Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2021

Replies

• Options
    Hey girls, hope everyone’s doing ok! So exciting for everyone who has found out the gender so far! We have decided not to find out as we love the thought of the complete suprise! 

I’m 17+4 today with my 20 week scan booked for 28th April! Met with my midwife last week which was lovely and heard babies hear beat for the first time 🥰! 

Been so lucky throughout this whole pregnancy and honestly if we hadn’t of been trying and I didn’t know my dates to a tee I wouldn’t know I was pregnant! No real symptoms apart from tiredness so I must have done something right in my past life haha

Bump is starting to show only very slightly and looks more of a bloat but so exciting to see!  

Hope you all have a lovely day ☺️
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Hope all’s well :) 
    Bump is starting to peek out a bit now and I’m feeling good post private scan. 

Our little one was much more behaved this scan and did a fair few poses moving around all over. 

Also - NEWS - it’s a girl! 

Despite feeling like it might be a boy all along, our first baby will be a little girl and we’re super excited!

Debating properly over names now and hoping to feel some kicking soon. 

Besides that, we’re taking some time off later this week and we may have an opportunity to go do some kayaking over a pretty still river. I’m quite keen to do it and given the bump isn’t too big yet, I figure I’ll be as steady getting in and out of the kayak as I was pretty pregnancy ..

but just to be sure... wondered if anyone has gone through the same and if I’m forgetting to consider a tricky bit about kayaking whilst pregnant ?

thanks!
  • Options
    * as steady as I was Pre pregnancy! *
  • Options
    @PGmama congratulations on a little girl! How lovely! I haven't kayaked in agess so I'm no help but if you've done it before, know what you're doing and are confident doing it I'm sure it'll be a lovely day out for you! :) Enjoy it before the bump comes out in all it's glory!! ha! xx
  • Options
    @PGmama I agree if your comfortable and confident with kayaking it sounds like a really nice day. My husband and I have booked a cottage by the lake at a National park next month and plan on going kayaking. We haven’t kayaked in a year, however, I think it should still be fine. 😊 congratulations on your little girl, how sweet 💞 I had our anatomy scan and our little boy was so stubborn the scan took an hour and half. Everything was good and our boy is in perfect health. My placenta though is a bit unusual it’s bilobed so I have posterior and an anterior placenta. Not sure if it’s because I had a vanishing twin 🤔 I have read it doesn’t cause to many issues waiting to hear from my OB, I think she may just recommended regular scans from here on out to check on it. 
  • Options
    Thanks all! Will be going for it! 
  • Options
    Hey all - 20+1 today so (in theory) halfway there! Can't believe the time that's passed already. Although it certainly felt slow at the time! We're painting the baby's room today and tomorrow :D can't wait for it to be done. 

How is everyone?

• Options
    @Curiosity101 I'm bang on track with you! :) Your bump is growing nicely :)
    glad to be over the half way mark! What are you going for in the nursery? I know you sent a few ideas over before! We wallpapered one of the walls yesterday and got a new rug. Just awaiting the furniture to arrive! 

Hope everyone is well! :) x
  • Options
    @TeeAli22 - Oo, when is your scan booked in for?

This is our little one from today :smile:

He's breech at the moment but other than that everything was perfect  :D

This is the design I made for the nursery...

This is where we got to as of this evening...Still need to do the last mountain, clouds, and balloons on the big wall. And the tree stencils on the left wall.

And the pictures I've got for the wall on the left. Originally I was going to do photos in frames but realised that could be dangerous...

I also designed some for my toddler's room which we put up today...

I promise we did hang them straight, I've managed to take a picture from a funny angle though and so they look wonky on the picture.

• Options
    Yorkie87Yorkie87 Regular
    edited Apr 26, 2021 9:09PM
    Omg @Curiosity101 that is fabulous! Really love the theme, you’re very talented! 

I’m 21+1 today and been dealing with a rotten cold for nearly two weeks now, sucks not being able to take anything other than paracetamol. Still on BP medication but the anomaly scan went well last week, baby is growing on the larger side, so they’re not concerned on the feral growth rate now, and my BP is stable now, so hopefully that will keep the preeclampsia at bay 🤞 xx

• Options
    @Yorkie87 what a lovely scan pic! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling great ... hopefully it passes soon!

@Curiosity101 wow! that is one impressive nursery! You are so creative!!! Little one is going to have so much fun in there!! And great scan pic also!!
    My scan isn't for another week and a day yet!! I'll be 21+4 by that point! So frustrating but nothing I can do about it so just trying to make my days pass as quick as possible haha! I can feel he/she kick now which is lovely too! :) xx
  • Options
    Wow that’s an amazing room! I feel very unorganised now! 😂 I think because I have everything from last time I’m way too chilled about it and it’s going to suddenly be September haha! We are having room decorated July 5th so at least I know that much haha! It’s currently my husband’s office so while he’s still working from home a lot it’s so useful haha but I’ll have to kick him out soon and work our where on earth to put all his stuff 😂 X
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Apr 27, 2021 9:36AM
    Thanks for all your kind words everyone! 

