Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Winalot about the life lessons you've learnt from having your beloved dog: £200 voucher prize!

1235»

Replies

• Options

1) Dog hair gets everywhere, no matter how much you groom your dog, or how often you hoover!

2) Never expect clean clothes to stay clean between putting them on and getting to the front door to go out.

3) Be prepared for your dog to product toxic weapons grade wind of mass destruction no matter what you feed them.

4) Never leave a sandwich unattended.

5) You have understood the true unconditional love you received until you have to make the rainbow bridge decision, and the cold nose, waggy tail, and soft snoring are no longer there...

But once you have had a dog, you can never go back to not having one. They become family, and will always stay family however many years pass…

• Options
    I couldn't find the words,to get things off my chest,so I thought I'd write a poem,to finish off the rest
    A dog is a friend for life they say,it couldnt be any truer.A four legged little companion,sometimes my little drooler 
    A little windy pops on times,they can stink really badly.And when ever you are eating food,they look at you quite sadly.
    Their little personalitys can get you through the day,when life is pulling you down in every kind of way.
    A walk and love is all they want,a good meal is what they need.They won't judge your clothes or fashion,or what money you  have indeed 
    They just want to be looked after,and in turn will love you back.And it wouldnt go amiss,if you had a bag of snacks 
    So to have a dog has taught me,and it's something money cant buy 
    To take each day happily,wag your tail and smile.

• Options
    Nakoma, my darling Malamute, lost his sight at a young age. He was put onto meds to help regain his vision but that only made him lose weight and almost cost him his life. Despite all of this, he never gave up, never stopped smiling through it all, (especially when he did regain vision for a short period ~ His photo was taken at this time), and showed tremendous courage through it all. Nakoma never gave up, even on the last day of his life, which is something I have continued to learn from as I have ongoing health issues myself. 
  • Options
    Our daughter was terriffed of dogs until we got our puppy Marshall, she was an only child so she has grown shared and learned to love with him
  • Options
    Hi everyone, thank you all for your wonderful comments and pictures on this sponsored discussion. The winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @poshpawsCongratulations! 

We'll be in touch via email to send you your prize (Please look out for an email from Katie and monitor your spam folder just in case). Thank you all again for taking part, and sharing your wonderful stories. We have loved them. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions