Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in 2006
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone with an 06 baby? (MFM)

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

She woke once last night so yes it was a fluke! We even had a really busy day which i thought would help but she still needed a feed at 1.30. I'll get there.

Jack seems to really like school dinners which is great. The school he goes to have really got a good menu and it's going down a treat.

I'm sorry about Aaron. Something will work and the tears will stop one day, it's just a pity you don't know whether that'll be next week or next month. Keep with it.

Going out all day on Sunday with my husband and Jack. Need some quality time with him now he's at school so Mammar's babysitting Charl for us. Hope you have a good weekend to.

Zoe x
  • Options
    Hiya Zoe
    So Charlotte tricked you eh?
    So does she wake at the same time every night?
    As my neighbours son does, and he is prob waking for a feed but instead he gets told off poor thing.
    If I knew them to talk to I would suggest it but think they would just think I'm poking my nose in.

Katelin has started to feed herself now which is a great time saver but I miss doing it. I bought lots of self feeding spoons but she has decided to use her hands .
    She has quite a unique way of doing it and is very methodicle. Bless the mess. She insists on having her hands wiped after too.
    Saw on your other post Charl said "umma" Thats fantastic.
    Chat soon
    Lucyanne x
  • Options
    Hi Lucyanne,

She's not ready to let me sleep through yet, never mind!

She wakes at roughly the same time each night although on occaision she has gone til 5ish but that doesn't really do her any good because she's that hungry and takes the milk that fast she gives herself hick ups!!

I can't believe your neighbours, did they not realise that when you have a baby getting a good night sleep goes out the window? And also crying is the only way to communicate they want something? Like you say though if you were to say something they could take it the wrong way.

I know what you mean about the feeding. In some ways i was gutted Charl didn't want me to do it anymore and at the same time pleased she was progressing, and while they are feeding themselves you can do other things. Charl still on occaision uses her hands, i think it's because she can get more in that way!!

Zoe x
  • Options
    Good morning Zoe
    Just wanted to share with you how happy I am as Aaron went in his class this morning with a big smile on his face and didnt try to come out.
    On saturday we bought him a Dr Who screwdriver and told him he can have it on friday if he can go in all week without tears and a smiley face. He wants it so bad, it worked.
    Lets hope the rest of the week is the same.

Hope you had a good weekend.
    Has Charlotte said "umma" again?
  • Options
    Hi Lucyanne,

That is great news. I know bribary/ rewards isn't in favour with everyone but that has worked for me with Jack and it's a great way to get the result you want. I hope he gets through the week for you. Jack still has a dummy at night and he's after a Doctor Who set so that's our next move!

She has said umma again but only once since. It's better than nothing but I would like to hear it more. A friend has just had a baby so we have been to see her this morning. She is 3 days old and sooo tiny Charlotte looked huge next to her, it made me realise just how grown up Charl is becoming and that's scary.

Hope you had a good weekend, and you and the children are all ok.

Chat soon, Zoe x
  • Options
    Hiya Zoe,
    Well 2 days in a row with Aaron not crying. I keep showing him his Dr who screwdriver and telling him how close he is to getting it.
    He had 1 before but was upset that he lost it then I found it yesterday under the sofa, but cant tell him he now has 2 as I need it as an incentive.
    The things we do eh?
    Has seeing your friends baby made you feel broody?
    My friend has a little girl who is 5 months and i can honestly say hand on heart that I dont feel any broodyness what so ever.

Keep refering to yourself as mumma with Charl and she'll be saying it lots in no time. I did that with Katelin.She now follows me round the house saying mumma mumma mumma.
    Is charl very Clingy?
    I had to cook dinner yesterday with Katelin stuck to my ankle.She just seems to have started it all of a sudden.
  • Options
    Hi,

First of all yes i did feel broody but then Charl brought me back to reality with the Chilli sauce saga!

Charl has her moments with being clingy. We had the stage when it was all the time with everything but now it's just if she's wingy then she just wants to be carried/with me all the time for that day. It may sound cruel but if i really need to get dinner prepared or cooked then I keep putting her in the room on a chair whenever she comes to me and leave her with a book or cartoons on, it's not very often but sometimes you just need to get things done and after about three times she gets the message and stays in the room. I just say to her mummy's very busy and we need to eat so i need you to stay here for me. It's worth a try.

I'm glad Aaron seems settled. Let me know on friday if he gets his Dr Who screwdriver.

Zoe x
  • Options
    Hi Lucyanne,

I felt like crying this morning as for the first time Charl was calling umma instead of saying hiya when she woke. I went in to get her and she had the biggest grin on her face. It was really lovely and my husband is on mornings this week so he's missed it!

Hope you are all well,

Take care, Zoe x
  • Options
    Ah
    zoe thats wonderful.
    Well done charlotte!
    And I bet you appriciated that a lot .
    Especialy as it was the first word she said when she woke up. Thats really special. Dont know how to do the smiley faces but if I did I would put the biggest one here ______.
  • Options
    Thanks Lucyanne, I did appreciate it, it was so lovely.

Does it look like Aaron will get the Dr Who screwdriver tomorrow? Hope so. I bet the school drop is so much better now.

Zoe x

Let me know if you want to know how to do the faces, i can manage that, still haven't figured out lilypie yet!
  • Options
    Yep,Aaron is on target.
    1 more day to go.
    Any help with the smileys would be appriciated
  • Options
    When you've done your message and you click on continue you can view your reply before it's posted. There are some instant smileys you can click on before you submit it. Place them where you want by clicking on the mouse and click on continue. Hope that makes sense.

Zoe x
  • Options
    will give it a go
  • Options
    Yipee I did it
  • Options
    Well done for being able to follow my instructions!! There's no stopping you now.
  • Options
    I'm guessing Charl is asleep? Katelin is.
    Loads of chores to do but cant leave pc alone.
    Just ordered stuff from next for katelin.
    My husband will be home early today so if dont get all my bits done he will think I spend all day on here. AS IF!!!
  • Options
    Yes she's asleep and it's bliss. Getting used to this time to myself. I've been a good girl and todays chores are done. When my husband comes home we've got to go out and as I don't have my own car I can't do that so it's quite good really.

Zoe x
  • Options
    Well that backfired on me
    while katelin was sleeping I was meant to do all my chores but instead chose to come on here so when I finally got round to house work, washed the floors then took katelins high chair apart to clean it ( its got a bit messy since she decided to feed herself) she then woke up and I panicked as I had nowhere for her to go. Floors were wet and she couldnt sit in her high chair. I guess that serves me right for being lazy.
  • Options
    Whoops! Hope that wasn't my fault! I know what you mean about the high chair though, Charl insists on sitting at the table and I have to change the cloth every day as it's filthy!!

Chat soon, X.
  • Options
    No not at all. This forum thing can be quite adictive.
    My husband thinks I'm bonkers,then he sits on it for ages looking at golf clubs!
    You really are very lucky with Charlotte she sounds like the perfect ginea pig for recipes. Wish my 3 were a bit more adventurous.
    Was Jack the same?
    All mine have been different. My eldest was really fussy, my middle one would eat most things and a lot of it and katelin just eats like a mouse .