@Yorkie87 Hope you're feeling better soon. It sucks when all you can take is paracetamol. 

@TeeAli22 That's a shame but it will come around before you know it! It's good that you can feel little one moving around. I found I was a lot less nervous this time around cause I knew he was ok as I could feel him moving.

@Olivia1990 we were in a similar situation to you with our first baby. We were finishing off renovating the house and my sister was due to stay with us in our son's room from a few months before he was due and and until he would be 2-3 months old. So we weren't able to get on and decorate how we wanted. Plus he was almost 7 weeks early 😅. This time around we're doing everything stupidly early so that no matter what happens we're ready! I intend to pack an overnight bag for myself in the next week or two 🙈🙉 "just incase".  Then we'll store everything in the baby's room ready 👍. 

Still need to get a chest of drawers and wardrobe though. We're going for full size furniture so that (in theory) he can keep it/use it as he gets older. I'm very tempted to order a Pax wardrobe. 
  • Options
    Nursery’s shaping up so well @Curiosity101! We need to get our old carpet swapped out/ changed to wood floor before we can begin decorating. 

Any ideas on carpet vs wood floor for nursery? Naturally wood easier to clean and can just add rugs but wondered if there’s any other reasons why carpet would be better ?

In other news, I’ve hit 20+1 today but still no kicks and I had my scan and whooping cough vaccine! Baby girl still seems to favour a hand over face position but otherwise wriggling away. 

They said this was my last “official” mandatory scan tho. Which was confusing because my pregnancy pack provided by my midwife clearly stated plenty more with increasing frequency after this week so am a bit confused there. 
  • Options
    @PGmama Personally I'd always go carpet over hard floors. It's messier / harder to keep clean but better on my knees when I'm crawling around with the little ones. Also better to cushion falls when they're still wobbly on their feet. I think it's person preference though really. Do whatever you'd prefer. 

12 week and 20 week scans are the only two that are routinely offered on the NHS. Additional scans are only if there are problems. Could it be that you're looking at the antenatal/midwife appointment schedule instead? They definitely ramp up in regularity as pregnancy progresses. 
  • Options
    @PGmama ahh glad everything went well at your scan and you are now more than half way through woo! I'm with @Curiosity101 I was told 12 week and 20 week are the only mandatory ones unless they request further ones to check baby's growth etc. I've got a 28 week one and a 36 week one because I'm at risk of pre-eclampsia, pre-term labour and having a smaller baby and will be off to see a consultant soon!
    Also, personally I'm going with carpet - 1. it's comfier for me if baby is on play mat on floor or a quick nappy change on the floor is needed and 2. comfier for baby when they start getting their crawl on! I do love a bit of wood flooring and a fluffy rug tho! ha!
    How was your kayaking? xx
  • Options
    Finished decorating the baby's room 😍😍😍 now we just need to buy the furniture. 

Initially I had put the animal pictures up on the stenciled bit but they didn't look right so I need to put them somewhere else in the room. 

How's everyone doing? Got any plans for the weekend?
  • Options
    @curosity the nursery looks adorable, so cute! How long did it take to do all the painting? I’m loving seeing all these nursery pictures 😊 we won’t have a nursery for a while till we move back home. We are currently renting a one bedroom apartment through air bnb in Toronto. We are still in lockdown here so we have limited plans for the weekend as per usual. We have been in lockdown now 4-5months and I’m dying to get my hair done hopefully lockdown will lift in a month. If the weather is good we may go for a hike. I had my 1st dose of Covid vaccine a few days so my arm is finally starting to feel better 😷🥴 what are your plans for the weekend? 
  • Options
    @Bunnissa 🙈 Probably around 12 hours I think in total. 

We weren't able to do this for our first as we were renovating the whole house at the time. But with this one it's just been a case of redecorating the spare room which is much more manageable. And we've done it really early as with my first pregnancy I started with complications around 24/25 weeks so we just wanted as much in place as possible. 

Fingers crossed for lockdown easing. Have you been given timelines or anything? Things are opening up in the UK little by little. 🙂
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 you guys have done a great job 😊 The current date is till 20th May and than the gov will reassess if it’s extending. We are in the middle of third wave at the moment. Number of new cases has slightly improved however, ICUs are stretched and wards are full. Military has provided support and aid and has set up a field hospital at our local hospital in tents for overflow of Covid patients. Hopefully things will improve soon with vaccinations💉 

I am currently 22weeks, however thinking I might start organising my hospital bag just in case in the coming weeks. I need to have u/s every 3-4 weeks due to placenta and cord placement. Doctor wasn’t to concerned at the moment which is good he just said we need to monitor more closely. Next u/s is at 25weeks.