Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in March 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in March 2015!

Replies

• Options

Hello kirsty1105 - welcome and congratulations!

So sorry you're feeling so sick. I found I got sicker with each pregnancy - maybe it's something to do with having to race round after your other kids and not having time to take it easy?

How would you feel if it did turn out to be twins, though? image

• Options
    Thankyou!!! Im not sure how i would feel about twins but im sure we would cope!!! image the sickness is awful and loosing weight worries me image so glad im not at work ( I work term time only) so hoping wen I go back I will be feeling a bit better
  • Options
    Hi ive been waiting for due in march 2015 to come up for ages!!!! I found out before I was 4 week. Now 9 weeks due 2nd of march! Already have a 16month old little girl which I suffered bad sickness with, this one... nothing! I feel blessed. I have had a scan as I suffered a mc in april.. I saw little beans flickering heartbeatimage my lg was premature ans weighed 4lb 8oz and was in special care 3 weeks I had a crappy pg with her; growths scans, kidney and water infections, premature labour. Im hoping I can enjoy this pregnancy!! I was in due in april 2013 so lovely to be in a group.again. do we have a fb group?? And congrats ladies!!!!!! Xxxx
  • Options

Hi Katiejayne09 - and welcome! Congrats on your pregnancy. Glad to hear you don't feel as sick as during your last one.

And really hope your whole second pregnancy turns out to be a real breeze compared to your first - which sounds pretty full on!

At the risk of sounding a bit fierce, we don't really allow folks to recruit for a FB group from our Birth Club threads. You all met here, after all, and we don't want to see you go!

• Options

I'm new. 

Just recently took a pregnancy test and came back positive. I think my conceive date was around the forth of July. I work for a radiology office so I had then do a quick u/s and the sac is seen but too small to see fetus or heartbeat. Worried because I have had small spotting when wiping and minimal cramping.. But I'm think it's more the food I ate ..because it's followed by gas. It's my first pregnancy so I'm just nervous I might miscarry.

• Options

Hello KGoo02 - welcome and congratulations!

How lucky are you that you can do your own scan!

Totally get how nervous you are - these early weeks can be a bit of a nailbiter, can't they? You may find this article on cramping and spotting helpful and reassuring - hope so!

• Options
    Hi all, I'm also due in march with baby no 2. My dd is 11 months

I had a lovely fb group last time round so I'm looking forward to chatting to some more mummies ????

Hope everyone is feeling ok. I'm just very very tired!
  • Options
    Hi Helen,

I see your post about not setting up a Facebook group, and I do understand the reason for this. The only thing is I don't come on here very often, whereas I'm on Facebook all the time and having a fb group last time really helped me when I was pregnant, and still does now.

Surely the main thing is that we have somewhere that we can support each other throughout this time and it shouldn't matter if that's here or somewhere else?

Don't mean to be difficult but just being honest!
  • Options

Hi there, ilovemyhubs - welcome and congratulations!

Sounds like you'll have almost the same gap between your 1st and 2nd as me - mine are 18 months apart.

• Options
    There will be 19 months, bit worried about that!! I'm sure will be fine though.

Can't wait to get to 12 weeks, just worrying so much at the moment!
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining you.

I'm due on the 12th march with my 4th, I already have ds: 14 yrs ds: 11yrs ds: 12months.

I'm very excited to be doing it all again, but like u, ilovemyhubs, i am a little nervous about the small age gap.

So how's everyone feeling? I don't really have any symptoms yet, well apart from a little more tired than usual but that's about it.

Has anyone had their booking in appointment yet?
  • Options
    Sorry made a mistake on my post, I have a dd 14 years not son.
  • Options
    My booking appointment is next Tuesday, I can't remember what they do? Bloods? Urine?

They've said it's going to take an hour so hubs is going to stay at home with our daughter, don't think he will miss much & she won't want to be stuck in a room for an hour
  • Options
    Not got an appointment for mine yet, but if I remember rightly they do both urine and bloods. I hate blood tests.

Yeah same here when I get my appt, hubby will stay at home with our son, I remember it wasn't that interesting last time, a chat, paperwork and bloods.

Can't wait for the first scan! ????
  • Options
    Sorry, the ???? Are meant to be a smiley face Lol.
  • Options
    I had my booking appointment last thurs. They did my bloods (which I hate!) And also urine test. Got told im underweight and got very low blood pressure which probably explains why im so sick image . Also got given my 12 week scan date which is the 18th august! X
  • Options
    Hi kirsty1105,

I have low blood pressure, made me feel a bit dizzy in my last pregnancy.

That's so exciting that you have your scan date, Not long to wait either.

When are you due?
  • Options
    Hi nat! Yes I had it with my other 2 pregnancies as well as low iron but didnt suffer at all with sickness like this time image. Im due the 1st march so very excited/ nervous for my scan but cant wait to tell my other 2 thw news!! X
  • Options

Hi Ladies hope you are well.

Got booking in appointment on 13 August (as am away next week) and will be 9 + 4 then xx

• Options

ilovemyhubs: I'm so sorry. I didn't see your reply to me about Facebook before I posted to welcome you to the group - I think we posted at exactly the same time!

You must think I just completely ignored your comments about Facebook.

That's obviously not the idea! We welcome questions/comments about BX and Birth Clubs and all sorts - and the very last thing we'd do is not answer them.

Sooooo...

You're not being difficult; you're being honest. And of course we understand why Facebook groups suit lots of people. 

We wouldn't dream of saying you can't join a Facebook group (and we couldn't stop you even if we wanted to!).

The only thing we take a bit of an exception to is using BX to find other pregnant women who are due at the same time, and then 'recruiting' them on a BX thread to a Facebook group.

As we''re sure you understand (if I'm reading your post correctly, you already have), we love having you all here, posting on BX and supporting each other through your pregnancies. We don't want you to go anywhere else!

And, truth be told, if you were you all do that now (PLEASE DON'T!), anyone new who tipped up here, looking for friendship and support would feel a bit like Billy No Mates.

And if everyone in every 'Due in' club on here were to move to Facebook, we'd probably find it very difficult to keep BX going. The Due in clubs are the life and soul of this place.

And then there's the whole privacy thing. Here on BX, you can post anonymously if you want to, and you can control how much or how little others know about you - while still making friends and getting support. On FB, you have to let everyone else know your real-life name (and the person who starts the group will be letting everyone else know an awful lot more besides). In the past, there have been some issues with weirdy folk pretending they're pregnant and joining FB groups under false pretences. If that happened here (God forbid), we could protect you by banning the weirdo (we're pretty good at spotting that sort early on) and because we never share our members' real-life details with other members but, obviously, we can't do that on FB.

And finally (bet you thought I'd never shut up!), we think you'll find most other parenting sites don't allow members to recruit to FB groups, either. (Some even ban you if you do!). And their reasons are pretty much the same as ours. 

If it helps any (persuasive smile), we have some really exciting plans to offer a bit extra to our lovely Due in club people - stuff like exclusive discounts off baby equipment or a chance to test some pregnancy/baby products. Please hang tight and watch this space. BX really is the place to stay, honest!