Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding 3 days after BFP!!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Im trying to pluck up courage. Not sure what to say to them
  • Options
    You dont have to say anything until your there in the room to be scanned, then you could just say that you tested and got a bfp but 3 days later had a small bleed. They will still do the scan so that they can see whats going on, at least you will know whats going on then. In a way its lucky that your doc was sorting out a scan for you even though it was for a completely different reason. Im keeping everything crossed for you. Has the bleeding stopped? xx
  • Options
    No hun, I didnt mean at the scan appointment. I ment I wouldnt know what to say if i rang NHS direct. I have just put a clean towel on so I actually know how much im bleeding, not that the other one needed changing but it had spotting on it.
    xxx
  • Options
    Ohh sorry!! Just what youve told us ladies really, i wouldnt think that they would do much though, probably just tell you to contact your mw or an early assement clinic at the hospital. But as you already mentioned you dont have a mw yet, does your hospital have an early assement unit? xx
  • Options
    Im not sure if they do hun. Its been a long time since I went there with my son as hes nearly 8
    xxx
  • Options
    Hes not even talking to me at the moment although he has brought me a cup of tea lol.
    Im going to ring NHS direct. I know exacly what they will say as I had a mc in aug 06. Rest and contact your gp when they re-open after the weekend. Trouble is I have an extra day as its a bl@@dy bank holiday.
    If this baby does make it, im going to tan its arse for putting me through all the waiting and now this.
    Maybe it's not a good pregnancy after having to wait so long for my BFP and now this. Maybe the waiting was a sign???
    xxx
  • Options
    Oh babymonkey, keep up the PMA and i really hope everything is ok for you. Keep us posted. Sx
  • Options
    I have rung NHS direct. They said just what I thought they would say. If its a viable pregnancy things will be ok but if not then I could be miscarrying.
    My last miscarriage was painful. Im not in any pain now
  • Options
    stay positive and keep resting
    xxx
  • Options
    the nurse I spoke to said it doesnt matter if you rest or go on a 20km bike ride. If your going to lose a pregnancy, you will lose it.
    Charming eh!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hopefully if you are not in pain that is a good sign - take it easy and agree with saint bertie maybe it is oh way of dealing with it.

Sending PMA your way and hope it works out for you xxx
  • Options
    Hi,
    Charming!!!! I hope you told her where to hop off....the nearest bridge will do. Some of them are so nasty. Dont worry, I think its just implantation, reading some stuff on the website for you, will send you the website to put your mind at ease. This baby is here to STAY, power of positive thinking.
    Loads of baby dust 2 u.
    Dly.
  • Options
    hiya hun so sorry to hear your news really hope everything is okay, if i was you i would go to a&e and then they will check to see if your cervix is closed and give you a scan dont sit with it playing on your mind or phone the out of hours doctor and go and see them (hugs) xxx
  • Options
    Hi babymonkey

Normally a bit of a lurker but I just wanted to say with my baby I started bleeding at about 4- 5 weeks and bled for three weeks. I called my doctor who was no help and eventually rang my local hospital who had an early pregnancy unit. I had to wait a few days for an appointment but they gave me an early scan which will let you know for sure.

Perhaps you could try contacting your local hospital and seeing if they have an EPU.

The fact that you don't have any pain and the bleeding is light is a good sign. Lots of sticky babydust to you and try to keep positive. I know it's hard as I was distraught the whole three weeks (had the scan after approx 10 days of bleeding) but I was told bleeding is very common.
  • Options
    Thanks to all of your positive replies, my PMA is coming back.
    Im not 100% sure but I think bleeding is slowing. Which hopefully is good. Ive got a headache and feel a bit queasy but I think that could be down to the worry.
    Thanks girls. You always seem to know exactly what to say.
    xxx
  • Options
    hi babe, jut wondering how u were doing? hugs xxx take care and keep us posted! xxx
    amandaxx
  • Options
    Hi pae,
    I think that the bleeding is slowing.
    Does anyone know if its ok to go for a bath or not. I really feel I need to freshen up.
    xxx
  • Options
    Hey hun hope ur ok, its a gd sign that its slowed down, id say a bath is fine just dont run it hot hun xxxxxx
  • Options
    Ohhhhh good. Im off for a bath and then an early night I think.
    Will keep you all posted.
    Fingers crossed I will be back on here tomorrow and say bleeding stopped.
    xxx
  • Options
    Just got back from a weekend away and read your message.

Keeping my fingers crossed that a bath will make you feel better.

Keep us posted tomorrow, am hoping that bleeding will have stopped overnight.

Thinking of you.

Rachel x x