Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2016 - Part 4

Replies

• Options

What size are they? id never hear the end of it if it was my family haha families will always get involved in everything X 

• Options

That must be annoying! I've always brought myself and my son things that wanted and no one moaned but even if they did they know it wudnt make a diff I'll spend my money on what I want to spend it on. Me and oh say as long as bills are paid and food in the house n petrol in my car etc then that's all that matters. I don't moan at him n he doesn't moan at me ha bonus x

• Options

imageyep jwebster i know exactly what you mean , my OH side doing th exact same thing and i dont see the problem with it .

its YOUR baby , its YOUR money and its YOUR choice, so it doesnt really concern them at all lol. i think people just like to voice opinions 

like am planning a family holiday for next year and it happens that whilst we are away it will be his first birthday so i said of course im bringing his presents so he can open them (im a FTM  after a miscarriage and really want everyday to be special for him) and got told to sit down and got lectured as to how i shouldnt even celebrate his birthday as it isnt important as he wont remember and they wont give him anything until later and i should listen to them as their opinion overrules me as i am 'just the mother' (exactly how they put it)

the way i see it nothing is ever gonna be good enough for our babies we want the best for them so who cares how much we spend. i am looking into getting designer trainers and jogging outfit for him (but getting yelled at that i know nothing and babies are born and shouldnt have shoes)

• Options

A size 17 claire2015 up 2 age 6 months I put a pic soon just woke up from a sleep our family's moan at everything we do since I had  oldest he is 12 I don't care I tell them it's our money we buy wat we want I allways said down 2 jelouse thing I think x

• Options

imageimage

• Options

Toobeautiful that's so sad as well as all the stress you're under as well! How can people be so mean? Tell them that you just want to celebrate it the two of you with your son and as its his first and 'doesn't matter' then they shouldn't be bothered that you are away!! Once you get to that point though you can't even be bothered to answer them because it's just so silly not to celebrate your own child's first birthday. My son had a Winnie the Pooh party and I made his cake and put up decorations everywhere it was lovely and a one year old actually has loads of fun at their own party especially playing with balloons and everyone making a fuss of them! Don't doubt yourself you're doing the best for your baby! 

Jwebster just ignore them it is jealousy at the end of the day my dad and bro were laughing at me because we bought an expensive buggy saying we were thick etc I just laugh though we can buy what we want. Just point out all the stuff they buy that costs a lot of money X 

• Options

Too beautiful they sound like they are controlling or like to think they got control. The sooner u show them your ur own person and gonna do what u want the better they shud hopefully back off! There's comprise and just trying to dictate and it's not fair. 

Jwebster stuff their comments they are lovely ha! x 

• Options

Oh I feel so down my husband has gone away and got back from my mums ended up having a huge barny with my little boy because he wouldnt go to bed or use the toilet upstairs when I said the downstairs loo Is blocked he was just arguing saying no it's not over and over So I ended up shouting at him to go upstairs and go to bed. He went to bed and was saying go away and leave me alone. now i feel really bad. And the baby has barely moved today maybe some tiny movements when I woke up and a tiny amount around lunchtime nothing before or since. Just stressed out to the max :( 

• Options

Personally I wouldn't spend that on trainers (but they are super cute) but I did splash out on an expensive pram, so I say each to their own and it's your child, your money, your choice.  We are very lucky that OH is not close to his family and on my side it's just my mum and she lives 3 hrs away. When I did splash out on the expensive pram she just transferred me half the cash the following day bless her! I suppose the downside will be no family support or babysitters when baby is here as we are quite new to the area so no close friends near by either.

i have been feeling quite sick today (first time) and the baby's kicks are slightly painful which is new, and the little wriggler doesn't seem to want to rest. Also got an upset stomach since I woke and generally feeling a bit off.  I suppose I shouldn't complain as I've skipped every symptom so far and this is nothing compared to what some of you are going through!

Baby brain has kicked in too, went for midwife appt today .... To find out it's not till tomorrow 😂

• Options

Claire try and relax. Your son will have forgotten it all in the morning and you know you were right. I have found on days I am stressed baby goes quiet (which makes me worry) but I am sensing a pattern now, it's almost like it thinks mummy's stressed so I'll be quiet for her. But its days like that you want them to be wriggling to give you comfort.  I find relaxing with a cuppa gets them moving (probably the sugar in it). Cold drink is meant to work but my little one ignores it.

• Options

2 beautiful that's sounds like my in laws there not as bad as that as I put them in there place a few times you do wat suits your family if you want a hoilday its your choice how you spend Wee mann1st birthday you buy wat you want it's a nitemare I got that why did I need a dear pram why could I not just get a travel system one wait a min I don't like them why do

i need next 2 me cot everything there pick at I harely see them when I do its just mien moan we get our kids wat we want sum people just can't help themselfs x

• Options

Everytime he is naughty I get really stressed out so have ago at him and he answers me back which makes me more annoyed I feel like I'm just ruining his life, its the worst thing about pregnant for me, constantly flying off the handle. He doesn't deserve it feel like the worst mum ever X 

• Options

Yes Claire im the same as rustic said when I'm stressed or end up shouting or none stop at work etc baby's movements are quite few and alight but as soon as take a breath and sit down at home or ly down in bed it's like she knows I'm trying to rest and moves like mad. Maybe try something sweet chocolate or something x 

• Options

I've eaten loads today and apple crumble and custard for afters, I felt the smallest of movements a while ago but nothing since x 

• Options

Got my growth scan tomorrow, my oh is still suffering from anxiety and has said he is coming this time but just decided he doesn't think he can so looks like going to yet another appointment wothout him. It's so heartbreaking I'm in tears. I know he can't help it and I feel so selfish but we decided on another baby together and so far I have been making decisions etc on my own. Wasn't expecting it to b like this at all. Thank goodness for this site cuz it's the only way I've been able to share my joys etc  Feel like can't get upset in front of him cuz will make him worse. Just feeling a bit lost x x

• Options

Oh man your bloke seems like a good guy!! Mine couldn't give a toss about me always out drinking with work and now he's away hes still out not even a text to say goodnight because he's too busy being out. Quite sad really. No wonder I've been getting stressed I've been dealing with this pregnancy alone might as well be a single mum X 

• Options

Hope all goes well at growth scan 2day k85m 

oh claire2015 sorry 2 hear your havin a shit time how long your hubby away for Mrs tell him how your feeling xxx

• Options

I've told him and he just brushes it off. I've hardly been speaking to him for months hes always got the same excuses so doesn't think he's wrong or listens. He's back Thursday.

good luck at scan k85m X 

• Options

Thanks ladies much appreciated. It's not till 2.30 hate waiting all day ha. Can't wait to see her again though x

• Options

Morning ladies. 

Just waiting for my GTT and hubby is eating maccies breakfast! So not fare!

k85m hope ur scan goes well today!