Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I've started my journey!

Replies

• Options
    How strange that me and Susan checked in on you at the same time! I hope everything is going ok, not long until your nurse is back now, fingers crossed for you Helen I really hope this gives you your much deserved BFP x
  • Options
    That is bizarre goonie!!!
    I am shattered today, after 2 days where I was very cross and over reacting to everything, though dd dropping ribena all over the front room carpet didn't help!!LOL, I have felt really tearful today. I've been at work and was really hoping not to have any time off sick, but the ward is so physically heavy at the moment and will be VERY stressful in a couple of weeks when our boss comes back from longterm sick and is already being very confrontational with people. I have spoken to a few friend/collegues today to see what they think and they have all said that if it were them they would be off sick for the 2ww. Ive been pondering it and have spoken to my mum and she agrees (which has convinced me as she doesn't do sick!LOL )that if I get very stressed or have to del with the 'heavy' patients and then it doesn't work then I won't know if it was chance or if it was something I did that was too much, and am likely to blame myself. I feel much happier now having made this decision-just hope my gp will agree. I haven't been since I was initially referred at the end of last year but the gp I saw then was lovely so I'll make an appointment once I have an idea of when ET will be.
    Gosh that was a bit longwinded!!! Thanks for 'listening' if you got to the end!!!
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    G/C hope everything works out for you, seen a few posts on be from you and you really deserve it keeping my fingers crossed for you image take care
  • Options
    Hi Helen, I think you have made the right decision to take the 2 ww wait off. Have got everything crossed for you, xx
  • Options
    Thanks Rachie and 2girlywhirlys-love your name and avatar!!!!
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    Having my scan at lunchtime today! I feel a bit bad as my nurse was just back from annual leave and suggested thursday, but I'm onto my 10th day of heaaches and on d13 of downreg and I want to know that its worked and get onto the hrt in the hope that it'll make me feel a little better.
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    I see you already have a few stalkers! I wondered where you had dissapeared to from LTTTC! Really pleased to see your treatment is underway! Very excited! Will check back for your updates. Fingers and toes crossed for you hun xx
  • Options
    How did your scan go Helen? Hope everything is looking good for your next stage! Think you've made the right decision re the 2ww when it comes, I have everything crossed x
  • Options
    Hey Socks and Goonie!!
    My scan was fine-everything gone so I've started on hrt now. I have 12mg (6 tablets) a day and go for another scan next tuesday to check my lining is growing. They may adjust the medication then.
    She has given me a provisional ET (embryo transfer) date of 15th september, which is longer than I thought it would be from the flow chart of treatment that they have given me, but I'll hopefully know more next week.
    I've had headaches for 10 days on the down reg, and am hoping the hrt will help them , but I've woken with one today-hope its the last one.
    It seems wierd to think I may be getting an embryo in couple of weeks-don't know whether it'll feel like mine or not. Lots of people get really emotional at transfer but I think I'll end up being quite detached which I don't really want.
    If ET is the 15th I'll probably be going on my own too as my mum has commitments. I'm quite happy to go alone but it would've been nice if she could've shared it.
    G is back at school tomorrow so we are planning to go to the cinema and the McDs for lunch. It looks like being a nice day so I had wondered about a day at the coast but its a 90+ minute journey both ways and I really don't think I can be bothered-she doesn't know I was thinking this and is still asleep-perhaps I'll give her the choice when she gets up.
    Thanks for the support everyone-it helps to think that people are sending you their thoughts about success.
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    G/C Wishing you all the best Helen, hope all goes well. x
  • Options
    So happy to read your updates Helen. Looking good image Although I hope youve seen the last of the headaches, they sound rough. Bring it on Sep 15th!!!!
    I'll keep checking in on you. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Helen,

glad all is going to plan. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• Options
    Glad everything is going well so far Helen, good luck for your next scan on Tues! I can't believe in less than 2 weeks time you'll have your ET, its amazing! Will be checking back in to keep an eye on you image x
  • Options
    wishing you loads of luck helen, REALLY hope this works for you xxx
  • Options
    Thanks TBD, Goonie,Gerbera, Mummabear and Mandy!!
    Still got the headaches I'm afraid, thought they'd go but nevermind. I've had some mild ov pains overnight which I don't know if are normal or not. I'm supposed to be building lining not eggs so I hope its ok.
    Hope you are all well?
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    Hi Gem, good to hear from you. How are you ?
    H.xxx
  • Options
    Wow I'm very excited for you and the 15th September is a very good day it will be my 3rd wedding anniversary.....

I so hope it works for you, will be watching this space x
  • Options
    I cant comment on the ov pains you were having on Fri but hope they have eased now, along with those blasted headaches!
    10 days counting down....
    Oh by the way, it's sim75, ive changed my username!
  • Options
    Oh hiya Sim-wheres your cat gone??
    I'm still having headaches, ov pains and what looks like EWCM. i'm pleased I'm back on tuesday for a scan as I can make sure that these aren't a problem.
    How are you getting on?
    H.xxx
  • Options
    My cat is being tormented by my son!! And vice versa, they wont leave each other alone :lol: But they are best of mates, very cute.
    Just felt I needed to change my identity!

All is going well on my front, cant complain. I hope your scan goes well tomorrow. xx