Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2018

Replies

• Options

Aaw, I am glad you got something that you love :)) we are getting Wave in midnight blue, I like that it is jeans like blue, and there was sort of bond with that pram on the first sight for both me and hubby 💜 it is quite big I have to admit, but I like that it is able to survive much and it should not feel like rattling on the pavement as my home town does not have the best pavements and the road at my mum’s is only gravel one, together with the fact that at my hubby’s parents they live in the middle of nowhere thus no roads for trips 😂 the only negative thing I could find online was that it is heavy so we went to JL and I tried lifting it and it is alright for me, I am used to lift stuff from my older job and as well frequent travels with 23kg luggage help me out on that 😂 

which breast pump and monitor did you go for? I am right now trying to look into some and try to find best quality/price, but going to buy only later on :) 

my hubby is away working from tomorrow so I hope I can take my dad to the hospital scan as my experience was really bad last time 😢 I will seriously cry in front of the receptionist if I will be given the same sonographist as last time.. it is 14:10 sooo it will be long wait in the morning :D 

do you ladies have any plans for the weekend? Do you feel movements? :)

• Options

I loooooove the wave, it is such a beautiful pram! But yeah I have no upper body strength lol. They do seem very substantial and sturdy, am sure will be perfect for the dodgy roads where you are! 

We got the medela electric breast pup starter kit, have heard good things about it and the woman was there to talk about breast feeding support at the mothercare event we were at said it was what she used so be decided on it! Monitor was the angelcare one but without the video - didn’t feel like I needed it. 

Awh why what was the sonographer like last time?! Hopefully you won’t get the same person and it will be lovely, but think it’s better to have some support with you 😊 haha mine was at 4.15 so the day dragged severelY!

started feeling movement last week (19 weeks), I have anterior placenta so most of them are kicks down below i can feel aha. have had a couple where I can see my tummy moving whcih is so amazing. What about you?

Anyone else got swollen feet yet? Mine seem to have ballooned all of a sudden! 

• Options

Hi all, good luck with your scan everness.

I am starting to feel stronger kicks now and they always seem to happen at the same time which is strange. We were able to wait for them last night so my partner was able to feel it for the first time. 

I have so far only bought some clothes including a little green jacket that I had my eye on for weeks and a jellycat bunny which is the softest thing ever. 

Hows everyones bump coming along. Mine is very boring, low down and quite small. I look like ive had a very large lunch. Annoying when trying to get a seat on the bus or tube.

Hope everyone has a lush weekend. 

• Options

Hi all,

Is anybody else considering a home birth?

• Options

zgab16 - I just sort of said yes to flat that is on 4th floor without lift, why not to make my life with heavy pram more complex 😃 I will have a look at the medela pump, I quite like the philips avent one, but had not been looking into it quite yet..  I am not sure about the need of the video as well.. I will have to look into it.. with regards to my sonographer, I have no idea what was wrong, but she was unable to measure my fibroid correctly and then made me super stressed about it, although  I knew she was wrong.. I had two lovely experiences with UltrasoundDirect with one person and she was completely amazing 😊 just 3 more days until I see our girl again, yay 😊 I can feel her moving, in the last week it is more prominent, before it was just that I knew those pops are probably her, but now it is much more often and stronger 😊 and sorry to hear about your feet 😕

Sky123 - yes! mine was around 11pm for the last few nights so my hubby had a feel too.. it was really lovely… oh.. I love jellycat toys, I got myself cute little elephant just few days before we concieved 😃 same her with bump, now it is starting to show when I have naked belly, just because of its position it does not look like lunch, but when dressed nobody could tell 😃

Loobyloo2018 - I would not consider it, as I am first time pregnant and where I come from, those are not common 😊 but I heard amazing stories from here from other groups when I was TTC 😊 if you have lovely midwife it can be a great experience..but depends on the way you can do pain management too..

• Options

Hi all,

I haven't been looking into buying anything yet, but it's good to see what you are buying so I have less research to do later :)

I'd like to find a second-hand or hand-me-down pram though, they are so expensive, I don't mind paying £2500 for the stem cell storage but balk at paying £1000 for a pram, hope I can find a sh one.

