Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Share with Aunt Bessie’s what makes your Christmas dinner the best and why: £200 Amazon prize!

Replies

• Options
    I make masses of stuffing - loads of extra stuffing balls - and lots of extra chipolatas, because, really, we know they are the meaty bits that matter and you need loads left for sandwiches!
  • Options
    My cauliflower cheese with homemade cheese sauce is the best - I couldn't have Christmas dinner without it. Especially alongside pigs in blankets, yorkshire puddings and crispy roast potatoes and parsnips - the turkey is the worst bit!
  • Options
    We are all about the veggies, because our Christmas dinner is always vegetarian. One of the things I love is finding new ways to do the veg so dinner is different each year! 
  • Options
    A good quality homemade thick gravy and crispy roast potatoes 
  • Options
    The variety or dishes and the company 
  • Options
    It's all about the gravy!... I inherited my grandma's special recipe for delicious Christmas dinner gravy and it has a secret ingredient... and no, I'm not telling!
  • Options
    only use the best ingredients and nothing beat's an Aunt Bessie Christmas dinner!
  • Options
    Having all my family round the table with traditional food roast lamb potatoes veggies and trifle
  • Options
    edited Dec 4, 2019 9:37AM
    Post deleted by MadeForMums
  • Options
    Lots of meat and crispy roast potatoes!
  • Options
    My honey-glazed roast carrots and parsnips are always a winner!
  • Options
    I think our Christmas dinner is the best as everything is fresh and made from scratch, as cooking is my passion. I make a special mash potatoes with spring onion and grated cheese, which everyone loves. Also I think its super special as everyone gets a job to do on the big day, if it cooking or getting the cutlery on the table, or being the cracker guard, so no one pulls them to early.
  • Options
    I think its the roast potatoes. I pre-boil them first, then get the outside of the potatoes fluffy and rugged, and then put them in a baking tray with pre-heated oil. Then evry 30 mins or so, i baste the potatoes in the oil. Works a treat!
  • Options
    I think that the thing that makes my Christmas dinner the best is not the food I cook, but the people I share it with - my family. 
  • Options
    Yorkshire puddings - I'm a true Yorkshire girl and love my yorkie puddings.
  • Options
    We love Christmas dinner there is 25 of us so my mum and I are super busy doing the cooking on Christmas Day. We use a few aunt Bessie products to help out like the delicious Yorkshire puddings, stuffing balls and parsnips.
  • Options
    Sharing it with my family makes it the best & the pigs in blankets, bread sauce, aunt Bessie’s stuffing helps!
  • Options
    What makes my Christmas dinner the best is that I do not have to cook it and that is also why it is the best! 
  • Options
    Our Christmas dinner is amazing as my husband makes it all, he takes over the kitchen on Christmas eve once I've finished all the baking and trifle making and he has it down to precision with this being his 30th year of him cooking it. 
    He does amazing roast potatoes and there's always extra stuffing to stop everyone fighting over it! Everything on the plate has been made with love and care and it's the best meals of the year with all the family around the table... oh and he makes delicious gravy. 
  • Options
    That would have to be my name Xmas dinners back in the 60s, don't know why but they were always delicious. Probably due to being made the old fashioned way with no artificial ingredients
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions