Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2020

Replies

• Options
    Hi everyone. 

So I went a bit quite... I was experiencing a lot of pain to the point I was having to breath through the cramps and search for ways to get comfortable. I found most of my pain fell on my right side although in the end my entire stomach was tender to touch. I saw a doctor who was sure I was having an ectopic pregnancy and booked me for an emergency scan. Thankfully the baby is growing exactly where it should be -  I also saw it’s gorgeous heart beating 💗.

I just wanted to write this on here because if you’re experiencing pain on your right side it’s important to get checked out dolls. Ectopic pregnancies can be life threatening to you so please don’t ignore it. 

Sorry if this sounds panic worthy. I just had a really scary couple of days and it’s made me realise how important it is to get yourself checked in these circumstances. 

On a positive note seeing my little ones heart beat was just amazing and it all feels so positive now x
  • Options
    @XOXO1 oh my goodness you must have been so scared, bless you.  How far along are you again? It's hard to keep up. 

Did they know what caused the pain?x
  • Options
    @XOXO1 oh bless you how scary! I’m so glad everything is ok and you got to see your baby’s heartbeat ❤️ Do they know what caused your pain? Xx
  • Options
    @CharHughes @SmithL35 Aww thank you both - it's nice to know I am not going crazy.  The previous MM were at 11 weeks (stopped growing at 9) and at 6 weeks (stopped growing at 5) and both times there was no blood or any indication so I have never truly felt calm or settled in this pregnancy, despite seeing a beautiful heartbeart at 6w3d.  Fingers crossed I relax a little...10 week scan is only a few weeks away...

I've had a private scan, and although the outcome was not great, they were brilliant.  It can be expensive but worth the money if you have a long wait ahead!  xx
  • Options
    @XOXO1 So glad everything is okay!  How far gone are you now?  xx
  • Options
    @XOXO1 so pleased you & baby are okay! X 
    @LaurenJane that’s scary you had no bleeding or signs about your MM. I lost at 9weeks (stopped growing at 7) but I was bleeding for like 3 weeks straight. God I hate these first weeks. I’m at the DR next week, after that i really want to book an early scan about 8 weeks but OH isn’t keen xx 
  • Options
    @CharHughes I know!  It makes it so much harder to relax as I didn't have any telltale / warning signs at all and thought everything was going well.  In the end, they had to give me tablets to encourage the miscarriage as my body wasn't playing ball.  However, despite all our challenges, the risk of miscarriage is still really low so we must think positively :-)  

Why is your other half not keen?  
  • Options
    CharHughesCharHughes Regular
    edited Jan 21, 2020 10:50AM
    @LaurenJane I’m sick of reading things. It makes me worse so I’m not Googling questions anymore. Lol. 
    When I was pregnant with DD I didn’t even know until I was 13weeks and I sailed through without doubting anything. I’ve never realised the pressure of what woman go through until I experienced it myself. 
    I think OH is scared deep down, we had an early scan with me bleeding at 6weeks & got baby’s heartbeat but 3 weeks later I MC so it’s like false hope. He wants to wait until baby is few weeks older before we scan xx 
  • Options
    Morning, how us everyone doing?x
  • Options
    SmithL35 said:
    Morning, how us everyone doing?x
    Is! 😆
  • Options
    Morning @SmithL35 Urgh ive woke up full of flu :(. How’s you? x
  • Options
    Grey :-( bleurgh! 

Hope everyone else feeling ok x
  • Options
    Morning @SmithL35 Urgh ive woke up full of flu :(. How’s you? x
    Oh no!! Can you take anything? 
    I'm ok, have some aches and pains but thankfully nothing bad. X
  • Options
    Baby3! said:
    Grey :-( bleurgh! 

Hope everyone else feeling ok x
    Tired! X
  • Options
    @SmithL35 you can take paracetamol but I’ve not took any. I perk up through the day so been fine so far. 

Has anyone had a midwife app yet? X 
  • Options
    That's good then @CharHughes :)

Mine isn't until the 6th so another 2 weeks :( wish it was sooner. X
  • Options
    Hope everyone feels better soon, I think it starts to tail off a bit around week 12-14 fingers crossed. 

I still need to contact a midwife, doesn't seem real yet and September doesn't sound that far away! 

Im mostly dreading telling work so just putting it to the back of my mind for now lol x
  • Options
    Baby3! said:
    Hope everyone feels better soon, I think it starts to tail off a bit around week 12-14 fingers crossed. 

I still need to contact a midwife, doesn't seem real yet and September doesn't sound that far away! 

Im mostly dreading telling work so just putting it to the back of my mind for now lol x
    I just can't believe it yet, and I don't think I'll feel less anxious at all x
  • Options
    Hi anyone feeling sleepy and sluggish all day ? I have a toddler so she dsnt let me sleep all day:/
  • Options
    skmum said:
    Hi anyone feeling sleepy and sluggish all day ? I have a toddler so she dsnt let me sleep all day:/
    I am quite tired but as a Reception teacher I usually am haha. I'm finding I have to go to the loo 3 or 4 times in the night so that's not helping x
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions