Forum home Birth clubs Due in July 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 I can see a little drop but baby does have a little more time to move down. I wouldn’t worry to much on it as my son never dropped even at 40 weeks. 
    Oh really ?? I just know she's going to be bloody late 😫 were so desperate to meet her now 
  • Options
    I'm 41+3 and been booked for induction second membrane sweep was unsuccessful because cervix is still high at least baby's head is as low as it can be... but cervix can change in no time so I have only this week to see if she comes out naturally. Have been out for long walks for couple of days, will see if it does any trick. Starting to have funny hip pain when I sit on the loo or walk around feels like spasm. Constantly feeling like I need a wee because pressure down there is enormous. Otherwise for 41+3 I'm not doing too bad 😁
  • Options
    Chloe87 said:
    MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 it could be. I felt like that for a couple weeks and still waiting 
    Can't work out if there's been any drop yet left is yesterday right is end of June 

Yes your bump has definitely dropped on the left.
  • Options
    hopefully you won’t have to wait to much longer @Ayana
    it’s felt like I’ve been sitting in top of baby’s head today. And some tightening I’ve had I’ve felt like her head was pushing right on top of pelvic bone odd feeling 
  • Options
    Chloe87 said:
    MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 it could be. I felt like that for a couple weeks and still waiting 
    Can't work out if there's been any drop yet left is yesterday right is end of June 

Yes! You have 100% dropped 😁😁
  • Options
    @Charlot-2411 I'm so sorry to hear your horrible experience with that midwife! What a nasty woman.. I had a bad nurse experience when I went in the morning to get checked, she couldnt even reach my cervix in the end and I had to wait for the dr to check turns out she just sucks at her job! She was completely rude to my husband and told him she was going to call security on him for being in the maternity ward?! He was just dropping me off and she was going on about how he wasnt allowed in there.. but my nurses during labor were absolutely fantastic!! 

@Chloe87 looks like your belly has dropped to me! And hopefully you are feeling the start of things! I was pooping a lot the day before she decided to show up! I was also really active the day before too and nesting really kicked in! 

@Ayana I hope she shows up for you before you have to get induced! I bet you are feeling just about done being pregnant, cant imagine going a week over! 

@MrsP13 your bump is also looking like it has dropped some! Hopefully she starts to make a move soon! I know the feeling you mentioned about feeling like you're sitting on her head!! 

Wishing you guys the best with your labors!! Will be checking in as much as I can! We are doing really good with baby girl! She has her first check up on Monday next week! 

@DanielleMFM thank you so much!! Shes just the cutest little thing we cant get enough of her cute little face!! 😍
  • Options
    @thinkingpositive1 thank you I’m hopping the sweep this morning will do the trick. What did you name your little one after? Or is it a surprise? 
  • Options
    Mama2be9Mama2be9 Regular
    edited Jul 15, 2020 2:08PM
    Ladies!!!! I have missed so much!!! I kept trying to get back in for the last month and it kept saying the chat was not working. But I see it has been because of all that I missed. I just caught up on all the pages!!!

@thinkingpositive1 Your little girl is absolutely beautiful!!! So happy for you and your family!! So you were scheduled for induction but ended up going into labor naturally? Or did you still need an induction? Congratulations on getting through it and ending up with the sweetest angel!!! 

@Chloe87 your bump has definitely dropped and you look fabulous! Glad to hear you have been camping and taking time before baby girl comes! Getting closer!!!

@MrsP13 when are you due? You are getting close too? I hope that you can go into natural labor as you hope and have a wonderful experience!

~ Long Post and Update ~

My birth plan and journey has taken a sudden extreme turn and we are doing the best to go with the flow. Last Thursday I went in for an ultrasound to check her amniotic fluid and the placenta and also went for a NST. Being 37 yrs old my midwives wanted me to start doing these once a week starting at 39 weeks. We found out that our little girl is Frank Breech! Ugh!! He big ol' butt is wedged in my pelvis and her head by my ribs. Her feet are to the right of her head. That is what makes her frank breech, having feet up and bum down. Then at the NST, we found out she has an arrhythmia. On top of all of this my husband and I were having technical difficulties. My phone was dying, his wasn't taking or able to make calls so we couldn't really talk. I had to use the OBGYN's cell phone and we were able to get him on the phone as she explained what our options are etc. Then on the way home, a light went on in my car and it was acting funny when I accelerated on the gas. Ugh. Then when I got home, the landline was dropping calls as we were trying to communicate with our midwives about all the news. It was such a stressful day. 

