Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in January 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2017

Replies

• Options

Congratulations supermom 

Ugh iv had a horrible time these past few days with lower GI problems after I eat i get stomach cramps and have to run to the bathroom. I have ibs and this pregnancy seems to be getting the better of it.

• Options

Hiya supermum254 - welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations! Is this your first?

• Options

Congratulations supermum :-)

oh dear Highhopes, hope that clears soon and you feel better. Our bodies just don't seem to know what has hit them at the moment!

we went out for dinner and told my husband's family this evening, there were so many happy tears and nobody had expected it! Flying high on cloud nine at the moment, and to top it off we are going to the zoo tomorrow!

sugarandspice and everybody else, how are you getting on at the moment? X

• Options

Congrats supermum! 

How was your scan Emma?

That sounds unpleasant Highhopes. 

So pleased for you Bunny! It must have been lovely to tell them. Now it's sunk in   a bit more, I'm not as nervous about telling my parents but actually really looking forward to it. Roll on Saturday!

I have been feeling a bit lightheaded and tired again today. Not as sick but I had to eat something as soon as I woke up and I don't normally do that. The last few days have been quite busy with various appointments so I'm looking forward to just chilling out tomorrow, maybe going to the gym and doing some writing.

• Options

Hi everyone, we've just started a new thread about Babymoons - do come and tell us if you've had one, or what you think of them, right over here on this new thread. Thanks!

• Options

Hello all

We found out a couple of weeks ago I was pregnant. Am 7 weeks on Saturday so still ages to go until the scan- we don't have a date yet. I had an early mc in April so we were surprised to conceive the month after straight away and are trying not to get too excited this time.

Think I'll feel much better when we can have a scan and just see everything is ok. I've been feeling a bit sicky, but mostly in the afternoon/evening. I struggle to think of something I fancy for dinner and could quite happily eat crisps instead (when I don't feel quite as sick). Apart from the super sore boobs I don't really have any other symptoms so hoping everything is ok.

congrats to all who have had early scans and have gorgeous photos of your little beans :)

• Options

Hiya Hels11, congratulations! We're so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, and are wishing you the stickiest of beans. It can be so hard to relax into pregnancy having had a msc, but remember, everyone has different symptoms - I like you only ever had burning boobs - didn't really believe it til that first scan either! Have you thought about an early scan?

Lovely to have you here!

• Options

Hey Hels11, : ) 

Welcome to the site an a massive congratulations on you're wonderful news!! <3

So sorry to hear about you're miscarriage an just like Danielle said wishing you a very sticky bean <3  

Love & Hugs

x x x 

• Options

^Forgot to say hope everyone well!!  : ) 

x x x

• Options

Hi Hels and congrats!

I'm the same as you with symptoms - I have some but not others, and don't particularly have sickness (but then don't really have sore boobs either!). My main ones have been tiredness and on-and-off lightheadedness - the latter makes me feel slightly sick in a woozy sort of way but nothing that makes me want to not eat. In fact, I have been starving and want to eat more than usual!

It is making me a bit paranoid to be honest, and I agree with you that I'll be reassured as soon as I have had a scan. I think I'm about 6 weeks but don't really know yet.

• Options

Congrats SugarAndSpice85. Fingers crossed all is good for you too. Some symptoms definitely sounds like a positive thing, but it's so hard to be reassured at this stage.

Thanks Mummy2Roo and DanielleMFM. I hadn't thought about a private scan before you mentioned it- just had it in my head that we couldn't get one through NHS so we were just going to have to wait. I've found a local centre and booked an early scan for Monday when I will be 7 weeks 2 days, so hopefully they will see all the right things and put our minds at rest

• Options

That's a really good idea Hels. I did know you could get them as a friend of mine got obsessed and paid for about 5 extra during the course of her pregnancy!

I hope it goes well. I did consider it but I think I'm going to wait as my GP said I should get mine for within the next 3 weeks. I feel so impatient but hopefully the time will pass quickly! 