I've booked some pregnancy yoga classes in 2 weeks and bought some books on hypnobirthing and active birth. The hypnobirthing book was very good at making me less apprehensive about giving birth, it's good at explaining also what happens, what the body goes through, and has many stories from women on how this method helped them.

My bump is obvious now at 22 weeks, somewhere between 20-22 I went from looking fat to looking pregnant. 

She kicks a lot now, doesn't like it when I sleep on my right side and even kicked her dad when he pressed his ear on my tummy.

I have a 24 weeks scan in 2 weeks, looking fwd to see how she's growing.

Hope you're all enjoying the weather ;):)

• Options

Hope everyone is feeling ok!

Just wondering is anyone suffering with dry skin that looks particularly eczema like? I don’t suffer with it usually but my son does so I know what it looks like.  Don’t know if it’s just a hormone pregnancy thing! 

• Options

Lauren3004 - girl 20.11.18 xx

• Options

Hi Bex94

i have been having dry, on my hands and feet (feet are also itching sometimes). It gets very dry on my hands but don’t know if it looks like eczema. I’m using a skin oil and it helps  bit.

• Options

Bex94 - I have quite dry skin, but I had eczema as I was small and I still have it sometimes on my hands from allergy. I know it is quite common in pregnancy, as the hormones make it worse, but it can stay with you even after pregnancy..

• Options

Awww Bed hope you’re ok.  I’m swelling up rapidly in this heat today chipolata fingers ha ha!!

i had a skin tag appear under my arm apparently it’s common in pregnancy. Tied it with string as per NHS website guidance and its gone after a couple of days! Just thought I’d share that incase anyone gets them x

• Options

Do you already have a child? And if you do, would you and your child like to be a judge in the MadeForMums Toy Awards 2018? To find out how to signup, head to Latest Posts. (You can select Latest Posts from the Quick Links drop down menu above)

• Options

How are we doing this hot weekend ladies? :) 

• Options

I’m really struggling in the heat. Constantly tired, sweating buckets and out of breath after walking outside. I’m hoping these thunderstorms materialise and clear the mugginess! x

• Options

LoveElmo - I know your pain, I am the same. I hate it.. and I need to write up my dissertation and it is quite hard when I am supper annoyed from the heat.. at least today it is cloudy and pleasant, opposed to sunny and hot before :D 

• Options

Hi, I've just come across this site. I'm due in November too. Will be doing it all alone so glad to have a group of people who are going through the same thing! I'm a teacher working full time and am looking forward to the summer holidays more than I ever have in my life!!!!

• Options

Welcome So Excited! 

Not coping very well with the heat these last few days, it's been so muggy!! 

Anybody made a start on baby's nursery yet? We've painted the room today and it's all starting to feel very real!

• Options

Hello so excited :) do you know what are you expecting? :) 

GH29 - I am just in a/c room as that is only place where I can survive :D with regards to nursery, for us the little one will be with us in the room so no need to paint :D and hubby said he will make the cot so I am excited about that, but we are moving in just less than a month so then it will all start :) 

I have bought first thing for our little girl this week :) Elodie details footmuff as back home we have quite cold winters :) still holding off big shopping :D after moving and bit of relax I will dip into it :D 

• Options

Glad to see the rain today. It's a relief from hayfever symptoms and being too hot to sleep at night. 

Will go pram shopping at the end of the month and start paying in on something.  I'm not to worried about a nursery yet as the baby will be in my room for the first while anyway.  Plus I don't know if I'm staying or going from where I am atm. 

Due to sickness and other problems I feel it's only this past couple of weeks where I have been able to enjoy the pregnancy.  

Having relationship problems at the moment which isn't so nice. Not sure if I'm very sensitive because of hormones etc or if I am actually being emotionally abused. Either way I just feel a wreck so trying to work through that. 

I'm so happy to be pregnant and can't wait to meet my mini me but I must admit I never thought it would be so tough mentally and physically. 

• Options

Welcome so excited, lovely to have you here! Will you be going back to work come September and then going off on mat leave a few weeks later? 

Rosy1984, so sorry to hear about your relationship problems. That's not good at all. People don't often tell you how mentally tough being pregnant can be, you're right about that for sure.