Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2018

Replies

• Options

Hey everyone. We thought as the 20 weeks scans are rolling in, it would be great to start a list of due dates and sex of babies, for those that know. 
    So, just add your own and then copy and paste the list.

Username - Due date - Pink, yellow or blue

• Options

GH29 - 08/11/2018 - Blue!

• Options

Kaya1312 - 09/11/2018 - Pink!

• Options

LoveElmo 13/11/18 Pink!

• Options

Erithiel - 24/11/2018 - Yellow

• Options

First, I know you mean well, but I'm not ok with pink/blue, it starts innocent enough (just colours right?) but the sexes are segregated here from birth, colours, gendered toys, appropriate gender praises (cute!, princess!, brave! etc), behaviours and on and on.

It might be hard for you to see but it's shocking for me to observe. Especially in countries that pride themselves by fighting for equality. For comparison, I grew up in a communist country and it was less sexist in many ways than UK, US etc. No pink/blue areas in toys shops, clothing etc. I was told that I could, and more that I better get grades 9 & 10 out of 10 in maths and science, men and women were equally represented as doing hard work on the Party's manifestos etc. Etc etc

I went on to finish computer science and in the offices here in the UK for the last almost 10 years I've been here I've never seen a British woman in IT, some (few) in a kinda mix profession (more to the business side), but plenty of women from India (from what I've talked to them, in India - in their middle class (the poor are still sexist) women are told that they can and again that they better do well in science etc if they want a better life).

So yes, talk about feminism is not enough, and innocent and well meaning attitudes etc do harm.

If you don';t believe me there's been even documentaries done here in UK about the effect this has. Sorry forgot the name, but by age 7 girls already underestimate themselves about their ability to do maths etc.

CristinaNov18 - 02/11/2018 - Girl!

• Options

image Still Pink!

• Options

LoveElmo 13/11/18 Pink!

Sky123 8/11/18 -blue

Hope everyone is well and scans go okay! 

• Options

Hey sky, I’ve been off the radar for a while with work and honeymoon etc I had my scan Monday but have to go back Friday little missy was moving too much they couldn’t see her stomach properly and need to make sure there is fluid in to she she can swallow and also check her spine so I’m back on Friday they didn’t seem concerned so il get another peek at her then.

how are you keeping I keep getting back headaches sometimes have to go to bed but apart from that I’m eh blooming as they say I.e HUGE 🤣 

• Options

Hey kaya1312. Had my scan yesterday amd guess what. Same issue, couldnt see stomach and spine. Unfortunately the lad doing the scan was doing her final exams to pass her course on me and so I felt so embarrassed. The examiner had to step in and after two walks around and three welsh cakes we finally got him to move. What a stubborn baby! 

Glad to here your doing well and everything's okay with your scan so far! Headaches are a pain but I guess we can take small amounts of paracetamol which is a blessing. 

Cute that youve got a bump going. 21 weeks tomorrow and I have barely anything to show! Im also yet to feel movements but apparently my placenta is in the way which can block the movements for some time. 

😁😁

• Options

Oh wow we sound very similar my placenta is at the front also so is blocking the movements. Looks like we have trouble on our hands ha ha!!

they kept pressing and prodding trying to get baby into position but nope she was having none of it. We did get a clear pic of her foot tho bless it was cute we saw her little toes 💕

have you started looking at prams yet? I think we’re going in a couple of weeks very exciting hee hee 

• Options

Blue!

We have to go back for another scan next week as baby wouldn’t stretch his legs out so they could check them properly so need that and skeleton looked at!! 

• Options

The feet were the only good picture we got too! Not started looking at prams yet but have been buying clothes. I have no idea what sizes to buy they are all so different. 

Its a shame they could not see everything bex94 but its definitely for the best that they doo. Plus you get another look at baby which is fab in itself. 

• Options

CristinaNov18 - good to hear all is good 😊 and I was thinking about the pillow, but at the moment I can still manage without, so probably will wait a bit.. the only thing I am worried about is if it will make me feel even hotter 😃 I am definitely going to have umbilical cord blood stored for our little girl 😊 stem cells are amazing (I personally worked with them too) and I understand your frustration with blue and pink, I am definitely going to raise my children equally and hopefully the fact that my hubby will be sharing the load of child-care will help with their “gender role bias” but I would not be having a go at Danielle here, as most women are talking about team blue and pink and you won’t change the fact that girls here talk about pink and blue

GH29 - heat is bad for me at night especially as it makes me wake up even more often.. Bex94 - congratulations on your little boy! 😊 

Kaya1312 - where did you go for honeymoon? good luck on the second scan on Friday for you then 😊 I think it might be just her over-activity 😊 and with regards to your pram question 😊 I know which one I want, but we will buy it in around month time 😊 hopefully all will go well on the scan next week

Sky123 - I am 19+2 now and still almost nothing to show.. If I wear dresses it can be like is she fat or pregnant? but mostly just fat 😃 nobody who does not know me would guess otherwise.. but I heard that for many women it happens “overnight” between 19-22 week 😃 so we will see what time will bring 😊

For me I am just starting to be so emotional these days.. I cannot help it but I feel like crying from all the little things and hubby can make me super annoyed/upset very easily.. I feel "movements" a bit more, it is just that I felt few "pops" before and these days I can notice them low more often, but I hope it will be proper movements soon :) Glad our ladies are doing well :)

• Options

LoveElmo 13/11/18 Pink!

Sky123 8/11/18 -blue

Bex94 - blue

Everness 19/11/18 -  girl 💜

• Options

Here you go guys... 

CristinaNov18 – 2 Nov - Girl!

GH29 – 8 Nov - Blue!
    Sky123 – 8 Nov-blue
    Kaya1312 – 9 Nov - Pink!
    LoveElmo – 13 Nov - Pink!
    Everness – 19 Nov -  girl 💜
    Erithiel – 24 Nov – Yellow
    Bex94 – XX Nov – blue

So have you all started buying the big stuff now, like prams and cots and what not? 

• Options

CristinaNov18 – 2 Nov - Girl!

GH29 – 8 Nov - Blue!
    Sky123 – 8 Nov-blue
    Kaya1312 – 9 Nov - Pink!
    LoveElmo – 13 Nov - Pink!

zgab16 - 13 Nov - blue 
    Everness – 19 Nov -  girl 💜 
    Erithiel – 24 Nov – Yellow
    Bex94 – XX Nov – blue

i have bought my pram and a load of other stuff (went wild in mothercare) 😂😂 not any clothes really yet as was waiting for scan which was Wednesday - going baby clothes shopping today 😊 has anyone else started buying? 

• Options

Hey zgab fanatastic! We’re going pram shopping soon what did you go for everyone keeps recommending the icandy peach. 

• Options

zgab16 - what did you buy so far? :) good luck on the shopping today :) I am waiting for my scan next Thursday still.. it is going so slow sometimes :D 

• Options

We looked at the icandy peach but decided to go with the strawberry in mustard yellow (yellow is my fave colour!) because though it didn’t fold up as small, it is quite a bit lighter. I am a wimp and the weight mattered to me haha. We also got a play mat, bouncer, baby bath, breast pump, baby monitor, thermometer and a load of other stuff :) on the bus into town to begin the shop.. so excited to buy tiny socks!!! 

Yeah the wait until the scan felt like it lasted forever 😂😂 but it’s well worth it it’s incredible how much they grow! ours was moving around so much it was adorable. What time is yours On Thursday? X