Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in November 2019

Replies

• Options
    @mrsg101 it’s natural to worry, ring your birth centre tomorrow, they will have people in and they will reassure you. Everyone is different, but having had a previous mc myself, it’s unmistakable. Like a heavy period and bright red. 

As for symptoms, don’t worry if you’ve had no sickness. I’ve got two boys and I didn’t get any nausea or sickness at all with them. I almost felt left out 😂 However I’m currently 6+2 and I have felt so rough this week - no sickness, but constant nausea like sea sickness. 

As a a midwife I can say with certainty that every woman and every pregnancy is so very different, we will all travel our own different journeys x
  • Options
    @MrsG101 I had that last time with my daughter, all was fine. I panicked and called 111, they had me into the would that same night and said the same brown is a small amount of old blood possibly from implantation. Red is fresh like has been said above. I'm a worrier and I would still be called them, and that same daughter is almost 2 now lol
  • Options
    The would? The EPU lol
  • Options
    I am 8 weeks. I would defo call just to check but chances are they will reassure you brown blood should be fine, I'm having cramps as well which you don't even have! If it turns red I would call 111 over the weekend xx 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :-). I got up a couple of times in the night, I’ve had no more brown spotting and no sign of any bleeding. I noticed it at around 4pm but haven’t had any new spotting since, I’m still going to let the midwife know tomorrow though x
  • Options
    Happy Mothers day Mummas and Mummas-to-be! Hopefully all these babies are behaving for us today!

I'm currently waiting on breakfast in bed while my little monkey empties the contents of my bedside table on top of me 😂
  • Options
    Happy mother’s day ladies! 
    Healthygenes have you told your parents? Xx
  • Options
    Best mothers day ever. Evelyn got me a box of my fave Mint Lindor and my puke showed up 5 minutes later before I could even open them 😂. I've only just finished the ones I got last time I was pregnant 😂
  • Options
    We have been out for a lovely dinner then puked up once I got home, just trying to sort my holiday things out and only one pair of shorts feel comfy, :( I just feel huge xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, it's been a busy day here just sorting stuff out, going food shopping etc. Having a rest on Mother's Day with a toddler is a challenge but I got a few nice pressies lol

I meant to say the other day but forgot, those who are having their first baby SLAP THE CREAM ON NOW! I'm not even joking, i wish I had done as soon as I found out, it may have slowed down the stretch marks. I'm 5ft 2 and I had an 8lb 10oz baby, believe me, I look like a tiger 😂
    It's not guaranteed to work, but it's got to be worth a try! I've already started putting Palmer's butter on in the hope I don't get marks on top of marks! 

• Options
    Happy Mother’s days to you mums / mums to be :-) ! Oooh that’s a good shout actually. I haven’t started using anything creams / oils yet for stretch marks. Is Palmers good? Xxx
  • Options
    Well, I was stupid enough to leave it until after I started showing and didn't keep to it religiously like I should have and I basically have a deflated balloon "mum bod" 😂 there is no shame in it anymore haha it's got to be worth a try right? I heard some people just don't get them other people are just supposed to have them, I think I'm one of them. 

The good thing about Palmer's is not only do you start to smell like a kinder egg, you eventually start to look like one! 
  • Options
    😂😂😂😂 A Kinder egg!

I use to get stretch marks as a teenager actually so maybe I should start now. I’m a permanent stage of bloating already hahaha!
  • Options
    Loz27 yep I told my dad and stepmum last night. Dad cried, he’s such a softie these days! Stepmum was as expected- said it was lovely news then proceeded to criticise me on everything 🙄

Told Mam today, she was really smiley but didn’t cry which I really thought she would as she’s normally so emotional, she asked who she could tell and we’ve said she can tell her sister, my auntie, nearer the end of next week as we still haven’t told DH’s sister and bro which we will next week at some point. I will let her tell my auntie as she lives alone and is severely disabled, she will want to share her news and get excited with someone in between my visits but I don’t want her carers knowing yet as they are a bit over active on Facebook. 

Anyone else told parents this weekend with it being mother’s day?

bluehawaii I’ve been using Weleda stretch mark oil for a couple of weeks already as I am really prone to stretch marks and even if it doesn’t work I thought its worth a try with it being my first. My boobs already feel huge and stretched, I’m bound to get some new ones (already have stretch marks from puberty unfortunately although they are the silvery ones rather than purple/red).

Anyone else feel like they may need a new bra already? I’m already quite busty, size 10/12 and DD cup. Starting to feel very dumpy although the scales reckon I’ve only put on a kilo since BFP. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, we’re giving away 5 pairs of tickets to The Baby Show in Birmingham, happening 17-19 May. If you’d like to win them, find the thread here in Latest
  • Options
    I must have really removed the nausea from my memory but my god this is awful, the past week its getting worse and worse and im only 6 weeks! I dont remember getting it this early with my other pregnancies ☹️ I can deal with painbut my god sickness/nausea i cant deal with. Im 6+1 and im already getting this and really really bloated to the point you can notice it in my clothes! I feel like im way further along..... I just needed a whinge coz feeling sorry myself ha 
  • Options
    @emmaa19 I’m the same. I had zero nausea or sickness with my previous two pregnancies but I’m 6+4 now and the nausea is horrific. I feel like I’ve got constant sea sickness 🤢
  • Options
    LadyF-B said:
    @emmaa19 I’m the same. I had zero nausea or sickness with my previous two pregnancies but I’m 6+4 now and the nausea is horrific. I feel like I’ve got constant sea sickness 🤢
    Isn’t it the worst, doesnt help thatvmy little boy is off school sick and im having to rub his back whilst he vomits. The two of us just heaving away... 
  • Options
    @emmaa19 @LadyF-B I hate the sickness. Mine is back with a vengeance - just before the 6 week mark. I'm at the GP this afternoon to sort out my meds before it gets out of control. Last time I ended up in hospital on a drip at 6+4 and have zero plan to repeat it! 
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Apr 1, 2019 11:16AM
    Probably twins for all you ladies suffering with nausea 😂 

I'm shamelessly going to boast that I had slight nausea for a couple of weeks with my daughter around tea time, which meant by husband had to fend for himself on the evenings, but hopefully I'll go the same way and miss it this time around. I've said it now, I'll be the one with HG lol

I know one the old wives tales is ginger makes it better, but sadly ginger biscuits don't have enough in them. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions