Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in July 2015!

Replies

• Options

Hiya and congratulations :D. Iam off for an early scan today because I have been bleeding since having intercourse with my partner  Saturday night. But before all of that I went to my go as soon as I found out and I wasn't due my first scan untill 13th January. 

• Options

Em Surprise BFP - I also suffer from migraines.  They were dreadful when I was pregnant with my son back in 2012 (migraine plus nausea/morning sickness is a horrid combination!).  This time around I am not feeling so sick but have been getting more migraines again.  It is awful because I don't think there is much you can take for it apart from paracetamol.  Don't you if you are the same as me but paracetamol does absolutely nothing for migraines! 

Liz Brown - how did your scan go today? 

xxx

• Options

Hi Smithy4, congrats on your BFP. Never heard of the ginger tablets trick before - that's a great tip! Understandably you're anxious, why not give your midwife a nudge - you might be able to have an early scan. Please keep us posted.

Liz Brown2 - really hope your scan went well today and all is ok - please do let us know. 

Hi BEACHDREAMER - are you allowed to alternate ibuprofen and paracetemol for your migraines? Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Options

Hiya lady's scan came up with nothing in there :/ but here is the confusing bit. I did a clear blue digital today and it shown 1-2 weeks when I did a pee test in the hospital it came up as negative so they did a blood test and it came up as positive. The nurse said because I was bleeding it should have flushed the hormone out because I was only 6-7 weeks got to go back Thursday to get more blood done. And to top it off I have stopped bleeding although it was never heavy and no blood clots. I have a clear blue test that I haven't  used so I might use that on Thursday morning Before my blood test in the afternoon 

• Options

Hi Liz Brown2, so sorry to hear what you're going through, this must be so worrying for you. We really hope the blood tests go ok on Thursday. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

• Options

I was upset when she couldn't see any sign of a pregnancy but when the nurse called with the blood tests she wasn't sure on what was going on. Xx

• Options

How are you doing Liz Brown2? 

I've got my dating scan next week. I'm due either end of June or early July. I'm in the June group but may be joining you all so thought I'd pop on over and say hi!

xx

• Options

How are things Liz Brown2? 

Ive been in and out of A and E this week. I have a heart condition, previously no symptoms but since getting pregnant I've been breathless and feeling palpitations. On weds I started getting chest pain and thought I was having a heart attack! But everything was fine after 6 hours in a and e and lots of tests. Then on Thursday I started bleeding and the doctor was concerned the pregnancy was ectopic. Thankfully they sent me for a scan today and everything is fine 😊. Saw little babas heart beating away and I'm actually 9 weeks so a bit further on than they thought. Due 17th July now 😊

• Options

Hi, 

hope you dont mind me joining! I'm due 20th of July!! Finding it hard to be excited as I'm so nervous everything will be ok. I had a scan at 6 weeks due to cramping and light bleeding, everything was fine and saw the heart beating. 

My next scan is the 14th of January, it can't come quick enough!! I have loads of symptoms very sore boobs and feel sick nearly all day, I just try to graze during the day as big meals turn my stomach! I'm still getting the odd cramps but have been told it's growing pains as it's my first. 

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months! 

• Options

A warm welcome to you Fifi4 and congratulations!

MrsHunt110611, we hope you're doing ok - sounds like you've been having a  tough time of it, but it must have been nice to have that early scan, though terrifying too. Hang in there!

• Options

I'm due around the end of July with my very first ^_^ I'm so excited! But a little nervouse too as we recently moved to the area (didn't even get unpacked before the morning sickness started in earnest) and I don't have any local friends that I can turn to for advice and support.

• Options

You know what they say, amoangelus, 'new house new baby'! I was the same with my first and you make friends at baby groups xxx

• Options

Welcome to the club amoangelus! As LoujaOs83 says, baby groups are a great place to meet other new mums, and maybe antenatal classes too. Hope you get unpacked and settled soon!

• Options

Haha yeah it's actually amazing timing. I lost my job (company is being liquidated) so we moved closer to my family and his work (and his family too to a degree) and went for a three bedroom house as we've both got expansive hobbies and require a room for them, but we wanted space for a nursery and then blam a couple of weeks later I take a test and I'm six weeks into pregnancy lol

• Options

Congratulations Smithy, Fifi4 and amoangelus and Welcome x

Smithy4 wishing you a sticky one this time around x

Fifi4 hope the nausea improves for you

amoangelus - where abouts are you - you may be near one of us? I'm Formby Liverpool x

Liz - Are you ok? Have been thinking about you xx sending best wishes lovely xx

Mrs Hunt – hope you have settled after your scare - how are you doing now? x

LoujaOs – Congrats on your pregnancy! How did the dating scan go? Whens the baba due? x

Beachdreamer – A fellow sufferer - you have my sympathies – I get an aura before my migraine (ranging from absolute confusion, flashing lights and pins and needles that travels from fingers up my arms in my neck/throat/mouth/teeth and face) – if I realise and catch it early enough a dose of paracetamol can stop it from progressing - a quiet half hour and I’m good to go … but if I don’t I’m stuck for the day…

I had a small blip about a week and a half ago but at the time I feared I had turned a corner I wouldn’t come back from! (sorry about the am-dram) I was feeling a bit dodgy as I pulled up outside the mil's house, I opened the car door and re-acquainted myself with the projectile vomiting that has been notably absent from this pregnancy...thank god it was dark and she didn't see (still not told anybody im pg!) and thank god for the constant supply of my fizzy water I have the need to transport everywhere with me...helped to wash away the evidence :/ ...as it turns out it was a one off... but still keeping fx!  My bowel is definitely more sensitive and has bloated making me look a lot more pregnant than I am (well than Im thinking I am!)  So I have finally been to the doctor and I’m waiting to hear from the midwife to be booked in and when the first scan will be – it will still be magic 3rd time around :) … I managed to pick up a 2nd hand Doppler from Ebay a couple of weeks ago and as I have had a massive amount of time on my hands yesterday morning (had to ring in sick because of a head cold from nowhere (and still off now)), anyway I’m pretty sure I found babas heart beat!! Was fleeting maybe 20 seconds of it before I lost it but it was much faster than mine and lovely to hear :)

Sorry about epic post - been having tech problems - H&H pregnancies to you all x

• Options

Yay, you managed to post Em suprise bfp! We've just replied to your mail to us with loads of questions but it looks like you've worked out what was going wrong without our help? Obvs, do please mail us back if there's anything else you need to ask!

And poor you with the projectile vomiting! Well done on the quick evidence obliterating!

• Options

Thanks Helen - I've tried to reply to email - but I cant!! think head cold mixed with baby brain = complete technophobe :/ ...that or I need a new computer! xx

• Options

Arf! Know just how you feel (and I can't blame being pregnant!)

The main thing, though, is that you can post now - which is brill. Welcome back!

• Options

Em Surprise bfp - scan was today - I'm due 29th June and all is well-  so should be in the June group but nobody talks in there so may just stay with you girls xxx

• Options

Awww how exciting!!! Will you be finding out what you are having? is it your first? You may go over a couple of days anyhow xxx