Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2021

Replies

• Options
    Before I got pregnant last time I always thought I wouldn't want to know until the baby arrived. I used to say "It'd be good to have that as a surprise at the end". So I was really surprised when I felt completely different once I was pregnant. I think it's partly cause I love planning and getting things ready. 

I definitely don't mind what we're having this time. Just excited to find out. 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 so nice you don't mind and are equally excited to find out!
    I like being organised and we've come to thinking about the nursery. The room we are converting already has a dusty pink wall so it's really tempting now to find out to see whether to change it or not ha! But think we are going to go for more of a neutral and animal / safari type theme anyways! :) 
  • Options
    Everyone is different and that’s what makes each journey so different and exciting for the individual couples, you just have to do what feels right for you at the time 🥰
    Nope I still feel awful, he was up quite early this morning and I’m counting down the minutes till nap time so I can close my eyes too!

Getting the nursery sorted is so exciting! This little one will just be going straight into the set up we already have, which is a neutral safari theme. I’m getting quite emotional at the thought of my little boy going into the big room 😭 xx
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Mar 18, 2021 10:08AM
    @TeeAli22 that's the funny thing, we decorated our little boys room quite neutral, so it's not like I 'need' to know the gender for that either. His is white and green. We might do something similar for baby number 2. I've got a few ideas saved in Pinterest 😊

https://pin.it/47MYcq9
  • Options
    @Yorkie87 ah bless you hopefully you can get some rest come nap time. Really hoping you feel better soon! 

@Curiosity101 aww they are so cute! I haven't looked at the geometric shape ones yet but they are lovely. And I like the bear and the moon ha!
    I quite like the ones with the panelling ... saved some ideas to Pinterest too :smile:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/tamaraalice1/nursery-ideas/

• Options
    Ahhh @TeeAli22 I’m so pleased to hear your good news! What a relief!! 

Sorry to hear you’ve been having issues @Yorkie87 and are feeling anxious. I swear this idea of a blissful pregnancy is a myth! Feels more like an endless stream of sickness and anxiety! Haha

I was referred to an obstetrician as I have lupus, but thankfully had no problems with it last pregnancy and managed to get discharged at 36 weeks to book a home birth. But then had a call from the hospital the other day to say that my thyroid antibodies came back really high so have to see someone else about that too! One thing after another!! 

I’m finding out sex on 3rd April! I’ll only be 15+2 haha I’m so impatient 😂 
  • Options
    @Olivia1990 yes a massive relief!

Bless you... you seem to have had a bit of a rollercoaster ride too! Hope everything is okay! :) Bet you are counting down to finding out! not long now :) 
  • Options
    Glad to hear your all doing ok
    @TeeAli22 so pleased for and your positive results

i too just got my results back yesterday and everything came back really good and low risk so I finally feel like I can’t start enjoying it a bit more and have a little less worry! 

I told all my close friends and family and also told work too! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders as I was so scared to tell work (not sure why!!) I guess it’s just as it’s all so new but for the first time in forever I slept through the whole night last night!!

Has anyone else been unable to sleep? For the last 8 weeks I’ve woke up at 3am and I can never go back to sleep it’s been exhausting!! 

I’m so on edge about finding out the gender I really want to keep it a suprise but my partner wants to find out so we will see who gives in!! I just love the idea of getting to the end and still having a beautiful suprise to come at the end!! 

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and  take it easy 
  • Options
    Congrats, ladies! I recognize some of you from the ttc groups 😍 I’m due in August but wanted to pop over and see how you all are doing 😊

@Aplus how are you?? I’m having a girl, I remember you made a guess about the gender but can’t remember what your guess was 😆 I’ll be 21w on Wednesday and still having lots of nausea 😢 hope you’re doing better than I am. At least I feel the little lady moving all the time now 
  • Options
    @KristinO1987 great to hear from you and to see that you are doing well! :) I can't believe you are half way through already! Hope the nausea dies down for you!

Hope the rest of you ladies are well! I've been struggling with headaches recently but apart from that all good! Still awaiting my 20 week scan date through so going to chase that this week! :) x
  • Options
    Hey all 👋 - just wanted to let you all know we found out we're having another little boy. 💙🥰

And my 16+3 bump yesterday

I've already put on 7lb 🙈🙉 that's a good couple of lb more than the equivalent gestation with my first baby. Hoping things even out now I'm not nauseous all the time and therefore eating constantly to try and keep it at bay. 

Also have been feeling the little guy wriggling about and kicking several times a day now 🥰
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 congratulations on your little boy. I can’t wait till my little bump starts growing more. I am FTM and still can’t feel little bubs moving around yet. I’m 18weeks and have an anterior placenta so hoping I can feel him in a few weeks. We are also have a little boy we are so excited 💙💙I have already brought him a lot of outfits hehe. I’m waiting till my 20weeks scan before I buy more 🥰
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 aww congratulations!!! Such a cute pic and bump! Glad all is going well :) 
  • Options
    @Bunnissa congrats to you too! :) 2 boys already! How exciting! Hope you are doing well x
  • Options
    @Bunnissa That's lovely news, congratulations. With my first I definitely didn't have a bump at this stage at all. Just goes to show my abs aren't what they used to be! 😅

Enjoy this time and buying all those first bits and pieces. 😊
  • Options
    Ahhh so exciting!! Two little boys so far!! 

I’m finding out what we are having on Saturday morning- can’t wait!! 

I had an anterior placenta with my daughter- just checked my journal as had it out this morning and I felt first movements at 18 weeks but husband didn’t start feeling anything until 20. So hopefully not long @Bunnissa!! 
  • Options
    Congrats, ladies! I recognize some of you from the ttc groups 😍 I’m due in August but wanted to pop over and see how you all are doing 😊

@Aplus how are you?? I’m having a girl, I remember you made a guess about the gender but can’t remember what your guess was 😆 I’ll be 21w on Wednesday and still having lots of nausea 😢 hope you’re doing better than I am. At least I feel the little lady moving all the time now 
    Hey good to hear from you 😊 congratulations on your little girl! I think I guessed boy. 😆 I can't remember, did you have a preference? I'm glad you're doing well. I'm doing good, my appetite is weird sometimes but the last couple of days its been really good,  I'm 16w 1d now and baby is doing well 😊 I hope  your nausea eases up soon! I've had terrible heartburn for a while now, it's horrible, I find myself eating tums at midnight lol. Thank you for updating me about the baby! I so appreciate it 😘 I would do the same, only I've decided I want it to be a surprise seeing as this is my 4th child, and I'm not sure right now if we'll have more so it could be the last, I've never had the element of surprise giving birth, I knew the gender  all 3 times so I want to experience the surprise this time around 😊 I have to know how it feels! 
  • Options
    I'm glad to see everyone here doing well, all the pictures are lovely 😍 
  • Options
    @Aplus glad to hear you are doing well ❤️ It’s fun to have a surprise at birth. We did that with my last birth. We already have a boy and girl and I really didn’t know what I wanted but I’m glad it’s a girl. Boys are definitely different and I’m not very used to them 😆 I remember eating so many Tums with my daughter 🙊

@TeeAli22 thanks and congrats to you too! I’m 21w today and still kinda can’t believe it. I never really believe it, even after baby is born. It’s very surreal 😆
  • Options
    @KristinO1987
    😆 Yeah they are so different that's true. And yes tums are a lifesaver!