Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2021

124»

Replies

• Options
    Hi everyone, I haven’t introduced myself on here yet but i’m currently 18+3 and due 03/11/21.
    I just wanted to ask everyone’s opinion on getting the covid vaccine. I’m really sat in the fence, as I am concerned about what the repercussions could be 2-3 years down the line for my unborn baby.
    any opinions would be greatly appreciated! :) x
  • Options
    @Ubaka I am so sorry about your miscarriage, I've been through it and know how devastating it is 😭. I hope you have your rainbow baby soon xxx 

@Mrs.hood aww that is soo sweet 😊. Wow about the breast milk, my boobs have not even changed much (only slightly bigger) and im 18 weeks tomorrow 🤣🙈. It could be because this will be my first baby?

@Leo86 Heya and welcome, the threads a bit quiet, but hopefully it picks up once we all get our 12 or 20 weeks scan out the way. I completely understand about the covid jab. I am terrified of getting covid in the third trimester 😥 so I think I will most likely get it after my 20 week anomaly scan. The early research looks promising that it is safe for pregnancy e.g. no increase risk of miscarriage, abnormalities or stillbirth. But longterm data is lacking which is what makes me anxious, but I did read that normally any longterm effects will show up by 2 months after the jab. There is also more data expected to come in the summer which will hopefully be before we enter our third trimester. Have you spoken to your midwife or GP about it? How is your pregnancy going? Is this your first? 

Ladies what stuff do you still need to buy? I've not bought anything and am waiting until after the 20 week anomaly scan.
  • Options
    @rachelpark Heya, I can't wait to meet my little one too lol. This is my first, although had 2 previous miscarriages so I'm a bit anxious. I am due 8th November ☺️. Have you had your 20 week scan yet? Mine is in 3 weeks and just want it over and done with so I can get buying stuff lol. I hope you don't mind I'll be asking you loads as feel like I don't have a clue about anything lol xx

Has anyone started feeling movements yet? I have and its such a weird feeling but so happy knowing shes in there ok. 
  • Options
    @Sjy87 thank you for the warm welcome 😀 I’ve been following this thread for a while and have noticed it is quieter than others.

Thanks for letting me know your opinion on this. I pretty much have the same opinion as you, terrified about catching it in my third trimester as I’ve read some horror stories.

I have spoken to my midwife and I asked her personal opinion and she said if it was her, she wouldn’t as it’s the repercussions later down the line for example when the child becomes a toddler, could potential effects of the vaccine start to show.
    I live in Bournemouth and currently it’s not bad where I live. She said that if it were to return to where we were jan/feb time, she would then get the vaccine, as the risks would outweigh her concerns.

This is my second baby, I have a 14 month old boy who was born via c-section (due to him being breech) on the first wave 03/04/2020. It was a bit scary at the as we didn’t know much about covid at the time, there was limited testing and the fact I was going into hospital for a potentially longer stay than a natural birth. So this reassures me a little as my risk of catching would have been far higher at that time than say now and I was ok, but maybe I was just very lucky.xx

• Options

almost 20 weeks and baby is huge she weighs almost a full pound already and is kicking like crazy i had my 18-20 week scan and she is perfect my oldest daughter was born with bilateral club foot and was very happy to hear there are no signs of her little sister having it as well i am a very happy momma
  • Options
    @Ashbugg23 Aww wow amazing. Shes such a strong girl 😊. Was your first daughter similiar in size? What did she end up weighing at birth? Do you have much to buy? You've probably got a lot of stuff still with already having your little girl 😊.

I had my scan on Monday was suchhh a relief and now starting to finally buy things and have announced to everyone. My little bub is tiny 🤣 but consultant said its because I'm tiny so its normal. Now to just get through the next 18 weeks 🤣.

@Leo86 Hey lady, how are you doing? Did you end up getting the covid jab? I've still not had it but getting worried with cases increasing 🙈. Have you had your anomaly scan yet? Also wanted to ask will tou be VBAC or an elective caesarean? Just wondering the recovery for a caesarean, as I may need to have one which will make bub end up a November baby 😊.

Also to everyone, has anyone had their whopping cough vaccine? I'm thinking of getting mine at 32 weeks.
  • Options
    Morning @Sjy87
    I haven’t had my covid jab but am in the exactly same mind frame as you, I’m getting very nervous and stressed about the cases going up. Yesterday was almost 28k, it’s also above average cases in my area now too.
    I really don’t want to have the jab but feel like I’m basically going to have to have it to protect myself in 3rd trimester and to avoid early labour which could have consequences for my newborn. I’m going to give it a few more weeks I think and wait to see if the ease the final restrictions etc.

I’m glad your scan went well and how exciting that you’ve started to buy things! 😃 
    do you know what you’re having?

so my consultant has put me on a plan where as long as this baby isn’t breech and if I go into labour naturally before 40 weeks then it will be VBAC, however, I do have my c section booked in for 3rd November. This is because due to my length of time between babies (19 months) there is a higher risk of my uterus rupturing after 40 weeks and also if I were to have an induction the risk goes up too.
    my consultant also will not let me go past my due date in my pregnancies as I lost a baby girl at 22 weeks years ago.

c section recovery isn’t pleasant for the 1st week and then it gradually gets easier. By 6 weeks I felt completely back to normal but knew internally I wasn’t, so took it very easy.

I've had the whooping cough vaccine and have had no issues xx
  • Options
    @Sjy87 my daughter was allot smaller than her weighing only 6 pounds 9 ounces at birth but never measured behind in weight or anything just a tiny baby and yes i still have a ton of stuff from her sister i can give to her but also bought new stuff swing and bassinet for her and some new clothes and toys for her so i thing i need to buy now is a car seat for her and diapers and wipes need to be stocked up but other than that im set i started buying stuff really early but got all gender neutral colors so now starting to buy more girly pink stuff lolol
  • Options
    @Leo86 I feel exactly the same way about the covid jab. I'll also give it a couple of weeks to see what happens but its likely I'll get the jab 😐. Can you let me know if you have yours and how it goes etc. I'll defo get the whopping cough at about 32 weeks.

Yeah I'm having a little girl, I knew it in my gut lol and I'm soo happy. Do you know what your having?

I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your little girl at 22 weeks, soo heartbreaking 😥. I'm glad you have a good consultant looking after you 😊.

Thanks for the info about the caesarean section recovery. I'll know if I'm having one by the end of the month when I see my consultant. 

@Ashbugg23 aw thats tiny. I think my little girl is going to be tiny like that. Lol me too and the pink buying 🙈, I'm really going to try and get other colours but the pink clothes look soo cute 🤣
  • Options
    the last two days my pelvis has been so awfully sore like to the touch it feels like i got hit in the groin with a sludge hammer and its making it very painful to walk and do just about anything anyone else having bad pelvic pain like this

• Options
    Hi @Sjy87
    I've booked my jab for Monday 12th. I’ve decided I’m going for it as I just think it’s too risky now.

How exciting, you can go and buy all the baby girl bits!
    We haven’t found out this time what we’re having, we’re going to wait for the big day! Xx
  • Options
    @Ashbugg23 I have been getting pelvic pains on and off but honestly I don't know if they are bowel pains or not. If yours are very painful always best to get it checked out 😊. How is it now?

Hey @Leo86 thanks for letting me know. How did it go? Any side effects? It's so worrying what is going to happen on the 19th July. I'm gonna have to get the vaccine soon as no way to hide from Covid now with 100,000 cases a day predicted 😭.

Aw that will be a nice surprise 😊. 

What upstairs/downstairs cots or cribs are people using/buying. There's so much to choose from 😮
  • Options
    Hey @Sjy87,

So I’ve had the jab and the only side effects I’ve had is a sore arm and yesterday I had a bit of a headache but not sure if this was related. I don’t really get headaches, so I think it was.
    I also went for a checkup with a midwife just so they could listen in to heartbeat etc. Just to reassure me. I will let you know if I have any further side effects.

I agree it’s unavoidable now, not unless you do some serious isolation. The amount of people I know who are having to isolate due to coming into contact with a covid case is crazy. Once they stop the isolation rules it’s only going to get worse. X

Regarding cribs, I had a Next to Me for my son which I will use again for my newborn. I think this time I will just buy a cheap Moses basket for downstairs during the day. I’m found with my son he was quite alert 6-8 weeks so we’d put him in a baby bouncer or the Mama Roo x
  • Options
    @Sjy87 it still feels awful my doc said it was pretty normal just pelvic girdle pain nothing to be worried about just my body doing to good of a job at relaxing to make room for the baby 😫all i know is it suuuckkks lol but all for the best reason i cant complain to much cause i get a beautiful baby girl out of it :)

• Options
    Hey ladies, how is everyone doing? 

Just wondering if palm Moses baskets need to have a liner to use for baby or can you use one undressed (so just with a mattress/mattress protector, fitted sheet for mattress and a tucked in baby blanket etc)?
  • Options

Charlie Rose Hood born 11/13/2021 
    She weighed 7 pounds 14oz and was 19in long 

• Options
    Congratulations, absolutely beautiful. My little princess arrived a few weeks early 😊 weighing a tiny 5 pounds 10 ounces xx. I hope you are both well xx