Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell SMA Careline your best parenting tips for new mums and dads: £200 voucher to be won!

1789101113»

Replies

• Options
    There are going to be magical times and times when things do not go so well, nothing in life is perfect. New babies are hard work but also those cuddle times can be so rewarding. Do not get overwhelmed by advice just do what seems right for you and accept help when you need it.
  • Options
    My general mantra to life, at any stage, is don't sweat the small things.
  • Options
    You’ll be given a LOT of advice when you’re expecting & it’ll be overwhelming, but just remember, every baby is different and what works for one won’t work with another, and please please ask for help when you need it, I wish I had asked for help when I had my second baby, she used to cry ALL the time, but rather than ask I tried to struggle through which led to depression... 
    so please ask! 
  • Options
    My best tip would be accept help. Batch cook, don’t stress about things that can be done tomorrow. Look after yourself and enjoy it. 
  • Options
    Listen to your own advice don't beat yourself up get in to a routine 
  • Options
    Get everything second hand. You will save tons of money and it makes no difference as you only use it all for a short while! 
  • Options
    its all good reading parenting books but remember - every child is different and don't abide by books! trust and do whats right for you and let people help you - you don't have to be super woman.
  • Options
    Don't get hung up on what "average" child can do at a certain time as that is the child in the middle of the range, half the children will be below that. Try not to worry but if you are worried about something, then persist.
  • Options
    Do what you think is right for you, your child(ren) and your family. What works for other may not necessarily work for you. 
    You need to take care of yourself as well, if you are running on empty you will just burn out.
    Try to prepare things before you need them. We have a set space for things that might be needed when I am confined to the sofa breastfeeding our babies. We have a little nappy caddy within arms reach so I can just grab it instead of disturbing the baby.
    Try to accept help from others and get some well earned rest.
    Enjoy your baby. They are not small for long.
  • Options
    Batch cook food saves time and money x
  • Options
    Never say you are failing. 
    Don't compare yourself to another mum every child is different.
    Make sure you have you time all mummies need you time. 
    Accept help when offered.
    Don't be scared to ask for help.
    Always listen to yourself.
    I'm now soon to be mum to number 5.
    Enjoy every minute with your child it soon flies by xx
  • Options
    Thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion. It is now closed, so we're going to close this thread, but we will reopen this week to post the name of the winner. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, thank you again for all your comments on this sponsored discussion. 
    @lindsey stuart congratulations! 
    We'll be in touch soon for how to claim your prize. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions