Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

IGNORE

Replies

• Options
    People like that make me so angry. I just presume they're ignorant about other aspects of life too and are boring people to be around. What lives they must lead...
  • Options
    i'll inform oh that there's no need for us to worry - no doctors appointment needed anymore as 'this woman' has the answer to our prayers.

she should start charging for her valuable advice LOL.

that's so ignorant and actually quite patronizing too.

well ladies - see you in the 'baby due in september' chat room shortly now we know what to do for guaranteed success.

• Options
    I just read Tinks post on Cosmo as I am very nosy!! wait until they ar in our position Tink.. when they come asking for advice we can remind them of their thoughtless comments!
  • Options
    Lets start a thread on there called "Team CBFM" and invade on mass! x
  • Options
    Good god, some women really do have their heads up their own arses don't they!!! I get comments like that from some 'friends' who think that forums, temp charting etc.... are a load of bull, and why on earth do I want have a baby when I could be enjoying my life!

Needles to say I no longer have much contact with them!

• Options
    Oh i've just read it and my blood is boiling! In response to Tinks brilliant post the woman posted:

"Some people can't have kids, this is a fact of life. One of my sets of foster parents couldn't conceive because she had some blood disorder, I don't know what it was exactly.

Tink, while I appreciate that this thread has clearly upset you, it was aimed at people who had just decided to start trying, people who have no idea if they will have any trouble. Why on bloody earth should, or indeed would anyone straight off start thinking, oh shit, best write this all down incase nothing happens.
    That is plain crazy and a very sad state of affairs. It is shit like thinking like that which will likely make it harder to conceive if there is nothing actually wrong."

I guess we should all give up -fact!!! She clearly is the bloody fertility oracle! I for one am very glad I did buy a cbfm on 2nd cycle or I never would have known when I was ovulating or how far gone I was which could have resulted in me bleeding to death from a ruptured tube. grrrrrrr !:x x x

[Modified by: Mafia Princess on December 11, 2009 07:41 PM]

• Options
    Ooof that really rattled me...check out my reply...had to vent it!!
    Even had to join to post the reply lol!!
    Some people are so so insensitive it makes me so mad!!
    Sorry to all you ladies who are trying to concieve that have to listen to crap like that xx
  • Options
    Oooh dear I dread to think what she'd think of me! As soon as we decided to start trying I started temping and using FF!! I don't see what her problem is with people wanting to maximise their chances from the outset?
  • Options
    Jeeez! Reading some other posts on the pregnancy forum, some people (evidently young 16, 17 year olds) asking questions about possible pregnancies and stuff, and people are just laughing in their faces...ooof blood is boiling!! x
  • Options
    just off to cosmo now for a look....i'm so gobsmacked by this womans ignorance that i've got to go and have a read!! back in 5!!
  • Options
    well i'm back and all i can say is...OMG, as most of you know hubby and i haven't been actively trying for long at all and are not currently charting temps (am following cycle closely though...ewcm and stuff like that) but what exactly is the harm in learning more about your body, surely it can only help and like someone said it may be that i don't get pregnant for a long time but at least i will know the signs my body gives me and i can take this info to the doc.
    And as some of you have been trying for a while surely you are just giving yourself the best possible chance of concieving by knowing exactly when your most fertile time is!!
    this woman is sooo ignorant (Grrrr) and i can safely say that i will not be joining the cosmo forum as you ladies are much nicer!!!
    (that worked me up so much then i couldn't type quick enough and hubby asked what i was huffing about!! lol
  • Options
    omg tink have you replied to that latest pile of sh*t she posted? I haven't got time to join cosmo to read it all. you know how we give each other virtual ? I think she needs a big old virtual slap around the face, and a hair pull :evil:
  • Options
    pmsl at slap and hair pull gemgems...although i do completely agree that's what is needed!
  • Options
    alzywalzywoo, lmao. i just went on for a nosey and was just about to come on here and say that it had all kicked off then i read your post on here.lol. these people have to be told but then again they are just ignorant people who probably wouldnt listen anyway coz its simple to get pregnant YOU JUST HAVE SEX.

ok girls hands up who keeps forgetting to do that.
  • Options
    yep` *waves hand in air*, i wondered where we went wrong last month... pmsl
  • Options
    Well done alzywalzywoo!

I read her original post again, as she has started to kind of rephrase her point of view, and I thought perhaps I had just got the wrong end of the stick. But no, I didn't. And yes, it is still rude and cruel.
  • Options
    oooh this has made me so mad!! its all very well her saying it wasn't aimed at people with problems conceiving or who had been trying for a long time and it was only aimed at people who do this from the start but we're on month 2 (officially) of trying and i've used ov sticks both months and am following the sperm meets egg plan - so therefore i am one of the people she is criticising - where the hell does she think she gets the right to do that?? its our choice and has bugger all to do with anyone else. i can't be bothered to join and post a reply coz i'll only get shouted down (judging by the fact that she has over 6000 posts she's a regular and if i know forums its very difficult to disagree with people like that coz everyone backs them whatever) so i'll just rant on here!
    we decided to go all out coz we really want a baby and don't wnat to wait any longer than we have to. wheres the harm in that?? its not damaged our sex life at all or made it clinical, if anything its improved it as we both have agreed its made sex a priority again and we both find it very exciting and intimate that we are trying for a baby. we certainly don't just have sex around ov time!
    stupid women, where do they think they get the right to judge people like that?
  • Options
    I had an ectopic on my 2nd cycle, would have never spotted it so early had I not known exactly when I ovulated. I hate to think what could have happened.

But then for those narrow minded people who are fortunate who get pregnant after having sex once at any point of the month I guess this would have even entered their heads! x x
  • Options
    cookiesandcream i agree, we have used temping or opks or some type of charting since we started trying again but it hasnt ruined our sexlife or made it clinical its what you make it and the charting and stuff just lets me know my body is doing things right.xx

mafiaprincess its just as well you knew your cycle, you know even the months we werent trying last year i still felt comfort in knowing what was happening with my body.xxx
  • Options
    Haha this womans immaturity is actually making me laugh.
    'How about NO'
    'Pull your knickers out you bum'
    Hahaha it's woman like this that really rattle my cage, the ignorant and insensitive ones.
    Deffo gonna stick with baby expert, i have no doubt that anything as insensitive and horrible that like would ever get posted here ay girlies!! xx