Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 2016 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Amazing news Lizabee, we are thrilled for you! 

• Options

Thank you now that we are over the shock of it all. We are just glad we didn't get rid of Lynda Lee's baby bits. Xxx

• Options

Oh my goodness everyone is pregnant again. I have to totally admit I don’t feel broody at all at the moment and I really thought I would. Charlie is 14months and an absolute dream. He’s such a chilled boy and I’m loving every second of being his mummy. I Defo do want more children one day but don’t feel ready at all yet. Although I have to admit I’m worried about leaving to big an age gap but don’t wana put pressure on myself about it. How’s everyone? All getting set for Xmas? Xx

• Options

Hey ladies I haven’t posted on here in a while but it’s so nice to see all the pics and hear of all the new additions coming next year. I am hoping to try for another one but probably not until summer.... Amaya is currently under review for autism as her development is quite slow. She is 15mths now and cannot stand or walk unaided and only says about 4 words. I know alot of you don’t use this page very often but it would be nice to hear how the little ones are doing. x

• Options

Nice to hear from you sweetie pie. Are you thinking yourself she may be on the autistic spectrum or are you thinking it could just be delayed development? X

• Options

From what you say Sweetie Pie I wouldn’t be overly worried... think they are meant to have 6 words by 18 months so she’s not far off! And William isn’t walking yet at 14 months, nor is one of his NCT friends (only 2 out of 4 walking). Fingers crossed she is ok xx

• Options

Don't worry too much lovely! I didn't walk till I was 18 months :) 

• Options

Hi everyone, come and tell us your top tips for weaning on this thread and you'll be entered into a competition to win a £150 voucher! If you add a pic of your toddler too, you'll be entered twice! 

• Options

Hello! 
    Every Monday you should receive an email from us, to your email inbox, giving you a run down on what's happening on MadeForMums.com - we would love for you to tell us what you think of these emails over on this thread. 
    We're also offering a prize for one person who provides feedback, so please get posting! We really would love to hear what you think! 

• Options

Hello! We would love to know if you have downloaded and used the free MadeForMums Weaning App? If you have, we would LOVE to hear your comments about it, on this new thread. Please do come and tell us what you think - your feedback is so helpful and important to us.  

• Options

Hey girls so we sadly aren' pregnant anymore had a loss at 6 weeks. We are trying again in january. Esmae only says 6 words . . Mama .. baba .. dada .. nana.. ta and bum 😶😂 i wouldn' worry too much here they don't get worried untilb18 months if not walking etc x here is my gorgeous girlie . . She'image currently poorly with croup :( x

• Options

Really sorry to hear that mumma :( seem is absolutly gorgeous x

• Options

Today on the forum, we're asking about your family buying Christmas presents for your kids: do your parents and inlaws buy your children huge amounts of stuff that’s not needed? Or do you tell them specifically what to buy? Please do tell us on this new thread here. We'd love to hear from you! 

• Options

Mummatoo2girlies so sorry for your loss, I hope you and your georgous Esmae are doing well. 

• Options

Thank you ladies for all your responses, it’s really reassuring to hear from you all. Amaya is almost 16mths now and says about 6 words but not in context, so she‘ll keep saying Dad Dad Dad even though her dad is sitting with her and talking to her. She also can’t follow ins so If I put my hand out and asked her to give me something she will not understand what i’m doing.... in addition she’s still not walking so she’s been referred to the physiotherapist. We have an appointment for January so hopefully we’ll have more answers then.

• Options

Thank you ladies for all your responses, it’s really reassuring to hear from you all. Amaya is almost 16mths now and says about 6 words but not in context so she‘ll keep saying Dad Dad Dad even though her dad is sitting with her and talking to her, amd she it’s able to follow instructions. She is still not walking so has been referred to the physiotherapist - we have an appointment for January so hopefully we’ll have more answers then..

• Options

Hello ladies i somehow managed to miss the start of this thread :-(.

Congratulationson all those wth new baby news its mad that our little ones are going to be brothers or sisters already. Mumma2 im so sorry for your loss.

Maximus is such a joy he is ßuch a bright happy cheeky little chappy who is certainly giving his big sister a run for her money now. He started walking the same week he turned 1 and now runs everywhere at full speed none of the animals are safe though the dog def seems to love it haha. He started nursery last month :-(in preparation for baby no3's arrival so i will get a few hours on a tuesday morning just me and our newest addition.

Baby no3 is due in 2 weeks and 2 days now :-O i cant believe it its come around so fast. Terrified how im going to cope with 3 under 4s lol certainly going to be a challenge and must send hubby for the snip now lol.

Heres my lovely maxi :-) getting all excited about christmas now too. Hows everyone doing wth preparations? :-).

imageimageimage

• Options

So sorry to hear about your loss mumma2. Hope Esmae is feeling better. 

Sweetie Pie, hope you get the help you need from physio. Some children are just later to get going aren' they. Hopefully Amaya will be on her feet soon. I'm on another birth board for August babies as well and some of them aren' walking yet 

Congrats Jellytots! How exciting for you. How is baby prep going? How have you been keeping? Maxi is gorgeous ❤ 

I don' feel ready for Christmas at all, need to wrap everything but have got everything bought now. We haven't got much for Amalia as I know she is getting spoiled by our family and friends and frankly I don't have the space. What have you all got your wee ones? 

Amalia has understanding of instructions but turns a deaf ear when I tell her no haha. She has a few words but not loads, she did say mama for a while but now only says it wjen she is upset. She says bye, daddy, ta, car, bag, ball, tree. 

She never sits still and loves making a mess still haha. She loves the cbeebies pantos that have been on and loves dancing and can sign friends from the Mr tumble programme.

Hope all you ladies and wee ones are well. ❤

imageimageimage

• Options

Thank you Hasteik Amalia is gorgeous too :-). I cant believe how much theyhave all grown already its nuts i really wish they would slow down.

Maxi is a little terror (learning from the best aka his big sister lol) he is into everything and has perfected his pointing finger to let us know what he wants. No words yet apart from mumma and dadda but my little girl was a little slow on the uptake of speaking so im enjoying the peace while it lasts as i cant stop her now lol.

Baby prep has been quite hard this time while chasing the other 2 but think im about there now just been sorting meals out for the freezer think im up to 2 weeks of dinners :-). And just about there with clothes nappies and hosp bags etc lol. The only thing that we havent managed to sort is rooms yet we have to swap the kids rooms so my little girl keeps her own room and the 2 boys will share the bigger room but it involves decorating and new beds etc and we havent had time fortunately baby will in with us to start with so hopefully we will manage to find time to sort that once hes here :-).

Xx

• Options

So lovley to see all the pics of the little ones can’t beleive how quickly they are all growing. 

Were the same we have bought Charlie a few bits and bobs  Xmas mainly bigger boy toys now as he is outgrowing all his baby toy. 

How are all your kiddies sleeping? Charlie is a rubbish sleeper still up once or twice through the night every night and won’t settle until I go through to be fair he settles quickly it’s jusg annoying the broken sleep. He doesnt have a dummy etc so think he looks to me as comfort.

charlies favourite word is mummy and he says it around 12736724 times a day haha! He says quite a few words now and noticing over the last week or 2 he’s really trying to copy what I say. 

also some nice news my partner and I got engaged last weekend. Was lovley at the Edinburgh Xmas market which is where we went on one of our first dates and also where we went the day we found out I was pregnant with Charlie so quite a special place for us.