Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2021

Replies

• Options
    @Yorkie87
    Yes exactly that! I had some chocolate today 😍

I think I’m starting to get symptoms now... I’ve had on off nausea all day, worse in the evening. I was dry heaving earlier and went to the toilet just in case and a bit of lunch came back up 🤢🤣 sorry tmi! I’m also incredibly moody/irritable 😣
    Trying not to bite everyone’s heads off! 

What are everyone else’s symptoms so far? 
    xxx 
  • Options
    Thanks all for your diet tips!
    love cheese so I definitely have to keep an eye out there. And sushi will be missed :(

I’m starting to feel headachy - nauseous during or just before dinner time these past few nights. Bloated in the mornings. A tad crampy in the lower abdomen every few hours or so. It’s pretty slight so it’s actually hard to tell if it’s directly related to the pregnancy but I suspect so. Feels a bit like I’m just teetering on the edge of proper symptoms...
  • Options
    ugh the nausea is killer isn’t it! Mine is 100% worse in the evenings when I’m tired but I’m also petrified of vomiting, so then I can’t sleep as it’s all I can think about 🤦🏻‍♀️
    I’m getting bouts of rage 😂 but over silly things, like the cat getting under my feet or if I drop something! My other half said I’ve been ‘better’ this time though, thanks babe! 
    I also had chronic nosebleeds from quite early on last time, so I’m waiting for that one. IT’S ALL SO BLOODY MAGICAL 🦄 🦋 🌈 🤣
  • Options
    Another couple questions for the group here as it comes to mind ... I’m on the daily folic acid tablets. I take one after dinner each night. Is that fine or is it preferable in any way to take them in the day ?

Also, this house runs pretty cold and coming from the Southern Hemisphere, I benefit loads from my electric blanket in bed.  🥶 Haven’t found any conclusive research around whether or not I should stop using it especially in early pregnancy? Any ideas ?
  • Options
    No you can take the folic acid at whatever time suits you, I take mine with breakfast as I’m less sicky then! 
    I would say if you don’t find yourself getting too hot with it on, you’re fine. I think the danger part is when you’re warm up your core temperature too much, hot baths etc. maybe try just a hot water bottle of you’re worried? 
    There a lot of conflicting research out there and apart from the obvious things, I think most of it just boils down to common sense and using your intuition. If it feels harmful to you, it’s going to be harmful to bubs, that’s the way I think of it anyway xx
  • Options
    Thanks for that @Yorkie87! Hot water bottle may be a good substitute. I don’t get too hot with the blanket but I do wonder about the current. Also may start with limiting usage. Perhaps just to warm the bed before I jump in. :)
  • Options
    I’ve been taking folic acid in the morning too after breakfast as I know I’ll forget it if I don’t do it first up! 

I’m feeling pretty good, I don’t really have many symptoms at the minute and was worried about it but I’ve googled (yet again haha) and it says this is normal! I do have a bit of nausea from time to time but apart from that no other real symptoms!

I’m booked in to see the doctor on Thursday to check in with them and get some guidance on what to do next! 

Food wise I have been eating normally really apart from fish and uncooked foods as I’m not sure what else is to be avoided really although I am being cautious 

I have a question about exercising, I usually work out 4-5 times per week doing at home full body / HIIT work outs and have been continuing as I read if you exercised before you should keep going but have been avoiding burpee’s and abs just because I don’t know if is safe or not! 
  • Options
    Nausea here but no spew as yet. Comes and goes. Massively irritable. We are currently moving house ans my poor partner 😬🙈. My hands keep swelling (calling doctor today as getting worse)..also have thrush and not sleeping well..woo hoo. Cant drink any coffee or tea as gone right off it..as I drank so much before think I'm getting some withdrawal from it 🤣🙈

No idea re what exercise is ok but I also read if you were already working out ok 🤷‍♀️. I was doing body weight also but only few times a week. Still jogging but really not much and avoiding anything ab related. 

Hope everyone has a nice day 🥰
  • Options
    Re exercise you’re completely safe to be doing anything you were doing before, but just remember your body is producing relaxin, so your ligaments will be extra springy and more prone to injury, so don’t push yourself too hard. 

@Eforbes oh wow, you have it all going on don’t you 😫
    me citing about a new house though, bet you can’t wait to start nesting?? 
    The swelling could simply be water retention and drinking more will help relieve it, but always safer to go get checked out xx
  • Options
    Morning ladies, just checking in, how is everyone doing? I’m 8 weeks today! Feeling pretty rotten still, the nausea just won’t shift. I’m doing absolutely nothing as much as I can but working all week so not much rest this week!
    Looking into getting some maternity bras this week, my boobs are huge anyway, now they are super huge and sore and I need something to wear at night too for some support.
    Ive put on quite a lot of weight already, just eating what I can to not feel so sick! Hoping when it eases I’ll be able to eat better, think I’m going to join Slimming World when the lockdown is over so I can try and not gain anything else :-)
  • Options
    Morning everyone! :) 
    Nausea started for me over the weekend - no sickness yet though and hoping that stays away. Apart from that and oh annoying the crap out of me I'd say that's it symptom wise  :D  
    I exercise a few times a week and lift weights ... I've been carrying on doing that but not to the point of failure, which I would do before. Slightly lower on the weights than I would normally and more reps. Stopped with the hip thrusts for obvious reasons (although hit my PB just before I found out I was pregnant!) Will move more to body weight stuff after first trimester.

How's everyone doing? Anyone have any scans coming up? Tempted to get an early one just to feel more pregnant ha! x
  • Options
    Morning all! 

