Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2021

Replies

• Options
    Ah @PGmama I’m glad it went well! Sounds like a cheeky pickle though! 

Any news on your tests @TeeAli22?

Got my 12 week scan on Tuesday morn (finally!) x
  • Options
    @Olivia1990 I had the CVS done last Thursday so just the agonising wait for the results now! Hopefully I will get them today ... fingers crossed! 

Glad your scan came through ... hope you get the see baby clearly tomorrow!! So exciting! :) xx
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 Fingers crossed for you that the results come through quickly. Not knowing is the absolute worst feeling I can think of. Should the CVS give you a definitive answer or is it still a risk score?
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 thank you! The results will give me a definite yes or no as they look at the chromosomes and count them! They will also find out the sex but I've asked them not to tell me! Lets hope they call today! :) 
  • Options
    Hope you’ve heard now @TeeAli22 ? You’re so restrained not knowing sex haha I’d be straight in there! 😂

Just had my scan. So lovely 💗🥰

• Options
    @Olivia1990 what a lovely picture! Glad everything went well! I'm awful at this but I'm going to have a guess you're having a girl! haha!

And no :( I've literally just rang up and the receptionist said she is going to get the midwife to call me back but can't say what time. It's been an awful few days waiting around!! 
    And a small part of me hopes the just tell me the sex by accident haha! xx
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 oh my gosh what an excruciating wait!! You poor thing! I really hope they call you back soon! Haha yeah listen for any he/she clues 😂

yeah I’m terrible at guessing too but just joined some nub theory pages on Facebook 😂😂🙈 fully obsessed! I think I’d vote girl too but I’ll see what the general consensus is there! My due date is 23rd Sept :) x
  • Options
    @Olivia1990 I think I'm going to call every hour until they get fed up of me haha!

Do you have a preference to boy or girl? And have you done the Chinese gender prediction? Mine says boy based on that ha! X
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 yeah I think you should! Yeah I think sometimes they forget that these results are all people can think about until they get them. 

I actually don’t mind! I have a girl already and LOVE it. I’m quite a girly girl (as is my husband haha) so I would LOVE to have another one as I always wanted a sister (I have three brothers) but equally I’d be delighted to have one of each! So I feel very fortunate! 

X
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 I looked at the Chinese gender prediction for my little boy recently, he should've been a girl according to that 😄
  • Options
    @Olivia1990 ahh that's lovely you don't mind either way! I have 3 sisters so can trade you for a brother if you like? ha!

@Curiosity101 I love it when they are wrong haha! Still, a bit of fun until September arrives! x
  • Options
    Morning ladies! FINALLY had my results back and been given the all clear! Baby definitely doesn't have Downs, Edwards or Patau, which is such a relief! :) And I managed to avoid finding out the sex ... for now haha!

Hope everyone is doing okay! x
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Mar 17, 2021 8:49AM
    @TeeAli22 Fantastic news. Results aside, I bet you're so glad to have a definitive answer! 😊 Well done on avoiding finding out gender, I definitely don't have anywhere near your patience. 

I've even considered moving my 16 weeks gender scan to 15 weeks 🤣. The place we're going to is happy to do them at 15w+ but I just feel like that extra week will probably make it a more confident result. 
  • Options
    That’s great news @TeeAli22 such a relief! 
    I’ve had a really rough couple of weeks, my BP is all over the place so I’m back on medication which is making me feel awful and they’re now questioning whether my placenta is functioning as it should, so I’m also on aspirin until the end of pregnancy 🙄
    All very worrying and it has definitely taken its toll on my anxiety. Just taking each day as it comes and trying to stay positive! I’m 15+3 now xx
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 yes definitely glad to know and now I can start properly planning everything!

I'm not going to lie, when you all find out it's going to be so hard not to! haha! Keep us posted!! :) 
  • Options
    @Yorkie87 sorry to hear you are having a tough time! I know what you mean about the anxiety but I have tried to think of it as at least baby is getting monitored more and you get to see them progress more! :) plus they are more likely to know if anything isn't going as expected! Hope your BP settles down soon! xx
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 that’s wonderful news about your little one. I wish I could wait till birth to find out the sex, but I need to now haha I have a private scan on Friday to reveal gender and my husband can come which is great as he can’t come to my hospital ultrasounds. 

I just had my blood test for genetic screening I’m week 16 I was unable to have genetic screen blood test in 1st trimester as I had a vanishing twin. Now I have the anxious wait for results. 

@Yorkie87 hopefully your BP stabilises on medication. That’s a good outlook. Stay positive and take each day as it comes😊
  • Options
    @Bunnissa ahh that's nice your partner can go with you tomorrow and you can find out together! :)
    My partner is convinced it's a boy (he thinks the first born should be a male ... weird!) so is going to be massively disappointed if a girl comes along but he's also adamant he doesn't want to find out haha!!

Am I the only one in the group not finding out the sex?? I'm going to find it so hard not to if you all know ha! x
  • Options
    I won’t be finding out either, I didn’t with my son and it was the best surprise ever!! xx
  • Options
    @Yorkie87 yaayy! Thank goodness ha! How are you feeling today? x