arthur, jasper and eric. Very different, we like old or nit common names.

Xxx

• Options

I love the name Jasper! It’s one of the names I‘d pick if I had more of a choice! 

• Options

Mary58 we have almost everything already!!! Nursery is nearly complete just need curtains! 

We’re having a nappy shower for a baby shower so won’t buy nappies until we see what we have then but I’ve been buying wipes and things for a while so we have a decent stock!

my Midwife said the baby doesn’t settle into a kicking pattern for ages yet so as long as you’re still feeling movement I wouldn’t worry too much...

We have a few names we are “trying out” for a few days each name to see how they sit... but maybe I should keep the shortlist here and see how they fit like you say mummytofour  she’s born. 

• Options

Hi Girls, 

Think we are getting there with our purchases also. However I’m am really stumped with baby monitors, there isn’t 1 or 2 that stand out online and every review website is contradicting. Think we would like one that we can both connect to our iPhones. Do any of you have any recommendations? 

Also how are you all getting on with weight gain. I’m due Feb 26th so one of the last on here. At 17 weeks I hadn't put on any weight and now at 22 weeks I have gained 4kg.

xx

• Options

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased furniture and pushchaire, car seat etc but not put any of it together yet - due 6th Feb.

We aren't expecting gifts but are going to wait until after Christmas to buy everything else because family have suggested they may get us things and hopefully some other things will crop up in January sales.

In terms of names we couldn't really agree on any boy ones and now we have about 10 boy and 10 girl ones that are possible and we need to make a much shorter list so we aren't overwhelmed with the decision at birth. Agree with mummytofour though and plan to keep 2 or 3 for each in case one just no longer feels right when we meet them!!

I didn't put on any weight in first 19 weeks and then I suddenly gained it. So I've now put on 14lbs over the last 6-7weeks so a couple of lbs a week. I think I was just catching up with myself and am hoping there is only about another stone to go as the aches and pains have been awful. Got really bad cramps and thigh pain and pelvis cracks, it's not pleasant but it's so exciting to now be able to feel a bump and movement. 

• Options

Ps thanks for everyone's thoughts about strep B. I think I may get the test for 35 weeks and see if it's positive. I think I'd rather check and take the antibiotics if so than know there is a small risk which I could have avoided even if it is small and NHS don't think it's worth offering everyone. It seems like other countries do so that gives me even more reason to. X

• Options

Hey bunnymum. I’m due same day and my weight gain is slowing. Put on 12lbs in first trimester as I had to eat carbs every hour to stop myself throwing up! midwife said not to worry about it at all but since 2nd trimester weight gain has slowed and I’m now only 3lbs above the recommended weight. Basically- as long as you’re putting on now I don’t think you should worry! Every one is different and every pregnancy is different!

i might be wrong here but... I really don’t want to get a baby monitor!!! I think it will make me paranoid if I don’t see or hear anything on it and I think it’ll be so new and novel to me that I’ll check in on her enough... am I going to be a bad mum?!?!

• Options

MrsBeeL, gosh no you won’t be a bad mum. Everyone is different. I actually haven’t even thought about not having one as thought it was a ’must have’. But I agree it would also make me paranoid. I think that why a smart one on my phone would be great so it can be there if I want to look. Where as carrying around a monitor as well as your phone would just make me look all the time. 

I didn’t get weighed at my 16 week appointment, so hopefully my midwife will let me know what she thinks of my weight gain at my 24 week appointment. Im happy for her to tell me to eat more 🙈😂

• Options

We've picked three baby names one is really unusual but think we might just go for it.

After all if an adult judges a child over a name it says more about them than anyone else. How you can be so narrow minded as to stereotype a child of its name it's laughable. So I think if you both like the name go for it.

Nursery is half done and all the furniture's we have ordered is pre order until the end of November which works out well.

• Options

Go for it northerngal! 

I just bought some maternity pjs because mine were not sitting right and oh my goodness I may never take them off!

• Options

Once I put on my first maternity clothes I was totally hooked. I went from feeling like a cow to a goddess image

• Options

Which maternity pjs did you get? I can’t find any that don’t cost a fortune but is it worth it? 

Our name is very unusual as well. He’ll definitely be the only child even in high school with his name 😂 it’s nice though every does say it’s nice when I tell them (unless they’re just being kind 😂😂)

• Options

Bjrg I got them from Asda George! They were about £15 and purpley with black stars. I’m usually a 10-12 but got 12-14 as they were out of stock and I didn’t want to wait and they’re a little loose on me so would say they’re true to size. 

• Options

Thank you! 

• Options

Hi everyone,

We've only just moved into a new flat, so baby's room is currently a dumping ground for boxes. We're hoping to have it decorated and ready for around Christmas - unless we risk it and try and get the furniture in the January sale...!

We don't know the sex and have a few names in mind, but haven't told anyone them in case they make a face. We'd rather they kept their opinions to themselves! We're tending towards fairly traditional names, although we've already vetoed anything beginning with 'A', 'C' or 'L' (our initials/surname) and in the top 20 popular names. 

With regards to how things are progressing, I had a midwife appointment on Friday which went well. They're going to start measuring me from the next one, but I asked whether she thought my bump was on the large size (I feel so huge!) but she said that I looked absolutely fine for my frame and timings. Heartbeat was strong, my blood pressure is perfect and wee was good. All in, a very nice appointment! 

We've also felt the baby kick from the surface for the first time! I have an anterior placenta so at our 20 week scan they warned I might not feel movement as early as others, but I've been feeling flutters since about 17 weeks. Last night was the first time I could feel it at the surface, though. We were watching a film and I was lying half on my side (with a little bit of gas :P) when all of a sudden there was a popping sensation on my right side. At first I thought it was just a weird gas thing, but it kept popping randomly and I suddenly realised that it was probably baby. Grabbed my partner's hand and told him to concentrate and he could feel it too! I don't know if baby then sensed our joy/excitement because for the next 20 minutes or so, they were tap dancing! It was such an awe-inspiring feeling. I figured I probably wouldn't feel much for another few days (understand that at 26 weeks, it will still come and go for a little while), but they've just been kicking again while I'm sat at my desk at work. 

Sorry to go on about it, but it's just so incredible and it's definitely made it feel a heck of a lot more real now! 

Hope everyone is okay and had a good weekend x

• Options

WMEO it’s amazing isn’t it? I have an anterior placenta too but definately got a kicker! She has dance parties - I’m sure of it!

insomnia and munchies at 4am for me right... gah!

• Options

Hi everyone: for those with an anterior placenta, any chance you can help this member on this thread please? She has one too. 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions