Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Always look on the bright side of life :D

Replies

• Options
    Haha Eva that was exactly what my mum said! Its a light metallic blue ford focus zetec. I needed a big boot as my dogs the size of a horse, that was my only real criteria as I know nothing about cars either! Dylans going to love it this weekend as were going to grandma and grandads and as the boot will be full of all his old baby clothes to sell at a car boot sale he will be sharing the back seat with Toby, not sure the dog will be as pleased since Dylan thinks grabbing his cheeks is an appropriate way to show affection :lol:

The crawl training well he spends most his time getting himself onto all 4s rocking then his bum collapsing :lol: he then shouts at himself I sit him back up and the cycle starts again! Hes currently wriggling himself round the living room and trying to get to the laptop!

Mother and baby group this morning then hopefully meeting a friend for lunch, then were going to the seaside tomorrow with my mum tomorrow Lytham here we come image Dylan has jelly shoes especially so he can have a paddle!

Feeling happier than yesterday, I hate feeling like that it doesn't achieve anything other than making me miserable, which isn't good!

Hope your all well

xxxx
  • Options
    Glad things seem a bit better today and you had a positive appointment. Hope you have a fab weekend and Dylan loved the beach. Laughed about the car comment as I was dying to ask about the colour but thought it made me sound so Girly!! Take it easy!!

Love sleepy xx
  • Options
    Glad things seem a bit better today and you had a positive appointment. Hope you have a fab weekend and Dylan loved the beach. Laughed about the car comment as I was dying to ask about the colour but thought it made me sound so Girly!! Take it easy!!

Love sleepy xx
  • Options
    Hey sorry to gatecrash but only realised from a reply you put in baby of the terrible situation you are in.

I have read your posts and i have to say you are one of the most amazing people that I have ever come across, it is so obvious you are a fighter, I am really glad to hear that some of the tumours in your lungs have shrunk slightly, a testiment to your hard work with a little help from the treatment.

Dylan is gorgeous by the way and if he grows up with even an ounce of your strength and spirit I would say we're looking at the next prime minister.

I don't know you but I think you are fab and an inspiration to all - keep on fighting xxxx
  • Options
    Hi there

I am g/c too and would like to echo everything moonbeam said - she put it perfectly. I am sat here in tears of sadness yet amazement of what an inspirational woman you are. Your boys are very luck to have you x
    I pray for a miracle for you xx big hugs xx

Sharlene x
  • Options
    Hi I'm g/c too. Have just read this whole thread in tears because I cant believe what an amazing woman you are, you are truly an inspiration. If I had to go through half of what you have been through so far I know I wouldnt be as positive and as strong as you seem.

Keep on fighting, your little boy sounds amazing.
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

x x x
  • Options
    Thank you all as always for your support

I've really not been well since the last post (combination of more chemo and gastroenteritis) and ended up in hospital. Will update more when I can get my brain to focus but im finally starting to feel better again bar tiredness. I now have a crawling, pulling himself up likes to walk on mummies hands everywhere not so little man :lol: which explains that!

But wanted to thank everyone as always for their support

xxxx
  • Options
    lol sounds like he is getting to the ooooooooh whats behind the tv I think i'll go and explore all those wires when my mum blinks and then give her a heart attack when she sees me phase lol they get like lightening

sorry to hear you weren't feeling the best but are a bit better now x
  • Options
    Emily, I hope you start to feel better soon xxxx
  • Options
    Was wondering bout you. Didn't want to bother you tho. It's such a tiring stage! Hope you feel better soon. x
  • Options
    Good evening!

Well my little man maybe able to crawl but that doesn't mean he necessarily wants to, we would much rather cruise or walk on hands but he is very impatient with himself though and since he's not that strong he gets quite annoyed at his lack of strength and coordination! He changes everyday its scary watching how much he's changed in just a week! It hasn't quite sunk in with daddy how much he has changed and so he forgets he can move etc, Dylan soon reminds him :lol:

I ended up in hospital as a precaution as Dylan got gastroenteritis the day after I had chemo, I got it the day after him, my mum got it that evening with hubby the morning after. This wouldn't have been an issue bar feeling dreadful apart from the fact I developed a temperature so they had to make sure it wasn't an infection as this could kill me. I didn't have an infection so I was released image but it took me over a week to recover from this cycle on chemo and its really got me down. I seriously doubted my decision to go ahead as I couldn't look after Dylan alone for 4 days and we couldn't leave the house for another 2 (we had constant floor play) but I will see what my consultant says re my chest xray results on wednesday as its hard to make a decision when a lot of how ill I was, was due to a bug.

