Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

E.B Thread Part 4 - Trying for a 2012 baby

Replies

• Options
    It is good to know there are other people in the same boat and that there are other options. Although in the same breath it doesnt make it seem any easier to deal with the blow each month! Ahhh we'll all get there in the end, I just need to learn to be more patient! Whereabouts are you thinking of going on your holiday? I had a really good weekend, I went to The Fat Duck (Heston Blumental's restaurant) and it was amazing! Although mega expensive so looks like we'll be staying in now for the rest of the year... image
  • Options
    And me, 2nd of July too...

Glad you are feeling a bit better Loopy, have fun planning your holiday!

Vx
  • Options
    Hi Vass, sorry the witch got you too hun. We're on the same AF date yeah - hope all ur tests are okay.

Sianuk11 yes it doesn't make it any easier just hope it happens sooner rather than later. It doesn't help that I hate where I work so I'd love to get a BFP and look forward to some maternity leave. I've been looking for a new job but to be honest there isn't much about and cos we've been TTC for over 9 months now I don't want to stop TTC if I got a new job thorugh the probationary period as its been long enough already. I think both the job and TTC situation has been getting me really down and poor hubby has been getting it in the neck!

Ohhh the Fat Duck sounds amazing, would you recommend? Did you have to wait a long time to be able to get a table?

We're thinking of going to Marrakesh for a holiday seen an amazing hotel online, just want to wait a couple of days for the late deals to be available cos it will only be 6 weeks until we go. Are any of u planning hols this year? x
  • Options
    Dates all updated ladies!

ohh sianuk11 i'm off to the fat duck for our 1st wedding anniversary in July - did you enjoy it all? anything you struggled to eat?

Currently CD97 and still no sign of anything!! I've had sore boobs for 2 weeks now and that usually means AF is just around the corner but nothing and no BFP. beginning to get a tad annoyed, just wish AF would arrive so i can get back on with it!! xx
  • Options
    Thanks NowTrying x
  • Options
    Hey loopy, Marrakesh sounds like a good place to go. I've never been but friends of mine have and they loved it.

The Fat Duck was awesome, best meal I've ever had and the staff are so lovely! We originally went on the waiting list in March and promptly forgot, so my OH rang them on Wednesday and got a table for Sunday! Total fluke!

NowTrying you will LOVE it! All the dishes are really pretty and it's all so very clever, it was an amazing experience! I have to admit, I baulked when the snail porridge came out, but they were quite nice actually! Oh I hope sore boobs might mean pg for you, but if not then at least if af comes then you can get back to trying.
  • Options
    NowTrying hope u get ur BFP soon, are u still having reflexology? I've got my 1st session booked for Thursday cant wait!

Sianuk the Fat Duck sounds amazing but being a vegetarian I know there would be nothing for me to eat lol! I'd love to go though just for the experience, u were so lucky to get a table.

I've been looking at Marrakech again today, the hotel is lovely and a really good price. I'm going to book the time off in work this week and hope to book something soon. I started my keep fit regime today so have been for a run - I've got 6 weeks to get back in my bikini lol!

Are any of u ladies booked to go away?? x
  • Options
    I know they say they can adapt the menu for "dietary requirements" - not sure what exactly that covers but you never know, they might do an vegi version! Think you should find out and get yourself on the waiting listimage

I may be going away in September, probably somewhere Spain, but nothing certain yet. It's nice to have something to look forward to.... I saw your post on your 2ww support thread, I thought that was such a lovely thing to say about your DH it brought a little tear to my eye! xx
  • Options
    well ladies AF finally arrived today and i have to say i am SO happy about it!! now i can get on with trying again and get the reflexology to help even more.

Loopy - yes have been having sessions weekly so far and it has been great, so relaxing and it has helped with digestion etc. now i'm back to CD 1 it will be easier to see how its helping my cycles as last cycle was 97 days so worked out i started reflexology half way through my cycle.

Now I have The fat duck to keep me motivated then Sian image

Any news from anyone else just about to test? xx
  • Options
    NowTrying sorry she got u hun, but glad to hear ur so positive about TTC and the reflexology I'll let you know how I get on x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it was your af hun but as Loopy says I'm glad to hear you're seeing it as a positive! How much are reflexology sessions? I'm thinking about them, not nessecarily to help with ttc but generally with other annoying ailments!

Loopy how are things with you today?

Well I should be on 2ww now... but I am pretty certain we missed a critical day that we should have bd'd, although we bd'd the day before... Oh well. I am thinking about temping to help me pinpoint these things, I know when my body is gearing up to ov but it would be good to know if I actually did...
  • Options
    Hi Sianuk11 I'm feeling much more +ve than yesterday - thanks god! Thank you for ur support, I really needed it lol! FC you still hit the right times when bding, I use the CBFM but didn't know whether I should temp as well or if it is just too much?

Reflexology is costing me ??35 a session, I mentioned it to hubby last nite and he nearly had a fit it thought it was going to be about ??10!! Honestly men haven't got a clue :lol: He said he doesn't mind if I want to go but he says he wants to go to the doctor's if nothing happens next month. Think we might have to tell a little white lie to get some tests done, it'll be over 10 months by then so I figured by the time we have an appointment and book tests in it will take us up to the 12 month mark. FC it happens before then though and I'll be able to cancel any appointment that we've made.

Hope the 2ww goes quickly for you x
  • Options
    That is good to hear! Interesting that your hubby has said about going to the docs, I certainly don't see any harm in "getting your maths" wrong if you do go image Hopefully you won't need to go at all though..

I've never used the CBFM, I had assumed it did your temp as well, is it only a POAS thing? I have tried OPKs before but got fed up with them after a month so havent done anything other than rely on my body's signs. I dont think it would be too much if you tried temping as well. From what I've read you simply take your temp each morning. Keeping a chart is the most fiddly bit I think, but you can do all that online anyway...

OH doesnt think we should use anything, he thinks we should just let it happen naturally - you are right men really dont have a clue! So I am thinking of getting a basal thermometer and hiding it in my make up bag hehe! image
  • Options
    Hi all image

I'd like to join please !!

I came off my pill in May and have had a period so just waiting now for that BFP , This will be baby number 4 for us we have 3 beautiful boys would like a bit of Pink but not not bothered really .

Not to sure about dates to be honest this is the first month of trying and did catch quick was the last 3 so fingers crossed this could be the month !!

Well thanks for reading and i hope to be in touch with everyone soon

Good luck to everyone x
  • Options
    Welcome yummymummy!

Nowtrying please leave my testing date blank for now, day 45 n bfn arrgghh!!! My body seems to have gone v. Strange over the last 2 cycles. X. ol
  • Options
    all updated ladies xx
  • Options
    Looks like we have a BFP ladies - hope you don't mind Br2B?

Saw your pic on another thread and that definitely looks like a BFP x
  • Options
    Hi Nowtrying can you update my testing date to 5th July please?

Af finally arrived so can now get on the ttc rollercoaster again. Loopy we are going to Portugal on wed, can hardly wait. Hope you get something nice booked.

Good luck ladies. Let's get a run of bfps started.

Xx
  • Options
    Yummymummy welcome to the thread!

Br2B CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Thank You Maximo and Sianuk11 image