We only have a few options with having a frank breech baby and finding out at the end of 39 weeks. We can do a procedure called and External Cephalic Version that is performed at the hospital. It is kind of an aggressive procedure in my opinion where they try to manually move baby from the outside by pushing quite hard against her. You are given a spinal to numb the abdomen and uterine muscles so that you don't feel it, but I have heard it is still very painful. There are some risks and complications associated with it as well and could lead to an emergent cesarean. It is what they do when baby is breech in hopes of still having a vaginal delivery. They usually start to try this around 37 weeks, so finding out this late make my chances a little less. Plus I have an anterior placenta which makes it more difficult and there is more of a chance that the placenta could sheer off. And frank breeches are harder. Fetal death is also a risk, but very small, but still a risk. There is a 50/50 chance it could work, but not sure what the stats are when starting this procedure so late. We have opted not to do this procedure because of all the risks and it just seems so aggressive. I want to be gentle with her and not force her to move. I want to invite her to move if it is safe for her. I believe baby's are intelligent and she may have chosen to be in this position for a reason. I believe she has been in this position for quite some time and that sadly the midwives missed it. They even apologized that they may have missed it. At my 20 week scan she was frank breech. She was quite small still and has had lots of time to move but I think she has settled in this position based on where I feel her movements. What we thought was her head, was actually her bum. I am not angry with my midwives and I really love them. We are just disappointed and sad.

The day we found out, we headed up to see our midwife and she tried a 2 hour session of gently trying to move her from the outside while i was in a tilt and I did inversions. Baby didn't move. The winning combination is if baby is awake and can work with the midwife. But she wasn't. The next morning, we went up to the big hospital and got a detailed ultrasound of her heart and thankfully found out that her arrhythmia is benign. It is called Premature Atrial Contractions and should resolve itself after she takes her 1st breath. If not, we will need to monitor it. It is common and develops later in pregnancy which is why it wasn't detected earlier. Her heart structure was perfect, no fluid around the heart, heart rate and rhythms were perfect. Also found out she's a big baby, 8lbs 6oz!!!! May also be why she's not moving. I am a tiny petite thing and am huge!! Lol!!! Ultrasounds this late and in general aren't always accurate, so we will see. 

Later that same day, my midwife came to our house to try another gentle turning for 2 hrs. Baby didn't move. Oh and at the same time while she was trying to turn baby, we tried a chinese acupressure therapy called moxibustion where you burn the end of a mugwort or hemp string or stick and place it on the sides of my pink toenail and it is supposed to make a breech baby want to move! Well it hasn't yet, but it was interesting! So now my husband and I are doing the inversions ourselves and I went for a chiropractic appointment the other day. We are talking to baby and inviting her to move if she wants, but we aren't pushing her. We are taking the gentle approach and will see. 

I am currently waiting for the OBGYN to call me this morning to schedule the cesarean for tmrw morning. So if baby doesn't flip, then cesarean it is. That is the only option we have, sadly. So a lot of changes, very quickly, but we are doing our best to surrender and stay positive and hope for a safe experience. I am grieving my home water birth and am afraid of the hospital, but at least there have been no covid cases in the birthing center. We will have people there to monitor her heart afterwards and her hips after being breech so long. So we are in good hands. They say not to have a birth plan, it really can just go out the door! Sorry for such a long post! A lot to update you all on!

• Options
    Mama2be9 said:
    Ladies!!!! I have missed so much!!! I kept trying to get back in for the last month and it kept saying the chat was not working. But I see it has been because of all that I missed. I just caught up on all the pages!!!

@thinkingpositive1 Your little girl is absolutely beautiful!!! So happy for you and your family!! So you were scheduled for induction but ended up going into labor naturally? Or did you still need an induction? Congratulations on getting through it and ending up with the sweetest angel!!! 

@Chloe87 your bump has definitely dropped and you look fabulous! Glad to hear you have been camping and taking time before baby girl comes! Getting closer!!!

@MrsP13 when are you due? You are getting close too? I hope that you can go into natural labor as you hope and have a wonderful experience!

