Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Share with Aunt Bessie’s what makes your Christmas dinner the best and why: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• Options
    My dinner is the best purely because we are all together
  • Options
    Ok, so our Christmas dinner is a fusion of European and Ghanian foods such as a traditional roast turkey with jollof rice. We usually serve salmon and salad and it's always a crowd-pleaser! It's the best because the children love it and there isn't a sprout in sight!😂
  • Options
    Our Christmas dinner is just the best,we have succulent turkey with stuffing balls, sausages with bacon wrapped around, crispy roasted potatoes, three types of veg,roasted parsnip with which gravy poured over a large Yorkshire pudding😋😋😋😋,with wine,crackers,party poppers,and the queens speech on TV,absolutely wonderful day💖
  • Options
    I cook a traditional dinner - turkey, roast & mashed potatoes, stuffing, sprouts, carrots, peas, pigs in blankets, gravy and bread sauce. Only myself loves Christmas pudding so son has a gluten free sticky toffee pudding & husband has cheesecake.
  • Options
    Yorkshire puddings and pigs in blankets are the best with our family Christmas dinners my son who’s three loves them both! And my 9 month old it’s his first Christmas so he will love to try a Christmas dinner specially the Yorkshire puddings!
  • Options
    For me, what makes my Christmas dinner the best is the company! Honestly, it could be cheese on toast and it’d still be magical as long as the whole family were together.
    I think the best thing about our Christmas dinner is the pudding - our traditional annual treat is a huge, boozy Blackforest trifle topped with coney peaks of cream sprinkled liberally with edible glitter.
    I usually serve up a roast turkey crown, bacon rolls, stuffing balls, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower cheese and roast potatoes (Aunt Bessies of course - makes my life that little bit easier and always go down a treat)!

• Options
    My home-cooked roast potatoes and roast parsnips - better than getting them from a packet
  • Options
    My mum's roast pototes are the best. I can't eat any others now as they just aren't good enough compared to hers! Also the fact that we cook enough for repeating the same meal days later, yummy!
  • Options
    We are having a huge family Christmas and everyone has massively different tastes so their will be Turkey, lamb, beef, venison, pork and vegan roast... with roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, honey glazed carrots and parsnips (Aunt Bessies are the best!), chestnut and pancetta sprouts, pigs in blankets, lots of stuffing, yorkshire puddings and gravy!
    We have to have aunt Bessie bake at home yorkies... they are the BEST thing ever!!! Love them! They literally make our dinner!!!
    My daughter second christmas but she was only a week old last year so I am really looking forward to her being able to enjoy dinner with us. Will be such a magical day :)
  • Options
    edited Dec 10, 2019 11:24PM
    Yorkshire puddings. Its not a christmas dinner without a yorkie pud or 5!! Its the best because not only can you have them with the main course but you can have them for pudding too!! 
    On the side of my yorkshire puddings I have turkey, beef, pigs in blankets, stuffing, red cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cheesy leeks and Roast potatoes and lots of gravy!!
  • Options
    My mom makes a Christmas dinner the best,we all go there every year for Christmas day and for dinner, me my partner my two children under 3 my sister and her partner and her two children under 3 and my two younger sisters, and we all said no one will ever be able to take over this traditional dinner we have together, and thats coming from a trained head chef! Nobody makes cauliflower cheese and cheesy leeks and bacon like her, or her stir-fry sprouts in bacon and garlic butter, and her gravy is to die for! Proper gravy! And the best if it is we either  have salmon souffle/my one sister makes leek and potato soup/and my other sister makes camembert and redcurrant jelly filo parcels, as a starter, bit we still have room for seconds later on in the day which is always amazing as she makes her own bread too 🤤 HEAVENLY!
  • Options
    The best part of our Christmas dinner has to be the pudding! 
    I get the kids to help me make whatever dessert they fancy, and it's always a complete hit as the kids love feeling like they've properly contributed :) 
    The dessert varies every year, but for the main meal we tend to bounce between chicken, turkey or lamb, lots of potatoes, stuffing, nut roast, parsnips, peas, carrots, Yorkshire puddings and a lot of gravy!

I can't wait for ours this year! 😋
  • Options
    Perfect roast potatoes are  an essential part of Christmas dinner! We have rost turkey and a nut roast for me, the children have to have pigs in blankets and yorkshire pudding and then we have lots of veggies and some stuffing!
  • Options
    Crispy roasted potatoes 
  • Options
    I make Brussels Sprouts mixed in with bacon pieces which all my family seem to love and has been requested already again this year
  • Options
    I opt for lamb. It’s a safe bet (when I cook turkey, it always comes out dry). 
    Everything else is Aunt Bessies, roast potatoes, stuffing, honey glazed parsnips, carrot and swede mash. Even our gravy is Aunt Bessies. Its just reliable and stress free to use Aunt Bessie and the kids think I am a super cook. 
    I finish it with an apple crumble and custard, from Aunt Bessies. Thank you for keeping my family happy at Christmas!🎄 
  • Options
    Ours is a very traditional main meal, turkey,sprouts,bread sauce, pigs in blankets etc- the special part for us is the bananas and custard for pudding- a tradition started years ago as we don’t like mince pies or Christmas pudding!
  • Options
    Everything bring homemade (by my husband, pulling crackers and wearing silly hats. 
  • Options
    We have a traditional Christmas Dinner but the children insist on having a Giant Yorkshire Pudding as a starter! We also have table games to add fun to the occasion 
  • Options
    What makes my Christmas dinner the best is my dad cooks the lot and my mum washes up! Every year this happens and It's fab! We have goose-fat roasties, sprouts, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, orange-blossom parsnips and lashings of gravy!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions