Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I dreaming?!

Replies

• Options
    I think I had a symptom today- I couldn't get my lilypie ticker to go on my profile and I nearly cried!!! Then spent the afternoon googling pregnancy after ovarian drilling. Put down the laptop, Windy!!
  • Options
    Haven't been on here for ages - feeling a bit down about all this ttc, so was SO HAPPY to see a BFP post in LTTC. Congrats Windy - a well deserved BFP image
  • Options
    Windy I am soooooo happy tor you, I remember you wen I was on Long term TTC. You might remember me, I conceived after my first FC appoint in Feb but had a missed miscarriage in the end. Am now 16 weeks!! Couldn't believe I got preg so quick after my lttc and miscarriage.

You deserve this so much, and I will b watching this thread to hear about your scan and progress!

big happy hugs, xo
  • Options
    Windy how did you get on at the docs? I was just referred to the antenatal service and see the midwife on Monday. I spoke to her about an early scan and she said that they don't offer early scans. The consultant who gave me clomid (at another hospital) is away till after Xmas so can't get an early scan through him, so I booked a private scan for next Wed when I'll be 7 weeks, Im terrified, nut trying to stay positive! Are you having an early scan?
  • Options
    Hi all,

Nope, no 7 week NHS scan for me, so I've booked a private one for 8+3. Can't wait! Only 3 days til I'll be 6 weeks and 'm pretty up-and-down about it all. I'm really struggling today, as have 3 kittens that I took on as rescues 4 weeks ago before even knew I was pregnant. I shouldn't even be near cat poo and I'm surrounded by it. I'm feeling so bad, as I can't cope with it all over the place, so I've had to put them in a cage and they hate it. I really thought it would be so easy to rehome them, they're gorgeous, but no one seems to want the poor things:cry: I got so p***ed off today when I had to give one of them a wash and she scratched me and flicked wee in my face (nice, hey!), that I told them I would put them to sleep and I feel horrible for even thinking about it. But I could be putting my baby at risk. Bloody idiot Dr said I could have a Toxoplasmosis screen because of my job, but asked the midwife to do it. Thats at least 7 weeks away!!

You try and do the right thing and be nice and it bites you in the backside :cry: . Hope everyone else is much better than me!! xx
  • Options
    windy

toxoplasmosis is very VERY rare. its contracted by cats who

hunt wild animals, so your kittens could only catch it from their mum if she is a cat that goes out. with gloves and handwashing there is next to no chance of you getting it.

i work with pregnant women and anyone working with cats gets screened routinely ive yet to see anyone be positive for it in 8 years.

you're right not to be complacent and to be careful but honestly you will be ok

xxx
  • Options
    more than likely you are already immune to toxo as you work with them, you usually get immune during your childhood actually with playing outside and petting pets etc.

good luck with your scan. Xo
  • Options
    Thanks guys,

Kittens are back in the good books. Thought I would try litter in their trays again and they're using it now. Refused to go in them with litter 2 weeks ago!!

I am very careful about using gloves and handwashing and apparently its mainly old faeces that are a risk, but with them being loose in the living room and being kittens, their messy little paws go everywhere! Hopefully I am immune and like most of these zoonotic diseases, they are relatively rare (has anyone ever heard of someone going blind from worms?!). But its just one more thing to worry about!

They are very rewarding and hopefully we'll have better luck after Christmas re-homing them.

xxx
  • Options
    OMG windy!!!! I've not been on here in ages! I'm so happy for you babe! WIshing you a h&h 9 months! Congratulations!!!!!
  • Options
    Bloody hell! Just seen this! SO EXCITED!! This was me a year ago my lovely, so happy for you!xx
  • Options
    Hello,

You probably don't remember me as I was never a massive poster but I was on this board last year, and I just had to say a massive congratulations! Absolutely fab news, I love it when someone who has been waiting such a long time for their dream finally gets some luck!

Try not to worry too much, easier said than done I know as when it has been hard getting to this point you can't help but worry it will be taken away (I got addicted to private scans and ended up having 6 instead of the normal 2!) Enjoy and you will have your bundle before you know it! It drags up until the 12 week scan but it whizzes by after that, this year has been the quickest of my life and I can't believe this time last year I had just found out I was pregnant.

Wishing you all the luck and health for your pregnancy, and have a lovely Christmas with your little bean! x
  • Options
    Thanks guys, its great to see some of the "graduates" so happy!! Hopefully that will be me in 7 1/2 months!! Monisolar, how are things going with you?

T.windy x
  • Options
    Hi Windy,

I haven't been in here for a while, but pop in occassionally to see how the LTTTC's are getting on. A massive congratulations on your BFP - I'm so happy for you. I had been trying a similiar amount of time to you, with a MC over 2 years ago and had about given up all hope. I am now 8 months pregnant and due to go on maternity leave todayimage I really hope you are able to relax and enjoy this pregnancy and I have everything crossed it is a sticky bean for you.

Josie x
  • Options
    Hi

Dont know ifyou remember me but never mind ... Massive congrats to you. I knowhow long you have been waiting for this.

Try not to worry but after a late miscarriage, an ectopic and then ivf with bleeding i know its very hard.

I am now sat here typing with a baby in my arms( 6weeks prem)

Very soon it will be you!

Again massive congratulations and wishing you a healthy happy 7.5 months x
  • Options
    congratulations chick x
  • Options
    Woweeeeeee!!!!!!

This is such great news!!

Sorry have only just seen this, but am soooooooooo pleased for you!!!! Guess you are heading towards 8 weeks....getting there.

Someone has already said it but the first 12 weeks goes soooo slowly but after that it wizzes by. I am 17 weeks today, which I cant believe I am actually writing!! Take care xx
  • Options
    Thank you everyone,

I 7+3 today and nausea is pretty bad- but its nice to feel so different from the last pregnancy! Hardly had any nausea at all!

And of course I remember you all! This forum has been my life for the past few years!!

xx
  • Options
    windy omg wow congrats to you hun!

just popped on and seen your news x

you must be over the moon! well done

you give people hope x x
  • Options
    Thanks, Boooey. Glad to see things are moving ahead for you- good luck! xxx
  • Options
    Thanks, Boooey. Glad to see things are moving ahead for you- good luck! xxx

thank you, i will get there one way or another lol x x