I have my retirement meeting with work tomorrow lunchtime. They appear to have approved it, its just up to me and hubby to approve the financial package. I don't know how I feel really I think ive come to terms with not going back and im so pleased not to be leaving Dylan and it will be nice for it to be fully sorted but its still sad.

Im shattered now, off for an early night so im bright eyed for my little acrobat when he wakes and still alert for my work meeting!

Hope you and your lo's are all well

xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Emily

Just popped on to see how you doing. Sorry you have not been very well but fingers crossed it was the bug and not the chemo. Hope your meeting at work went as well as it could and your hops app goes ok. Dd1 is now on summer hols so it is lovely to have both my girls at home esp as dd1 helps amuse little one so I get a bit of sneaky time to put my feet up. Take it easy and enjoy Dylan as you are right they change to quick.

Lots of love

Sleeepy xx
  • Options
    Hey Amazing mummy lady aka Em - hope work was OK and you got everything sorted. Sorry you've been feeling so poorly - here's hoping by the time you read this your feeling loads better and gorgeous Dylan is keeping you smiling.

I have trouble keeping up with my crawly wannabe walkie man so you are doing a fab fab job with everything else you're dealing with too!

love and hugs as always xxxx
  • Options
    Urgh stomach bugs, I hate them. We had this a few weeks ago in our house, me and lo got stuck down, but hubby with his iron stomach went unscathed. It's pretty grimmy on its own without having it coupled with going through such an invasive treatment.

I can't believe Dylan is now crawling! The last time I posted he was going through intensive crawl training I believe ; ) Alyssa is not crawling yet, but wiggles around on her belly flapping her arms and getting frustrated. I think its only a matter of time tho.

Hope your work meeting went ok.

Edited just to say that I've seen some of your posts about BLW with Dylan. Very impressed. We are doing this too so having been reading with interest.

[Modified by: beemonkey on July 21, 2010 10:44 PM]

• Options
    I will be officially retired on ill health grounds from 31st August. I will then officially be a SAHM. The financial package is what is best for my boys and were just negotiating the final details but I know they will be able to manage and that makes me happy.

My recent chest xray showed no change, which at least means there is no obvious progression in the disease. They have now decided to give me a scan at end of cycle 4 (ive had 2 so far) if this shows a reduction they may press for 6 cycles instead of the original agreed 4. This isn't something I can say im thrilled about, firstly we planned on going on a driving holiday round Europe (including a day trip to disneyland) at beginning of September, the scan wont be till end of August so even if they dont press with more treatment it will delay our holiday anyway and secondly the thought of 4 more weekends of feeling poo doesn't thrill me. The apppointment really knocked my positivity but its starting to return, we will go away its just disappointing that everytime we plan something treatment or ill health get in the way.

Beemonkey, I could never train him to crawl :lol: he's a real determined monkey but he certainly does things his own way in his own time. Its the main reason we have done BLW as he doesn't want to be fed he wants to do it himself. He's doing reallly well on the BLW, there is very minimal mess nowadays, he has a HUGE appetite though im really worried he's actually eating too much at times.

Sleepy, you will be busy with them both at home, I bet you will love it!

Welsh, I love him so active but my goodness he's tiring (especially when he thinks just after 3am is an appropriate time to get up :lolimage the best bit is the proud look on his face when he pulls himself up or crawls to something and turns looks at me and grins as if to say look at me mummy, lets go and I rush to catch :lol: then off we go again!!! I bet wriggly Freddie is just the same image

I want teeth!!!!!!!! Poor monkey his gums look like buds, im just praying they come through for him soon!