~ Long Post and Update ~

My birth plan and journey has taken a sudden extreme turn and we are doing the best to go with the flow. Last Thursday I went in for an ultrasound to check her amniotic fluid and the placenta and also went for a NST. Being 37 yrs old my midwives wanted me to start doing these once a week starting at 39 weeks. We found out that our little girl is Frank Breech! Ugh!! He big ol' butt is wedged in my pelvis and her head by my ribs. Her feet are to the right of her head. That is what makes her frank breech, having feet up and bum down. Then at the NST, we found out she has an arrhythmia. On top of all of this my husband and I were having technical difficulties. My phone was dying, his wasn't taking or able to make calls so we couldn't really talk. I had to use the OBGYN's cell phone and we were able to get him on the phone as she explained what our options are etc. Then on the way home, a light went on in my car and it was acting funny when I accelerated on the gas. Ugh. Then when I got home, the landline was dropping calls as we were trying to communicate with our midwives about all the news. It was such a stressful day. 

We only have a few options with having a frank breech baby and finding out at the end of 39 weeks. We can do a procedure called and External Cephalic Version that is performed at the hospital. It is kind of an aggressive procedure in my opinion where they try to manually move baby from the outside by pushing quite hard against her. You are given a spinal to numb the abdomen and uterine muscles so that you don't feel it, but I have heard it is still very painful. There are some risks and complications associated with it as well and could lead to an emergent cesarean. It is what they do when baby is breech in hopes of still having a vaginal delivery. They usually start to try this around 37 weeks, so finding out this late make my chances a little less. Plus I have an anterior placenta which makes it more difficult and there is more of a chance that the placenta could sheer off. And frank breeches are harder. Fetal death is also a risk, but very small, but still a risk. There is a 50/50 chance it could work, but not sure what the stats are when starting this procedure so late. We have opted not to do this procedure because of all the risks and it just seems so aggressive. I want to be gentle with her and not force her to move. I want to invite her to move if it is safe for her. I believe baby's are intelligent and she may have chosen to be in this position for a reason. I believe she has been in this position for quite some time and that sadly the midwives missed it. They even apologized that they may have missed it. At my 20 week scan she was frank breech. She was quite small still and has had lots of time to move but I think she has settled in this position based on where I feel her movements. What we thought was her head, was actually her bum. I am not angry with my midwives and I really love them. We are just disappointed and sad.

The day we found out, we headed up to see our midwife and she tried a 2 hour session of gently trying to move her from the outside while i was in a tilt and I did inversions. Baby didn't move. The winning combination is if baby is awake and can work with the midwife. But she wasn't. The next morning, we went up to the big hospital and got a detailed ultrasound of her heart and thankfully found out that her arrhythmia is benign. It is called Premature Atrial Contractions and should resolve itself after she takes her 1st breath. If not, we will need to monitor it. It is common and develops later in pregnancy which is why it wasn't detected earlier. Her heart structure was perfect, no fluid around the heart, heart rate and rhythms were perfect. Also found out she's a big baby, 8lbs 6oz!!!! May also be why she's not moving. I am a tiny petite thing and am huge!! Lol!!! Ultrasounds this late and in general aren't always accurate, so we will see. 

Later that same day, my midwife came to our house to try another gentle turning for 2 hrs. Baby didn't move. Oh and at the same time while she was trying to turn baby, we tried a chinese acupressure therapy called moxibustion where you burn the end of a mugwort or hemp string or stick and place it on the sides of my pink toenail and it is supposed to make a breech baby want to move! Well it hasn't yet, but it was interesting! So now my husband and I are doing the inversions ourselves and I went for a chiropractic appointment the other day. We are talking to baby and inviting her to move if she wants, but we aren't pushing her. We are taking the gentle approach and will see. 

I am currently waiting for the OBGYN to call me this morning to schedule the cesarean for tmrw morning. So if baby doesn't flip, then cesarean it is. That is the only option we have, sadly. So a lot of changes, very quickly, but we are doing our best to surrender and stay positive and hope for a safe experience. I am grieving my home water birth and am afraid of the hospital, but at least there have been no covid cases in the birthing center. We will have people there to monitor her heart afterwards and her hips after being breech so long. So we are in good hands. They say not to have a birth plan, it really can just go out the door! Sorry for such a long post! A lot to update you all on!

Bloody hell !!!! That all sounds awful !!!! Sorry to hear your baby is breech !! Personally I would have opted for the c section ! At least you know exactly where you stand with that and the complications are minimal. I was offered a manual turn if my baby was still breech and the more I read into it the more it put me off luckily she turned but i think I would have opted for the section too. 

I don't like the idea of people trying to turn a baby inside you when they can't really see what there doing or where the cord or placenta is sounds a bit risky to me tbh.  I'm still not convinced if she's turned it not midwife said she had the places I'm still getting kicks dosent sit with a baby that's upside down .... Who knows I will find out hopefully in a week's time lol I  have a feeling the little moo is Guna go over tho 
  • Options
    @Mama2be9 it’s nice to hear from you. What a stressful time you’ve had. Hopefully things can ease up for you a bit now before baby is born. 
     Baby was due last week I’m exactly 41weeks. 
    Had a stretch and sweep this morning but nothing seams to have happened. Midwife said I’m 1-2cm dilated and started to efface but not fully. I have another booked for Friday morning and then another on Sunday then I’ll be induced next week if she’s not here by then. She’s clearly happy where she is lol. 
  • Options
    @Mama2be9 so sorry to hear you have had it all going on!!! 

I feel your pain when grieving your dream birth, especially when we put birth plans in place and set our heart on them.

im no long able to have water birth, babies movements where different the other day and even though I felt baby move something didn’t seem right so I phoned up for advice, they said best to get checked out. Anyways even though I’d get baby move cause they checked me it went down as 3rd episode of reduced movement, so as I’m also over due now they class you as “high risk” meaning no water birth. 

I’m booked for induction, was supposed to be today but likely it will be tomorrow. I’ve just got back from the hospital as when they have to delay induction they like to monitor you daily to check baby is ok. All is fine and midwife did another sweep but said cervix is still very high so will need the pessary to ripen the cervix. I was really upset at not been able to have a water birth but the more I think about it what’s important is that baby arrives safely and that’s what matters most and I’m sure you feel absolutely the same! 

Xx
  • Options
    @MrsP13 your stretch and sweep sounds positive! Fingers crossed for you, I had my 4th stretch and sweep today and my cervix hasn’t changed at all so I’ll be having the pessary induction. X
  • Options
    Today I have been having bloody show and period cramps. So I'm expecting contractions to start very soon things started to move for me naturally. Thankfully
  • Options
    @Ayana good luck hopefully things are on the move for you

@Charlot-2411 I’m sorry the midwife didn’t change her kind. I had that exact induction on my son. It was quite effective but just took a while. If you can deal with the pain in say to try and avoid an epidural as I feel that’s what slowed my labour down. But until you get there you won’t know how you feel. Good luck for tomorrow xxx
  • Options
    @Mama2be9 thank you!! We are absolutely in love with her and she already has daddy wrapped around her little finger! Yes I ended up going into labor naturally! It was great untill I got stuck at 9cm for almost 3hrs! Then they gave me some pitocin to bring the contractions closer together and it helped me get to 10cm! Sorry to hear about your birth plan not going the way you wanted but like you said we shouldnt get too set on our birth plans because you never know! Glad to hear your baby is healthy though and wish you the best of luck with everything! You will do amazing no matter what happens. 

@MrsP13 hopefully your stretch and sweep from today will do something over night maybe?! Best of luck! 

@Charlot-2411 ooh, goodluck with your induction! Like you said, whatever is best for baby is the way to go, I'm sure you will do great no matter what and end up with your little princess soon!!! 
    @Chloe87 fingers crossed baby starts to make a move for you sooner rather than later!! 
    @Ayana sounds promising, good luck! You will do great! 

• Options
    Thanks everyone!! Getting the downstairs set up with a bed currently so during recovery I can be on the main floor. Have to wake up at 3:45am 🤦🏼‍♀️ and be there at 5a!! Cesarean at 7:30am! We actually know the time and day we are meeting our baby girl! It’s all such a trip! I feel like it all happening and moving but im
    mind of in shock sort of. When she’s in our arms is when I think reality will set in!
  • Options
    @Mama2be9 aww, it's nice to have a time you know you will be meeting her!! Best of luck with it all!!  It is definitely a special experience when you meet your baby 🥰
  • Options
    Mama2be9 said:
    Thanks everyone!! Getting the downstairs set up with a bed currently so during recovery I can be on the main floor. Have to wake up at 3:45am 🤦🏼‍♀️ and be there at 5a!! Cesarean at 7:30am! We actually know the time and day we are meeting our baby girl! It’s all such a trip! I feel like it all happening and moving but im
    mind of in shock sort of. When she’s in our arms is when I think reality will set in!
    Wishing you all the best tomorrow dont worry everything is going to be fine as long as you are your little one are healthy and safe that's what matters. Yes things not always go to plan but god definitely has got the best plan for each one of us. Sending you positive vibes xxx
  • Options
    Thank you @Ayana!!!🌸❤️
    Thank you @thinkingpositive1 🌸❤️

Going to sleep now!! 
  • Options
    Little Enlli made her appearance into the world yesterday 8lb 9 :)