Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Summer 2013 IVF/ISCI ladies

Replies

• Options

Yup things are getting there.  Hopefully the rest of this cycle goes quick so we can figure out what to do for treatment.

It does feel good to be moving forward image

Excited for you ladies, can't wait to see how things progress for you!

• Options
    Hi,

My wife and I are going through ICSI and we had our egg collection on Friday 7th of June, with Embroyo transfer to take place tomorrow (Wed 12th June).

We were prescribed to take 2 lots of 400mg pessaries, morning and night, until our embroyo transfer. However, my wife forgot (yes, I have given her a massive telling off) to take the ones on the evening on Sunday and Monday. So far she has taken: -

Friday - Evening - Yes

Saturday - Morning - Yes, Evening - Yes

Sunday - Morning - Yes, Evening - No

Monday - Morning - Yes, Evening - No

Tuesday (today) - Morning - Yes, Afternoon - Yes, Evening - Will be!!!

We told the consultant and the nurse and they gave us a huge telling off and said we will have compromised the success of the procedure, and we may have to freeze whatever blastocysts we have tomorrow.

My wife is deeply upset and I have apologised to the clinic several times.

My wife is perfectly fine, with normal everything (progesterone levels, AMH etc.), produced 16 eggs, 12 that were mature, 9 that fertilised and that were doing well by Day 3. We appreciate and will have to accept that we may have f***** things up.

Is missing a couple of pessaries that big an issue? Is 400mg not a high dose anyway? She is making up for it by taking 3 today (as advised by the consultant). Can this not sort things out in time for tomorrow?

Help?
  • Options

Kimberley, I was down reg 8 days before af arrived putting me at cd28 and cycles usually 26 days. I was very surprised that I would have to wait until next tue before starting gonal f, it's going to be a long cycle whixh I wasn't really are are of. I think I've just presumed it would be similar to my usual and not sure I've been told other wise.

im just getting concerned as the time off at work is going to be impossible if it goes beyond a certain date for me.

zidane007, I'm sorry to hear your wife has missed some of her pessaries, I'm afraid I can't answer your question as I haven't been through that stage yet. It may be worth setting alarms on both of your phone as reminders for each drug. I've had to do that with my frolic acid as I was pretty useless at remembering. I really hope it all works out ok a d you get your bfp!

• Options

hey andi30xx I know what you mean about the time off thing?! am I right in thinking that when you are taking stims you have to go and have scans and bloodwork everyother day? the girls I work with are very easy going but my boss might not be! x

• Options

hi ladies! andi and joey .. im actually quite worried about the work thing aswel! thats y i'm trying to get as much info as possible! my old manager was really good but ive recently moved departments at work and my new boss isnt so laid back! And he's male.. no offence.. i just dont think they get the process like women do! i'm hoping i wont have to take too much time off! and this may sound really silly but on my protocol i got through it says i take the injections everyday for down reg.. and then when ready i strat gonal f but it doesnt say to stop the buserelin injections .. so do you take them both together when you start gonal.. or do you stop one then start the other... hope that makes sense?! xx 

• Options

Hey I think that i read somewhere that there is an overlap for a while, could you call your clinic just to check? I am not 100% it can be sooo confusing! I would think that as one is to stop something and the other is to stimulate it sounds odd to have them both at the same time? 26th isnt that long to go how are you feeling? I just wanna get moving now xx

• Options

Yeah that's right, when I get told to take gonal f I will also be taking bureselin each day. Then I will get told to start menopur so I will be taking 3 injections a day in the lead up to egg collection. 

• Options

Wow ladies! I know nothing about all of the injections and so forth, I'm not as far along this road as you...but wow does it ever sounds confusing.  And here I was thinking keeping my appointments straight was complicated!

• Options

aww thanks for that ladies image and joey i have an injection lesson on the 20th so i'm sure they'll explain everything then image and i know 26th .. round the corner!! i'm just ready for lift off now, i've waited so long i'm just glad to almost be there! the wait has been hard enough let alone the actually treatment.. we have it all to come dont we ladies?! is anybody nurvous about egg collection? i was told it was an anesthetic, but i have now found out its a sedation.. so your awake but kind of in n out.. i dont know how i feel about that.. i'd much rather be asleep lol. ahh well it will all be worth it i'm sure image xx

• Options

Hi ladies, delighted to join your forum. Hope to get some useful tips as i begin my 4th ivf try. Cheers

• Options

kimberly 2 during my previous ec i was put on a general anesthe. so didnt feel anything just that i felt drowzy for almost 3 days. Dont think you should worry about it. you will be fine

• Options

hey ladies, I was wondering if any of you had an endometrial biopsy done and if you're willing to share your expeience with me? I'm going to have one done next week and I'm wondering what to expect.  Is it painful? Should I take the day off work or will I be good to go after?

• Options

Hi Charley I am afraid I dont know anything about it, wish I could help. Just wanted to say all the best for next week and hope your treatment can get underway very soon after image x

• Options

Thanks Joey!  I made the mistake of googling some experiences and it got me a little freaked out....but I have a feeling that only the negative experiences ended up being posted about.  Most legitimate websites say its realitively painless.

• Options

Hi ladies, hope your all having a good weekend. I'm working all weekend so I'm exhausted!image

cant wait for my scan on Tuesday afternoon, really hope they tell me to start the gonal f.

charley17, how often did you have to go for scans in the lead up to egg collection?

• Options

I haven't done the egg collection yet, I just had 6 scans leading up to ovulation this cycle to ensure I did in fact ovulate.  I had an SHG and I'm having an endometrrial biopsy on wednesday. Sorry I can't be of much help.

• Options

Sorry charley, my mistake. Meant to aim the question at Gracie. I hope the biopsy goes ok xx

• Options

hi ladies! i hope everything is going good image .. 

so andi, you taking your first lot of injections now and just waiting on the go ahead for gonal f?? does anybody know roughly how long after you are taking gonal f before egg collection?? xx 

• Options

Kimberley2, on my plan it shows taking gonal f for 8 days, then there's a commen that's says scans every 2-3 days for ec, So I'm slightly confused. I'm going to ask tomorrow as I'm not to clear on the next couple of stages.

• Options

yes i have a protocol and thats exactly what it says on mine aswel? well i have an appointment with them on thursday so i'll ask them image x