Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I’m a doula – ask me anything

Replies

• Options
    Hi ladies, I’m 17 weeks pregnant and have pressure (on what feels like my vagina!) I said it to my gyne at my last scab who said it’s “all part of it” but is there any way of getting relief from it or is it just one of those things that we have to get used to feeling! 
  • Options
    @Sigsauer hi I got my bfp a few days ago, making me nearly 4 weeks. I was due on af yesterday and this morning I had a bit of pinky brown cm, not enough to be on underwear etc only when looking for it like checking cp, is this any cause for concern or is it normal? I’m just nervous incase it’s somtbing wrong. Thank you x
  • Options
    @Gabe0927 when was your last periods? 
  • Options
    @Newbie2019 this most likely is something you will need to get used to... The heavier baby will gets more pressure you will fill. But if you are worried ask for a scan and checkup
    @Claire1234939 it might be implantation bleeding which is normal. But keep an eye on it and if it will turn to bright red blood give call to your local EPU
  • Options
    edited Jan 2, 2020 4:08PM
    11/30 was regular and 12/30 I had light pink spotting for a day and a half and then on 12/31 I had a one day regular period with medium flow and very clotty when I urinated but hardly anything accumulated on a pad. 
  • Options
    edited Jan 2, 2020 4:05PM
    I Forgot to tag you above 
  • Options
    @Gabe0927 have you done test? 
  • Options
    @Sigsauer no. Should I in week?
  • Options
    @Gabe0927 it will show now as your late... 
  • Options
    Sigsauer said:
    @Gabe0927 it will show now as your late... 
    @Sigsauer I wasnt late. It was just not the norm for me with 2 days of light pink no flow and one heavy day of heavy flow. This all started 2 days after my period was supposed to start 
  • Options
    @Gabe0927 I would test
    . Better to know. 

As of you are pregnant it can ne caused by implantation,lif not you will need to check your cervix hun 
  • Options
    Hi Sigsauer - I’m currently 38 + 5 with our 3rd and I’m really struggling with the symptoms I’m having. I use my birthing ball a lot in all the recommended ways. I feel really sick a lot of the time in the last couple of days, bad reflux, I’ve been to the toilet (nothing major) but still feel as though I’m bunged up and uncomfortable. Pelvic pressure and horrible pain. Baby is low down so maybe I should just expect that. I had a few days over the weekend of being totally over emotional and exhausted and just generally I’m feeling horrendous. Any tips or advice you could offer please? I’ve tried all the usual midwife guidance re. paracetamol, exercises, baths and so on ☹️
  • Options
    @AmyD0620 have you spoke with midwive? Tbh they need to check you
  • Options

Sorry in advance this post will prolly be a little TMI and long. 

So this may be completely dumb but I just need your input because I think I may be pregnant for several reasons but I keep denying it trying to blame whats going on on other things. And yes I know I could easily go get a test but I'm not ready for that I just want opinions.

So....

I ovulated the week of Jan 1st-9th and had unprotected sex 3 times that week and im not on birth control. My fiance has always had a strong pull out game lol (we've been having sex like this for 3 years and no babies), well in the last month and a half he has stopped pulling out all together and I have no clue why bc neither of us want a baby right now, AT ALL. anywaysmy period was sposed to start Jan 23rd and the day before it comes my back always hurts so im always expecting my period when it starts and my period never fluctuates it may be a day late or early at the most since i was 15 yrs old. 

So this month on the 18th i went to the restroom and I was wiping what I guess was my period, idk if it was or if it was implantation bleeding (yes iv'e researched it prolly way more than normal lol) . Well I put a tampon in but when i went to change it later on it was just spotted up then nothing the rest of the night. Then spotting on a off for 2 1/2 days then nothing but very light pink when i wiped for a day or 2. 
    The week before the spotting when we had sex my fiance said he felt so different that it felt like intense in an amazing way.
    Sex a week later and my V felt extremely tight.

The week before i felt nauseous every time I ate or smelled any strong smells and I still am nauseuos almost every time i eat. I stay tired, I just want to sleep all the time. Ive had a dull ache in my lower back since yesterday. 

And my fiance is one of those ppl that are constantly jokin and talkin shit (if he dont talk shit to you he dont like you typer prson) and i have NEVER taken any of it personal, I know how he is and I have always just talked shit back.. its what we do, the last 2 weeks every little thing he says to me hurts my feelings then i pout about it. I dont pout ! it takes an aweful lot to actually make me cry and last week i bawled like a baby bc he wouldnt come to bed with me when i wanted him to. NOT ME AT ALL, I dont do emotional lol. 

Ive had multiple dreams about bein pregnant seeing my huge pregnant belly and everything. (Now I need to state that I havent mentioned any of this to my fiance, I've basically just been trying to ignore it.) Well hetells me today that for the first time since he can remember he had a very vivid dream and remembers all of it so I asked him about what and he had a dream we were going to the obgyn together to find out and the dr told him that he would have thought i wasnt bc of my period but i am indeed pregnant.

SO i have no idea whats goin on, i keep tellin myself that its stress and work and life in general but i cant truly let myself believe that bc nothin has ever changed my menstrual cycle and my emotions shouldnt be all over the place like this just from stress or anything bc im doing better in life than i ever have.

• Options
    @Sigsauer - I saw my MW on Monday and she just said it’s normal for this stage of pregnancy. Didn’t suggest anything other than some natural options to see if labour can be started (the usual prune juice, sex, curry etc. which I know are just those things midwives say to make impatient Mummies feel like they’re doing something to get things going). Woke up last night a few times for a wee and had really painful “pinching” pains low down in my stomach and low down on my right side - no idea what these mean either!
  • Options
    @AmyD0620 it does sou d like something I had with my 3rd baby. Yoga always helped me... If its OK with your MW try some yoga. YouTube have good prenatal yoga video
    @Leigh8817 it can be pregnancy but also may be your body stressed as your partner no use method you used to use and now your body had a new thing in it (sorry TMI) 
  • Options
    I’ve got a one year old and we aren’t tying. We always use protection, except one time in December and we used the gel spermicide from Walmart. Which I had used all but one and didn’t get preg. I’ve not had a period since nov 23-29. I’ve been cramping like I’m going to start, nausea, headache and chilling. I’ve taken several test all negative. Is there even that chance I am just from the spermicide that one time? Or am I just stressing it and making my period be more late and worse on myself. I’ve always been irregular. I was feeling constipated and now I’m kinda back to normal. The other day when I wiped there was some jelly like discharge with dark brown in it but I’ve done that before my period before as well 
  • Options
    Love this post so much!
    Just sent you a private message! :) 
  • Options
    Hi, I'm 18 weeks and struggling with pressure on my bladder. I've been tested for a UTI and it came back negative. I'm struggling to stand or walk for more than 5 minutes (couldn't even manage a grocery shop yesterday) as when I've been standing for that length of time, the pressure exacerbates to the point I have almost fainted.

Sitting down or lying down are the only things I have found which provide relief but clearly I'm struggling to do day to day activities and am largely housebound currently. The midwives have said this is normal and nothing I can do and that it will only get worse - however, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to not leave the house or stand up for the next 5 months?! Any help or suggestions would be hugely appreciated, its miserable that even walking to the kitchen is a struggle!
  • Options
    @ib2020 I had pressure in the earlier weeks, not to where I just couldn’t walk, but uncomfortable pressure and it went away as my uterus moved up higher