Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Summer 2013 IVF/ISCI ladies

Replies

• Options

thanks Kimberley, that made meimage

• Options

whenever u feel down, and want to chat, we're all here!! just get ur computer out and rant!! .. you'll have your chance to return the positive talk to me haha.. i start soon!! i'm preaching to u and i'm a nervous wreck LOL!!image xxx glad your smiling!! xx

• Options

We will be doing ivf... We have already tried IUI. If ivf doesn't work, that's my chances out the window. image Xx

• Options

I hate menupur!!!! The bottle are the worst design ever. At my lesson I broke tblood the little glass bottle as you have to snap the top off... Just done it tonight and the glass has shattered, and glass has gone into the drug, I'm sooo stressed wound agitated right now, I have no spare, just 5 little bottles for this week image

this was my first night of all three injections, I don't know what to do cos I clearly am not capable of strapping a glass top off!!!! So worried that this will happen again or I break the entire bottle.

• Options

Hey andi so sorry to here this iv looked on YouTube and seen the mixing is hard, il be doing this drug too. Have you seen q caps? not sure if it comes with them or hospital provides them. It helps to snap of top. Hugs xxx

• Options

Mrs cupcake and andi I hope ur both alright. The menupur sounds stupidly designed! Is there anyway the fertility centre can help, it must have happened to lots of people. 

Mrscupcake I know this process is so hard and if I dare to think about that it might not work I feel my soul sink a little - so i don't, I just try to think about how someone is offering us a way to do something that isn't working naturally. I don't if its the most healthy advise but don't put the pressure (or think too much) of two possible end results on yourself, step by step and hope (and now this forum) is what we have. I really hope your alright, down days are very hard but you're not alone image

• Options

Well 2nd stims scan this morning, a bit more positive. There were 9 follicles counted and 3 were at 12mm, but they wait until there is at least 3 over 17mm before they will do egg collection. So the nurse said I'm looking at ec proberbly being next Wednesday!  it just keeps moving further away!!

ive got enough drugs til fri so that will be another expense as we will need more! But they said they do have a stock of them so not to worry as I could take more home with me after my Friday scan.

hope everyone is well x

• Options

Glad scans are imporving andi : ) and they are growing, what dose of menpur are you taking? glad they have a stock that you can have if you need x

• Options

I'm on 75 menupur and 375 gonal f as well as the burserelin. So I'm definatly feeling like a pin cushion now!

• Options

Hi Ladies

I've had a rough few days with af, i'm used to suffering every month but have gotten used to a certain amount of pain but OMG i've hardly been able to stand i know i was warned it could be later than usual and heavier but it was a lot more than i had ever imagined luckily the pain has eased off a lot now.

Andi Glad your scan was better today it means everything is going in the right direction for you image, menopur sounds like a nightmare I will be taking 450 merional after my baseline scan (if all goes well) which means i will have to mix 6 god help me i'll probably stress more about mixing than anything.

Mrs Cupcake Just keep positive, it will work for you.

Kimberley hope all goes well today with your first injection ,i'm sure it will

Joey you get rubber cap things that you put on to help you snap it but mixing looks a nightmare i will be on merional which you mix the same image it will probably take longer to mix than inject.

• Options

Sorry to hear about your evil AF is that because of the meds? good luck with your baseline scan and hope you can get started soon! yeah mixing is what I am not looking forward too either wanted to just get on with it but all the messing about will make it more stressy for sure! 

Kimberley let us know how you get on with your first injection : )

I had a phone call today from the hospital and immediately thought they are going to cancel but its ok the injection lesson is at 2.30 instead thank goodness. I have lots of questions! Just waiting for AF now. Does anyone know what cycle day they will need my baseline scan? trying to guess what time off I will need at work! xx

• Options

Hi Joey when i had my drug appointment ie injection lesson they told me what day i would start my drugs and they gave me my baseline scan date there and then so i told work straight away that i needed that day off.

My evil af was made worse than normal because of the meds but it doesn't effect everyone but i knew i wasn't going to be that lucky lol. i'm on day 12 of buserelin and counting down to next thursday for my baseline scan.

I keep having to check the flow chart i was given as i keep forgetting what the next step is lol. Have you recieved your drugs yet joey?

• Options

hi everybody image

Andi, i hope u r alot less stressed than you were, u dont need that!! though it does sound like a nightmare! i may sound daft but what is menupur? i dont think i have to take that y is that? .. and what did i tell you about being positive! ur scan seemns to have "inflated" you lol   , i'm glad things r looking better and even though it seems egg collection is further away than you expected just remember that there is a reason they are waiting a little longer and that it's for the best!

joey image glad things are moving along for you image not long now x 

Mrscupcake.. when do you start ur ivf? and sending lots of luck for your treatment.. even though you wont need it,,.. this is a lucky thread in itself.. i can feel it image

suzanne.. thanks for the comment.. image and yes ur evil AF .. the cowbag.. i hope u feel a bit better now, i'm waiting for DP to get home from work before i take my first injection, he's asked me to wait for him, part of the whole we're in this together .. bless him.. he's amazing!! 

jo beech.. lovely support from u above image it made me smile so i know everybody else smiled when they read it x

what a lovely thread this has turned out to be!! x x x x x x

• Options

kimberley I was lucky that my first one fell on a saturday so he was home anyway but i take mine every day at 4pm which works well with having to go places and work.

menopur is a stimulating drug i think, i know i've got merional to take when they say which is my stimulating drug or as they say the one to turn me back on lol.

Did you get all your drugs together? i know i recieved everything at once which kinda freaked me out as there was so much.

• Options

hi image yes i have everything at home, i'm taking buserelin now then as soon as af arrives i'm booking fror a scan then i start gonal f, i was just wondering y some women have to take gonal f and menupur? xx

• Options

hi again ladies image did my injection, everything went fine image i'm on my way!! .. just wondered if any of you had any symptoms with buserelin? and how long it took for any symptoms to strat? xx

• Options

hi Kimberley glad to hear your injection went ok image your are deffo on your way now!!!

I had spasms in my stomach more or less straight away but they weren't painful just a weird feeling, i am however having mager hot flushes but they are mainly at night, i've got a fan by the bed because i get that hot some nights lol.

As for the different drugs people are on i think must depend on the treatment you are receiving or maybe the clinic you are being treated by as i have already got my baseline scan date this was given to me when i went for my injection lesson and way before i started my injections!

• Options

yes i thought maybe that as it, obviously everybody is different, i just find it all really interesting image .. and i was asking because i had my injection earlier tonight and i just feel really tired and have a mild headache, it may be nothing to do with injection but dont usually feel like this image wondered if it could spring a sympton his soon? just curious xx

• Options

It could be that your having some symptom's like i said i had spasms , it got better after a few days i just get really hot flushes now, all i'd say is keep your fluids up and if you feel tired just go to bed early your bodies not used to what your giving it lol plus if you end up getting these hot flushes you won't sleep very well so make the most of the sleep image

• Options

Yay Kimberley... Your on your way! Glad the injection went well. I can't say I really noticed any side effects with buserelin, few spots and a 2wk af, but no problems.i have been getting headaches for the past 2-3 days and had some hot nights when I started gonal f.

lots to catch up on here, sounds like everyone is really moving forward. Will have a proper catch up tomorrow hopefully as tomight I'm exhausted and am off to bed already! Don't know if its the drugs or just that the travel and appointments etc is just draining.