I had another lightheaded / sicky spell last night and woke up with sore nipples  (well, one sore nipple - the other appears to be fine!) this morning, so I'm feeling a bit better now.

• Options

hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group, im 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant today!

Btw quick question, and tell me if im being crazy! I've been noticing for the last three days that my belly sort of pops out at certain times of the day, most of the time i just look chubby but for example last night my stomach went hugeee and i showed a pic to my sister in law and she said she thinks i could of got my dates mixed up because i looked about 16 weeks pregnant?  ive been researching and noticed that most women are barely showing or not showing at all at 10 weeks so why is my belly going noticebly huge?

Thanks, x

• Options

help!! 

Had my scan today thinking I was about 7 weeks due to clear blue I took a couple weeks ago.  But they said it only looks about 5 weeks and there was no yolk sac! They're weren't very helpful tbh  

is this normal??!! I'm so scared now. And have another scan next Friday to see if anythings changed? 

Please get back to me, I'm freaking out 

• Options

Hey hmainb, : ) 

congrats on you're wonderful news!! <3 

It could be possible that you are further gone then you actually think you are. 

When I had my Son I was very slim an I showed very early (12 weeks) so its perfectly normal to have a little bump or bloatedness. 

Or... Maybe you have 2 in there (twins)  ; )

x x x

• Options

Hey Christina, <3 

Awww I'm sorry to hear you are going through worry. 

I have heard LOADS of stories of women saying that they went for an early scan an was unable to see anything until the 6/7 week mark an was told to come back. 

I know it must be so hard not to worry but please try not to!! 

I'm pretty sure everything is ok an it's just early an your little bean is hiding.. 

Preganany is such a stressful time.. even today I have been starting to worry because it's the first evening where I havent felt like I've wanted pass out from feeling nausous. 

x x x

• Options

Mummy2roo thankyou so much for replying 

it really is such a magic yet stressful time. my symptoms are still pretty strong. And are getting more intense each day which im seeing as a positive sign. 

I was just so disappointed not to hear a heartbeat as I was convinced I was 7 weeks at least. Can the clear blues be wrong ?

it is worrying when your symptoms disappear but that too is completely normal ! I'm sure your sickness will be back with avengence tmorrow morning!!  its just all so worrying xx

• Options

Us Mummy to be's gotta stick together hun!! <3 

All tho clearblue give a weeks estimate I wouldn't take them them as a serious estimate. (Just a rough guide) 

I had my booking apt the last week an the midwife said to me that many women she see's for their first booking apt tend to be a little further behind then they thought they are. (Nothing wrong.. Just a little behind.. give or take a week) 

I would say that this quite possibly the case with you.. 

I also would say that the fact you are still having symptoms is a very good sign <3 

x x x

• Options

Welcome hmainb!

Christina and mummy2roo - I think everyone worries about something when they are pg - it's hard not to! My worry has been my lack of symptoms - I have felt mildly queasy a few times but nothing terrible, and my nipples are a bit sore but - again - nothing that bad. Even though I know not everyone gets symptoms, and not everyone who gets them gets them this early, I still can't help being worried! It's stupid really as my tests have been strong and I've had no bleeding or pain or anything, but I just want a scan really! I think it freaks me out because the handful of people who know keep asking things like, "So how many times have you thrown up?" and I'm like "What? None! Should I be?!"

So I can see why you're both concerned but I'm sure you're both fine. Christina, you're prob just a bit behind where you thought, like mummy2roo said.

Hope the rest of you are good - I'm telling my parents today so a bit nervous!

• Options

Good luck with telling your parents SugarAndSpice85- and I agree with the worry about the lack of symptoms some days. Some days I poke my boobs at regular intervals just to check they are still sore!

Christina- I agree with the other comments. I've seen loads of posts on forums where people weren't quite as far along as they thought so you will naturally be worried but I'm sure it's fine. Hopefully your little bean will be a bit less shy at your next scan on Friday.