Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

E.B Thread Part 4 - Trying for a 2012 baby

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sianuk11 DH wanted us to start trying for a family a few years ago but I kept putting it off as I didn't feel ready so he's getting really anxious now that it's been 10 months. Wish I had caved in to him sooner...but u never know whats going to happen do u.

CBFM is just a POAS thing but really simple to use. I alays get two 'peaks' so I'm assuming that I must be ovulating?

I don't blame ur hubby for wanting things to occur naturally that's the best way. We tried it for 4 months until I started stressing so we bought the CBFM, its just nice to know that I'm not missing the key times.

Going to book our holiday tomorrow - I can't wait! Going to reflexology tonight feel a bit nervous and silly cos I'm going with my best friend and I know we will end up giggling! xx
  • Options
    You're right, you never know what's going to happen. I havent told any of my friends that we're trying but one of my friends has been thinking about trying since last year. They put if off as they went on holiday at the start of the year and were planning to start after that but they still havent as she says there is so much they still want to do. But on the other hand she's concerned that she'll be 35 this year. I simply said that you never know what could happen, if they start trying now it still might not happen for a little while... It's funny to think when I was younger I was on the pill trying NOT to get pg, but now I want it it's not that easy!

Yippee for the holiday, you wont have long to wait either, didnt you say it's going to be in 6 weeks time? Let us know how the reflexology goes - even if you do end up giggling at least you'll be having a good time! xx
  • Options
    Hi Sian yes hol is the end of July. I was going the week before but the week after turned out cheaper so it will be 7 weeksimage Just had the time off confirmed in work so might book it tonight if I get chance after reiflexology image

I'll let you know how I get on with the reflexology and if I think it is any good. I've always wanted to try it but I am also a bit sceptical as to whether or not it will go any good. It's only me having it done, my friend is having her eyebrows done and the lady has already told her she's not allowed to talk to me when I'm having it done. She asked my friend why I wanted it done and she told her I like having my feet touched!!! :lol:

I know I was the same, on the pill for years but I stopped taking it nearly 3 years ago now when we got married so it should definitely be out of my system by now lol!

Have u got any hols booked this year? x
  • Options
    Haha can't believe that's the reason your friend told the reflexologist! I presume you'll have to tell her the real reason? Dont they have to touch different places depending on what you want it for? We're thinking of a holiday in September, maybe a last minute thing. Or maybe something at Christmas. I do love a holiday! xx
  • Options
    Hi Sianuk11 I love a holiday too image

I know can't believe my friend said that either lol...I text her to say she's made me sound as if I've got a foot fetish lol! yes I'll have to tell her the real reason and I'll know I'll be embarassed especially with my friend grinning at me :lol:

She's promised me that the lady is lovely, she does it from her home. Looking forward to it but slightly nervous too...will update tomorrow.

I went away for New Year once it was great, sat in the sun when the UK was full of snow xxx
  • Options
    Well I finally took the test and it was a BFP!!!!!!! In shock and over the moon xx
  • Options
    Congrats MrsM17 !!!!!

I've had a look at dates today and i think this weekend will be good ! image Hubby if off work so baby making weekend it is then lol
  • Options
    Congratulations MrsM!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Wow congratulations MrsM17!!! Did u do anything different this month? Wishing u a H&H 9 months x
  • Options
    MrsM17 congratulations again! Seeing a few more BFPs on the boards certainly helps me keep the PMA!

Loopy how was the reflexology? Did you book your hols?
  • Options
    Reflexology was good thanks Sianuk11, I've posted an indepth message on another forum topic if you want a read....

http://www.babyexpert.com/community/forums/thread/1498200?page=last#post17798099

I didn't get home last night unitl 11.30pm so by which time DH was in bed so didn't have a chance to book my hol. The time is confirmed off with work now, so me and DH will be booking it tonight! Soooooo excited!

How are u doing? Have u started SS yet? I'm on CD9 so my CBFM asked my for a stick today so at least it feels like I'm doing something positive xxx
  • Options
    I've just read your reflexology post and sounds so interesting! I want to have a session now! Sounds like you need to CHILL OUT this weekend with all that stress going on in your life.. Is there any way of finding out which bits of your feet you need to prod so you can do a bit of self-reflexology until your next visit?

I'm okay today, my thermometer has arrived and I am really excited about using it tomorrow - how sad is that! Boobs feel a bit tender but that's probably cos I have an old bra on! I kind of feel like AF is coming, I had slight ache at lunch time. It wouldn't surprise me if it came stupidly early as a couple of months ago I got af 2 weeks early image

Oooh so is the CBFM checking that you're about to go into your fertile period? xx
  • Options
    Oh thanks ladies image

Loopy I temped and BD lots apaprt from that the only thing different was a used Samsar Concieve plus, it was our 1st month of using it, so I am persuming it does what it says on the tin! xx
  • Options
    Hia Sianuk11, the CBFM measures two hormones unlike ov kits which measure one so it's supposed to be really accurate. It give a 'low', 'high' or 'peak' reading, they recommend that you bd every other on the high days (the lead up to ovulation) and both peak days - I've read that you usually ovulate 12 hours after ur first peak. It's really interesting to use and I still love it when I get my peak even after 5 months of using the machine image

Good luck with the theometer, get hiding in ur make-up bag lol! FC AF stays away for you hun. Yes definitely need to chill out, reading my post I couldn't help but think no wonder I can't get pregnant being so stressed. Didn't realised how stressed I am to honest. I'm booking holiday tonight so can't wait!!!!

Thanks for the info MrsM17 x
  • Options
    congratulations mrs m!!!
  • Options
    Thanks!

Fatigue has really kicked in today. Been falling asleep since about 4 this afternoon, also had my 1st bout of dizzy spells/lightheadedness didnt like that! Off to bed now, ive honestly never felt this tired haha! x
  • Options
    Well AF showed up for me today so I'm back to day one. Going to order another set of OPKs. Fingers crossed for this month. I really thought we had cracked it and it has really made me doubt myself and my body this month. Trying really hard to keep PMA!! x
  • Options
    Hi Mrs M is this your first baby ??

Sorry just being nosey lol x
  • Options
    Yay for the bfps! Good to read good news. Were just waiting back for oh sperm test and I'm waiting to come on, bloody 45 day cycle so far. Pretty sure I'm not ovulating, just got a feeling n from what I've read. Good luck everyone testing soon or trying for their bfp x x
  • Options
    YummyMummy27 yep this will be our 1st baby and is my 1st pregnancy after 10.5 years together and almost 2 years of marriage xx