Looks like we’ll be moving too. Putting our place on the market this week/ next so can look forward to dreaded packing in future :/ 

I’m actually having a wave of nausea this AM so struggling to get out of bed really. Not thrilled to find I’m nauseous morning And night. -.- 

I rang up to try and schedule an appointment and get registered under NHS here but it looks like it’s indeed that I can only do so at 6weeks onward and the first scan won’t be till 10 weeks+. 

So I’m fairly sure now that I’m going to go ahead and pay for a private earlier one just to set my mind at ease and feel on track. 
  • Options
    No worries @PGmama
    Oh I’ve always loved cheese, I definitely have more than I should 🙊 
    I don’t believe it “cutting” things out your diet though! In my experience it makes you want them even more! 🤣

Can you have veggie sushi or sushi with cooked chicken/tuna? I’m sure it’s only raw sushi off the menu when preg? 

Your symptoms sound similar to mine! I woke up for the first time since DD was newborn to pee at 1am last night! So that’s incredibly annoying if the peeing in the night has started already 🙄🤣

@Yorkie87
    Im exactly the same! Good pun haha 😆 

@LT8088
    Yep as everyone else said if you were exercising before than you’re good to continue. Have a little YouTube of pregnancy safe workouts if you’re unsure on what to do! Lots of PTs are qualified in prenatal workouts, I’m sure there will be loads on YouTube! 😁 

@Eforbes
    Sounds like we’re all in the same boat with symptoms then! 😂
    Hope your hands get better too.
    Good luck with the move, exciting! 

Wow 8 weeks today! Amazing 🤩
    Weight gain in EP can be an increase in blood volume, water retention to support the extra blood volume etc. It’s hard not to stress about it but I’m trying to just be as healthy and active as I can be as of today 😁

@TeeAli22
    Well done on hitting PB! I was well into the gym before all these lockdowns! But they have been pretty much closed since October 😢 I plan to do light stuff in there when they finally open again! 

I put on 3 stone with DS and 4 with DD by the end of those pregnancies! About 3.5 months After DD I found some amazing supplements and lost all the excess weight pretty quickly and kept it off 3 years later. I’m just going to be doing that throughout this pregnancy to maintain steady weight! 😁 

Have a great Monday ladies! 💖
    xxx

• Options
    I've got a doctor's appointment in an hour. They want to check my blood pressure and urine before prescribing me anything for morning sickness. I'm going to see if I can get Xonvea, but I've got a feeling they won't be keen on prescribing anything other than Cyclizine. 😔🤢

I'm exactly 6 weeks today, pretty much 24/7 nausea and been sick yesterday and today. It doesn't bode well for the next few weeks. I feel awful cause I'm not there for my 16month old when he needs me and I'm 100% regretting trying for another baby. I just feel like such a horrible person on top of feeling the most ill I've probably felt in my life. 

Weighed myself today, lost 2.5lb in the past week. But I've barely eaten or drunk anything the last few days so that's not surprising.
  • Options
    @elexox ah thanks ... yes it sucks the gyms being shut! Luckily I have a PT who has a equipment so I'm doing my sessions outside at the minute since we can meet one other person outdoors for exercise! Hope they open up soon!

@Curiosity101 sorry to hear you are feeling so sick! Hopefully your doctors give you something that will help! And don't feel guilty - this stage will pass soon! :) 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101

Sorry to hear about the morning sickness woes! My mum had terrible nausea as well and couldn't keep anything down for the first trimester. She lived on glucose water throughout and was lighter than she was pre pregnancy! But it Did pass and I turned out alright ;)
  • Options
    So many messages to catch up on! Haha! 

Yeah I was so into the gym before lockdown one and was 2lbs off my pre pregnancy weight finally but I’ve gained a stone in 2020 so that’s not ideal haha 

Oh @Curiosity101 I feel you! I had hyperemesis when pregnant with my daughter and was beyond horrific. Now waiting for it to hit again which feels so scary as I also now have a toddler to look after. It’s been my main anxiety about having another one, and since I’ve found out I’ve been sorting the house, writing lists, starting my daughter at nursery a couple of mornings from next week and just trying to prepare as much as possible before I’m useless to everyone! Also really don’t want to end up in hospital again with the current state of the world! I can’t imagine how horrible it must feel feeling guilty about missing time with your little boy but I think I’ll be right there with you in a couple of weeks so you can always vent to me. I hope your appointment goes well and you find something that can help.

By the way I think you can have sushi if it’s been frozen first. Some takeaway places are therefore fine. So many rules to remember haha! 

Sending love to everyone in these nauseous and uncertain times! Isn’t the first trimester just the worst in every way! 
  • Options
    Totally agree! I’m always worried sick in the 1st trimester... Although I find the 3rd soooo uncomfortable, it’s probably the worst for me personally! Can’t wait until we’ve all had our scans whether they be early ones and NHS ones! 🥰😍
  • Options
    Yes the first trimester really does suck, especially as I like to keep it secret as long as possible. My mum is watching my little boy whilst I go shopping and I’ve just got back but sitting in the car sucking on a ginger sweet and deep breathing so I don’t walk in and immediately throw up 🤢 I’m holding out for the first scan before I tell her, but it’s sooooo hard as all I want is her sympathy haha
    oh @Curiosity101 just know that it will pass, however long it takes and you will feel better and more positive about this pregnancy. I know exactly what you mean though, you get all these feelings of ‘why the hell have I done this again?!’ But once that newborn is snuggled on your chest or when you see your little boy lean over and give baby a kiss, it’ll be all worth it 😘xx
  • Options
    Yeah that’s what I keep thinking too- how much I love my siblings! My mum threw up nearly every day when pregnant with my little brother when I was four. I don’t remember it being stressful at all for me and I love brothers so I’m telling myself it will be worth it for her and she won’t remember it! So I hope you can ease your mum guilt and know you’re giving him a friend for life  X