Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2018

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone, lovely to hear about all your happy scans 😊

I am feeling much better, definitely but have been dealing with a few other issues over the last few weeks. I've injured my back whilst lifting up my 1 tear old which felt horrible 😭 but luckily it was only bad for a few days and within a week I didn't feel any different to normal. So just feeling grateful and hoping it won't happen ever again. 5 year old coming home from preschool with his face scratched by the same child again and again and then 1 year old falling down from a kitchen stool and hurting his arm/wrist, again just lucky it's only a sprain.

Next scan 3rd of July, really looking forward to it 😊 

• Options

Erithriel - I am so sorry to hear about all falling down on you this time :/ I hope it will get all better soon and you won’t have to deal with it anytime in the future. Yay, scan time :) mine is on 5th, I cannot wait to see confirmation all is good and then I can start shopping like crazy lady :D 

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well?

We wondered, did you know, there’s loads going on around the forum outside your birth club? 
    To see what’s happening, hit Latest Posts, which is at the top of your screen, in the Quick Links in Chat drop down or it’s at the very bottom of your screen.

We were hoping you might be able to help with these threads...

One member would love to know when did you start getting a baby bump? 

And another new member is in a real dilemma: she’s pregnant after a one night stand  - can you help, or perhaps offer a little hand hold? 

Over and out from MFM for now! 

• Options

Everness thank you😙 So exciting! Here in NZ they do the 20weeks scan from 19 weeks so I'll be 19+5, you're a few days ahead I think. How are you feeling? 

• Options

Hi everyone! Is there any chance you might be able to help with these threads? 😊

One pregnant member has discovered since being pregnant, she's so nauseous, she can't stand the smell of her own home

Did pregnancy ever cause you to be feeling freezing cold? 

And finally, flying in the first trimester: safe or not? 

• Options

Hi all,

Glad to see all the nice scans.

I've been on holiday last couple of weeks, went to Scotland to see a friend. There we did a 3D scan as it's cheaper than in England.

I have my next scan tomorrow, will be 19 weeks 6 days.

Anyone been drinking lots of water? I drink way more and I have days when I drink continuously and still feel thirsty, so far no sugar in my urine so hope i'm not getting gestational diabetes.

I've also had headaches and I think it's from my eyes, a lot of them are when I'm reading and in the eyes area. I've recently read in the What to Expect book that vision gets worse during pregnancy. The GP said to check my eyes which I did and I need glasses :/

Here's my pic

• Options

Erithiel - I hope you are feeling a bit better these days? 😊 yes I will be 20+3 on my scan 😃 so less than a week ahead 😃 I am feeling alright pregnancy-wise, but I am having a horrible wisdom toothache and now my ears started to hurt as well, so I am just “enjoying” this 😃 have you been up to much with your kids these days?

CristinaNov18 - sounds good that you had a nice break in Scotland 😊 how did your scan go? 😊 I am drinking loads on some days and others I don’t.. I think it might be also related to increased blood volume and with these warm days detto 😊

How is everyone else doing? Any news from the scans? :) 

• Options

The scan was good, all looking as it should, she’s just a bit on the small size, still within normal, but I’m small too.

Hope your scan goes well too!

• Options

CristinaNov18 glad your scan went well and all is great! I'm completely opposite, I need to force myself to drink any, I feel thirsty and I drink it but only because I know I should. It's strange how it almost makes me feel sick just thinking about drinking more of it.

So interesting about the vision, I thought about it a while ago as sometimes at the end of the day it isn't as sharp as usual especially if I'm watching TV but I've checked it too and all is still good. Apparently it can happen when you're overtired too. I think 🤔 I would be really excited if I needed glasses to be honest!

Everness, make sure you check that tooth out, I've had a pain like this all of a sudden and my ear was hurting too plus I had a bad headache and needed that tooth removed in the end 😔 it's best not to wait with things like this.

Not much is happening here, we're full of cold so I've kept the kids at home since Wednesday hopefully they get better and will be back at preschool on Monday. 😊 

• Options

Hi Everyone :)

New to the forum. I'm currently pregnant with my first and due 17th November 2018, so bang on 18 weeks today 😊 

My question is around 16 week gender scans. We've had ours and was told a little girl. But i'm having so many people say 'ohhh i know someone who was told girl, then it was a boy' and its genuinely driving me crazy now as I can't stop thinking about it! I've attached a couple of our scans pics...what do you guys think and what are your experiences?

Also, my placenta is at the front, so cushioning any movements unfortunately. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks in advance, and hope you're all feeling well 💛imageimage

• Options

Hi Lmc88, welcome to the forum and congratulations. 
    About your question, i've been at MFM for about 4 years, and in all that time and the dozens of birth clubs, only one person has been told the wrong gender (was told a girl and had a boy). Will you be rechecked at the 20 weeks scan?

• Options

Hiya :)

Yeah, we have our 20 week scan on the 2nd July, so not too long to wait! But thank you, your reply is good to hear 😊 xx

• Options

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I’ve been MIA, things have been so busy.

I just wanted to send an update about our 20 week scan. Our sonographer said she had found something that concerned her and we have been booked in with the next available maternity foetal consulatsnt first thing this week :-( Our baby has pockets of fluid all over both kidneys; they’ve documented it on our report as multicystic kidneys. I just hope atleast one of the kidneys is healthy enough for survival after birth. We are having to wait until Tuesday to see the consultant as they are all not in until then :-( 

Has anyone got any experience with this diagnosis? 

lots of love and hope you are all well xxxxxxx

• Options

CristinaNov18 - I am afraid if our little girl will be small on size, due to me not gaining any weight + almost non existent bump still 😃

Erithriel - my tooth is better now, yay, both with my ear, it passed, I am so glad about that.. I am sorry to hear that your family was down with cold, hopefully all got better over the weekend 😊

Lmc88x - hello there 😊 with regards to the gender scan, at 16 weeks it is generally pretty accurate, only if the baby is at not favourable position and then it can be quess 😃 but that generally does not happen, only small chance that it would be developing slower, but that is just a small chance. I was at gender scan at 16+1 and we had confirmed it is a girl (I knew from genetic testing at 12 weeks already) with regards to movements I am also expecting first and yet not feeling many, I believe I can feel her few times a week, like small pop in lower part of belly, but not much, officially we might need 4 more weeks of wait-up as first-timers 😃

SC30 - I am sorry to hear about your ultrasound findings, when I had a look around in papers, it generally happens when there is family history of cystic kidneys, so I don’t know if that is a thing in your family, but it might be hidden as well, but for many women, it actually goes away in about month or two.. I hope that the latter case would be yours and will be thinking about you tomorrow xxx

• Options

Everness - I have quite a visible bump now. I've started eating 30g of dark chocolate per day in case that helps her growth (read an article), but I'm not too bothered about her size. 

Glad your tooth pain is gone, one more issue not to worry about.

SC30 - good luck today with the scan! Hope it clears away on its own.

Good luck everyone with their scans x

• Options

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

I got a pregnancy pillow as a present from a friend and I sleep much better now, recommended.

I'm thinking to freeze placenta and umbilical cord after birth, will ask my midwife if there are any private banks that work with my hospital.

Otherwise feeling much better than first semester, have days with lots of energy, even more than before the pregnancy (think I had low iron stores to start with), but still have some days now and then where I feel more tired, with headaches and continuous thirst. On a normal day I drink upwards to 3l, but when I'm thirsty I drink probably double.

How are you all doing?

• Options

I'm really thirsty too, especially at night. 

I just can't seem to get along with the pregnancy pillow, it's just too bulky I think.

How's everyone getting on in this heat? The aircon is on the the blink at work at the moment and it's like torture! 

• Options

The heat is killing me! I work in a glass office with no AC so it’s about a million degrees! 

I also struggle with my pregnancy pillow especially in the heat, it’s a bit too giant and overwhelming. Have been sleeping on my back alot even though I know I shouldn’t - but with the heat and painful shoulders and hips I can’t help it! 

• Options

What a nightmare!!

I don't sleep on my back but I do lie on my back watching TV. It's just so difficult to get comfortable.

I guess we should count ourselves lucky that it'll be lovely and chilly when we're really heavily pregnant!

• Options

Thought it was just me finding the heat a little tough!! I love the hot weather normally! 

I need to get a pregnancy pillow but just about still alright without one atm.

We had our 20week scan today and found out we are expecting another boy! 

Hope everyone is feeling ok x