Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 16 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Hi micha 

I've noticed an increase in movement but I just associate it with the pregnancy progressing,  this is my 3rd pregnancy and he's definitely the most active baby, I'm just over 27 weeks now and movement is also quiet vigorous, they do say that movement increases up till 32 weeks and then should stay the same x

• Options

Hi Micah, just wondering how you're doing and how the bump is? 

And how is everyone else doing? Has everyone bought everything yet? 

• Options

Hiya!!

all is well; I had my 28th week appointment today and GCT.

bump is doing ok too.. I have a scan due on Friday now due to previous surgeries which I had earlier this year...

am feeling a bit nervous tho; I haven't started on any shopping yet.. I feel it too overwhelming!

• Options

That's great news Micah! This guide might come in handy for what you might need to buy - but please do feel free to post here and ask too - we're sure one of the girls has their very own handy list for you too! 

• Options

Our nursery is now complete (27+1 today)...At least from a furniture point of view anyway - there's little to nothing in there at the moment, but my gals are throwing me a Baby Shower this weekend so I'm hoping that will kickstart the filling image

Got my Rh injection next week and then it's countdown to Mat Leave, making sure everything that needs doing is done! You know, like my hospital bag and what not.

Hope everyone else is doing well!? X

• Options

I've got a dilemma 😠

I ended up with an emergency dentist appointment today as toothache came back with a vengeance.  Dentist has stated the tooth needs pulling, however she was unwilling to provide any treatment today as she refuses to pull with out x-ray and advises me to manage pain with parecetomol and receive treatment once baby is born! I contacted my midwife for advice who recommends I avoid an x-ray at all cost! The last thing I want to do is place baby at risk but I can't go on like this for the next 12 weeks, I'm currently trying to find a dentist who will remove without the need to x-ray 1st. 

Anyone else faced this dilemma ? X 

• Options

Hi Chezabelle!

sorry to hear about your tooth.. Hope you feeling better.. 

Maybe you could try some clove oil it's natural.. 

Take care X

• Options

H Chezabelle, Feeling for you as toothache is terrible and those paracetamol probably aren't touching the sides. What are you going to do? 

• Options

Surely you can't be expected to persevere with tooth pain? how can they expect someone to do that.  Do you have a local dental hospital that you can attend? Maybe they will be more experienced. You could maybe see your gp for stronger pain relief I have co-codamol for my spd and bad back from my gp. Good luck hope it gets sorted pronto. 

• Options

Hi Danielle 

I managed to speak to my sister in laws mother who's a midwife, she was brilliant and offered me a lot of reassurance and didn't just give me the 'official' line. I spent last night in complete agony and managed to get an emergency appointment at 12.30pm today, dentist was fab didn't feel a thing and I've been pain free all afternoon, bliss x

• Options

Did they pull the tooth? SO glad you're feeling better! 

• Options

Thanks for concern ladies, there was no way I could of managed another 12 weeks, dentist said tooth was starting to crumble and they would of struggled 

• Options

Hi everyone,

On the forum today, we're talking back to school on this thread HERE. So if you have school children, will you be waving yours off with a gentle push through the gates, or sobbing as you see them off? Please come and tell us on this thread HERE! And if it's their very first day too, we'd love to see them in their uniform! 

• Options

Hi everyone,

I have questions about changing bags. This is pretty much the only thing that we're left to buy and we don't know what to choose so I thought maybe some of you would have good advises... I was initialy thinking of buying one of these 3 in 1 changing bags that open into a changing matress and can also be used as a travel bassinet, but I read they are quite heavy to carry and also I don't think the baby would fit in for more than 6 months as they seem a bit small so I don't think it's worth spending the money, or is it? Then I have checked all the bags on Amazon and there are tones of them at all sort of prices which has let me wonder, is it actually worth spending a lot of money on a changing bag or should we just buy a £15 one? 

Chezabelle, I'm glad your tooth pain has gone now. I have had a similar probleme at the beginning of my pregnancy (on 2nd month), one of my back tooth broke while I was eating a piece of bread. Apparently it is frequent to break teeth in pregnancy, I didn't know until it happened to me. i wasn't in pain but was just worried about getting an infection or sthg like that as part of my tooth was missing. The dentist said he had to do an X-ray to know if my nerve was damaged before he fixed my tooth, but I refused it. He tried to insist and told me nowadays there isn't danger for the baby but I have prefered not taking any risks. So at the end he just did a temporary kind of plaster and I will have to get my tooth fixed after giving birth. He said he wasn't sure what he's done would last for 7 months but luckily, until now it's been alright, and fingers crossed that it will still last for another 10 more weeks! ;-) 

• Options

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on in a while my phones been broke and that's me just got it back up and running, how's everyone been feeling? I am 28 weeks tomorrow and feel like time is going in soo fast. Has anyone else got there cot set up as I would really like.to get mine built but some people say it's still too early.

• Options

Hi CL93 - I'm 28 weeks on Monday and our cot is up now, as of last weekend. Other half is a teacher so I was making the most of him being off for the Summer Holidays for all things that needed building image I don't think we're too early?! 

• Options

That makes me feel a bit better, my other half is off in Thursday so think he will be building ours up, how have you been keeping? Is your bump bug for being almost 28 weeks sometimes a get told am bug and other times get told am neat.

• Options

Hey how's everyone doing??

30 weeks 2moro..6 weeks left at work until maternity leave starts...its going so quick...x

• Options

Hi everyone. 

28 weeks and growing fast lol. My partner and I are having a name crisis. We decided on Kayden now we both agree it's too many of them around and we don't want it but it's the only name we both agree on lol. I know I have weeks to decide but I don't think we will make a decision. He doesn't like what I do and vice versa. Anyone else had naming problems? Hope everyone is well

• Options

Hi Mothermucka!

i have the same issue!

I have asked my husband to think about 10 different names and I will too.. 

my bro n his fiancée are also giving some ideas and my parents too.. 

Naming your child is a crucial part as it stays with them for life; hence you want to get the right one.. But yet it's so difficult. Maybe when we will see our babies we will know instantly which one to go for...

have a good week everyone XXX