Hope everyones lo's are well, thank you all for your support as always

xxxxx

[Modified by: dylansmummy on July 22, 2010 08:59 PM]

• Options
    Hey hun,

You are doing amazing, you know it's you and your strength that is fighting the disease and stopping it fro progressing. I know the 2 extra sessions is a bit pants but if it helps in some way it will be worth it, I know the chemo is making you feel awful and I hope Dylan is making you feel much better!!
    Don't worry about the teeth, we are lacking them too! Olivia is 9 months today and there isn't even a sign of them :lol:

Big Hugs as always and a sloppy kiss from Olivia xxx
  • Options
    Morning

Glad your work meeting went ok and you feeling bit more positive again. It is funny I would love to be a sahm but would like it to be my decision and not something that was forced on me. Your positivity sounds like it is coming back in full force. The extra cycles of treatment don't sound appealing but like you say it would only delay your hol. Dylan will be a little older and hence be a bit easier to take along and def get more out of Disney. I really want to take my two as sure they would both love it! Dylan sounds like he is an amazing eater and so jealous. I still struggle with dd 2 and her eating and wonder if blw would have been the way to go with her. Got told off at her last check up for her poor weight gain (first time in two years so not bad for an ex prem but even so a bit of a worry!!) so have now pushed for dietician referral as need some help!!! As for teeth I was saw the comments about Dylan and Olivia (?) and just to say they are all diff. Dd1 had first tooth at four months and is now a very impatient six year old as still not had first visit from tooth fairy and is one of few children in her class who hasn't!! Dd2 was eleven months when her first tooth arrived so you can imagine how impatient I was by then! Dh is working away today so had early start and managed to wake me up but I daren't get out of bed as the two girls are still quiet and they were just hyper yesterday for daddy so will enjoy the peace for a few minutes more!! Hope you and your lovely November ladies still don't mind me intruding!!
    Lots of love xxx

Lots

• Options
    Morning ladies

Well 3rd dose of poison administered yesterday, only a 90 minute delay in treatment time rather than 3 hours like last time. Its just annoying that they are NEVER on time. But MIL had Dylan yesterday and he charmed the pants off her, crawling after her and then pulling himslef up onto her for a cuddle meant he wasn't exposed to all the hospital germs. Me and hubby got to spend the day together, which I cant even remember the last time we spent that much time together alone, so we went for a pub lunch and made the best of a pain in the bum day.

Going to our local surestart this morning as think getting out will be good for me, I feel ok this morning but know the side effects are usually at the weekend but im trying not to focus on them and trying to make plans as I really really didn't want treatment this time after feeling so vile last cycle.

I read an article in an old copy of love it magazine at the hospital about a woman who had blogged on the internet after being diagnosed with malignant melanoma shortly after giving birth to her 3rd child. They really shouldn't have magazines like that in a cancer hospital, she described exactly how I feel but I didn't half cry!

Got to go Dylans climbing up the TV cabinet again!

Love to all xxxx
  • Options
    Hope you don't feel too ill this time round. Hospitals are awful for tardiness! Poor you spending so much time in them. We have our tv barricaded in at the mo as Z is trying to destroy it image He does his big sisters head in when she's trying to watch Dora. Glad your boy is doing well. Hope life doesn't get you down too much. You sound well for just having had chemo. And your plans for hols etc sound amazing. Dylan is so lucky with all the exciting times you have planned for him. Happy retirement image x
  • Options
    I've been much better this cycle going to the seaside is a great way to spend an ill day as it takes your mind off it a bit. I just have to cope with the motion sickness in the car, everytime Steven slows down at traffic lights etc I feel like my head has been left behind and go very very dizzy, I thought it was hubbys driving :lol: plus i've been to London this week Thursday-Saturday, which was fab! I saw 2 shows, did shopping and madame tussauds. I loved camden market, but I missed my boys like crazy!!! But its always lovely when you come home and you get your first word which just happens to be mama image

I see the doctor on Wednesday should hopefully be my actual consultant and will discuss possible future treatment (if any) so hopefully I will be able to book our holiday as the change of scenery this week did my mental helath the world of good but it would be better with my boys image

Hope everyone is ok

xxxx