Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in July 2015!

Replies

• Options

Saw my doctor today (apparently have to see her before getting a midwife appointment). Have now been booked in to see mw but not until 18th December!  Long old wait for me then! Thought ms had started this week but turned out to be a horrid tummy bug (oh the joys of a toddler attending nursery with sick bugs and colds flying around everywhere due to the time of year!).  Feeling better now thank goodness.  Horrid 24 hours!

Sheen - from memory I think you will be sent an appointment through the post for your 12 week scan 

xxx

• Options

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Sorry to hear you've not been well x

• Options

Hello sheen - nice to see you found us on the new site!

Sorry to hear you're feeling sick. Yuk!

Hope it all goes well on Monday for you. So come and let us know!

• Options

Usually you see your midwife for the booking in appointment (which is really long and all about family history etc) and they also take some bloods and check your urine (get used to peeing in a pot - they check it every time you see the midwife) and then they contact the hospital who post out your scan date. 

I had a call from the midwife on Tuesday to book my booking in appt, but then I rang them back as realised I had to work, got their answer phone service and left a message. Apparently they call back in 24 hours but I hadn't heard anything by Thurs midday so I called and left another message and still haven't heard anything. It's not giving me much faith in the local midwifery services! When I had DD we were down in Cornwall and the community midwives down there are absolute angels - think I was a bit spoilt the first time. 

I've also got an appt with the cardiologist for early january because I have heart condition - really hoping that it isn't going to be an issue during pregnancy or prevent me from having the home birth I really want....!

• Options

So the news is gradually sinking in and DH is kinda getting used to it... Kicking myself as i have literally 2/3 months ago sold all of my baby stuff on ebay clothes pram cot the works.......Suppose I should think about speaking to the dr....Still not told anybody and still resolved to not telling family until after scan...Im doing ok just tired - I was battered with morning sickness with my other 2 (Well actually the pregnancies aggravated a gluten intolerance I was previously unaware of and I was very poorly) Im pretty sure if I was eating gluten I would still feel as awful as the previous 2...maybe something for others to think about... but beware - its in everything!

• Options

How are all you lovely lady's doing :) . My work pants are a bit too snug now, tried putting them in this morning and I could zip them up 😊😊😊

• Options

Just found out I am in the very early stages of pregnancy. This will be our 2nd and so excited!

I am more anxious this time round as it's something we gave been planning, honestly I am panicking over every twinge and small spotting! Has anyone else been like thus with their 2nd ?

Congrats to all the new mums to be xx

• Options

Congratulations Melanie and welcome to the group!! I know how you feel, i was like that with my 1st 2nd and 3rd! Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy! :)

• Options

Hiya Melanie I have been the same as you feeling very anxious . Didn't have any implant bleeding but my doctor said that's fine. In work last week I had bad back pain on one side and going round the the bottem of my belly I was so worried. I was going to the toilet every half an hour to make sure there was no bleeding but thank god everything  was fine and the pain went any by lunch time. keep in thinking should I get another test just to make sure it's still true as  we have been trying for just over a year. But I have been assured that because I took 2 clear blue digital tests on different days and both come out as 1-2 weeks and took 2 normal cheap ones I am deffo preganant lol. Can not wait till my firsts an on the 13th of Januar. more excited over that than iam christmas ☺️☺️☺️☺️

• Options

good morning - nice to see some more ladies joining us ... hope everyone feeling as good as can be x

Can anybody offer any advice - this is my 3rd time around.. I was very poorly with my first 2 but this one I seem to have been lucky enough to dodge the sickness ...still getting exaggerated hormonal migraines which I've had for many years...but I've started having night sweats and they are wiping me out...does anybody else have any experience of minimising symptoms or any ideas to help?? - I'm waking up at least twice a night freezing and soaking - its really not nice :( - I have always really needed my sleep and more so now and having to get up to shower and change half asleep is not good :(    xx

• Options

Good morning lovely, the past week I have been so hot I have had to strip down at home I get told off because I turn the heating off even in work I get so hot I end up sitting by the window. Of a night I open my widows because other wise I am like you I get all hot and sweaty xx

• Options

Hi Liz, its horrible isn't it... but I don't have it through the day - im freezing during the day constantly wearing 3/4 layers and have a hot water bottle on my legs in work!  its like my internal thermostat has lost the plot! :S x

• Options

Should I be worrie. Had a bit of loving with my partner last night and now iam bleeding but it's only a little tiny bit. I don't have any pain at all. But when I go the loo and when I wipe it's there but as I say only a tiny bit

• Options

Hey Liz - I'm pretty sure it is all sounding normal - as long as there is no cramping with it - think last time I was told can last up to 3 days after intercourse - apparently there are lots more blood vessels and cervix can be swollen - just take it easy but if it carries on and your worried best to speak to dr. x

• Options

Hiya I have been reading up on it and you are right it is normal after intercourse.  I will keep my eye on it and call the docs in a couple of days ☺️ 

• Options

Re: the bleeding, I would call the midwife and check anyway - especially if it's your first pregnancy. It depends on your blood group but if you are rhesus negative then you have to have an anti-d injection after any falls or any bleeding whatsoever, no matter how minor.

It was the bane of my first pregnancy lol. 

I had very few symptoms in my first pregnancy, no sickness, a little bit tired and needing to wee a bit more but that was it. Everything was fine. This time around I'm feeling far more sick, have actually been sick a couple of times which was unheard of last time, and tiredness is horrendous. But then I think that's also running around after a toddler. She's cutting 4 teeth at once at the moment so is waking in the night and everything which is proving hard as I'm on my own at the moment.

My hubby is military but he is moving home permanently next weekend thank god, he's been living away for the past year so I absolutely can't wait to have his support again - especially with being pregnant.

• Options

Hiya I called the midwife this evening and she said because I did the deed last night . I have most probably burst some blood vessels and not to worry because iam not getting any abdominal pains She also said because iam not passing any clots it's more than likely to be that Because I haven't had any bleeding at all since my last period which was 21st October. She said if it continues by Tuesday call her back 

• Options

got an early scan tomorrow at 2:30. Just taken two cheap tescos tests and I got two lines in both of them 

• Options

Hi all! 

I am due the 17th July 2015 (going from my last period) I have been on the midwife waiting list from 4 weeks and still not got an appointment or had a phonecall etc. I m/c in September and seemed to have conceived straight after so am slightly anxious this time round.

I have a 4 and a half year old little girl. Currently in the throws of morning/all day sickness (the joys!)

I find taking ginger tablets helps me get through the day.

Congratulations to everyone!